Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add another question to the mix.

Does your tune remove rev hang for us manual guys? If it does, hang on to your butt because everyone who owns a manual is going to want one whether it makes more power or not.

Second, if it does remove rev hang, does it still pass emissions tests or does it come with an off-highway use only statement?

Thanks
Another 6 speed manual transmission Jeep owner interested in eliminating rev hang (and more power!). Thx
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
And that’s my issue. Let’s say there is the 1% group of hardcore wheeling hsrd and drive it hard every damn day guys.. then like the vast majority on this forum who are in the 99% of weekend warrior and I wish I could do that and want to one day have a vehicle that can do that. The 1% guys have pushed the limits of drive ability and longevity so the pavement pounders would have nothing to worry about. I’ll go out on a limb and say I’m in the 1% group and at least I think I know everyone of them and nobody I know has this or even has heard of it. To me that’s not old fashioned that’s just bad marketing.. had the same conversation with a buddy who owns a shop builds rigs for the biggest company in the off road industry and he is realizing the days of magazine articles and adds and good old fashioned word of mouth isn’t what it takes to get your product out their. Everything I mean everything is social media driven. And Americans are consumers.. if they see it working the will buy it.. if they see it doing amazing things and changing the “game” they will buy it.. then people will support and your customer base will grow with real and quality gains from people who researched and purchased educatedly.
Whoah whoah! Did you just "Social Media" in close proximity to "researched" and "educated"?

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
Add another manual owner interested in the removal of the rehang characteristics.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
And that’s my issue. Let’s say there is the 1% group of hardcore wheeling hsrd and drive it hard every damn day guys.. then like the vast majority on this forum who are in the 99% of weekend warrior and I wish I could do that and want to one day have a vehicle that can do that. The 1% guys have pushed the limits of drive ability and longevity so the pavement pounders would have nothing to worry about. I’ll go out on a limb and say I’m in the 1% group and at least I think I know everyone of them and nobody I know has this or even has heard of it. To me that’s not old fashioned that’s just bad marketing.. had the same conversation with a buddy who owns a shop builds rigs for the biggest company in the off road industry and he is realizing the days of magazine articles and adds and good old fashioned word of mouth isn’t what it takes to get your product out their. Everything I mean everything is social media driven. And Americans are consumers.. if they see it working the will buy it.. if they see it doing amazing things and changing the “game” they will buy it.. then people will support and your customer base will grow with real and quality gains from people who researched and purchased educatedly.
But, that's shortsighted. You don't see the shops that have been around for 20, 30, 50, 70+ years doing this. Why? because it is flash in the pan marketing. You're hot one minute, cold the next. Just look at how many companies come and go in the performance/aftermarket world. One of the biggest mistakes people make is making a big name for yourself out of thin air.

It doesn't bother me one bit that people may not have heard of us. How you haven't heard of a shop our size does make question how hard someone is looking though.

Another 6 speed manual transmission Jeep owner interested in eliminating rev hang (and more power!). Thx
We did get a local one in, and after he's doing enjoying the 93 cal, he is going to bring it back for the FFV and to let us work on this a bit

Whoah whoah! Did you just "Social Media" in close proximity to "researched" and "educated"?
yeah, social media is good and all, but is not the end all be all. Word of mouth builds loyalty and trust that social media never gets anyone.

Add another manual owner interested in the removal of the rehang characteristics.
Sweet!

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I didn't realize this was something that could be tuned out - I've only ever experienced it in the higher rpm band figured it was down to a really heavy flywheel that was keeping the revs up.

@Livernois Motorsports, I had sent an email to somebody the other week from your website with a few questions, even referencing this forum chat. Thanks again to whoever answered my questions at gone 10:00pm - it was greatly appreciated. I would just like to clarify... In order to tune my Jeep Wrangler 3.6 6-speed, I need to order the following?

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
I am talking to my shop, CDT Performance & Offroad, about installing your tune when they upgrade my axles to Dana 60/80 in August.

I am leaning towards the 93/flex fuel tune because 93 is plentiful here in NC. My future plans include a trip out west and I know from past experience 91 octane seems to be the highest available in several western states.

If I had the 93/flex fuel tune and had no choice except 91 octane, would your tune compensate for the lower quality fuel without damaging the engine? Thanks, Mark

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't realize this was something that could be tuned out - I've only ever experienced it in the higher rpm band figured it was down to a really heavy flywheel that was keeping the revs up.

@Livernois Motorsports, I had sent an email to somebody the other week from your website with a few questions, even referencing this forum chat. Thanks again to whoever answered my questions at gone 10:00pm - it was greatly appreciated. I would just like to clarify... In order to tune my Jeep Wrangler 3.6 6-speed, I need to order the following?

Thanks,
Matt
That is correct, and then of course we need the PCM sent in to us for unlocking.

As for the rev hang, I do want to be clear, we can look into it, but we do not have a solution for it yet.

And no problem, we definitely try to answer when we can, so I am glad they were able to do that for you.

I am talking to my shop, CDT Performance & Offroad, about installing your tune when they upgrade my axles to Dana 60/80 in August.

I am leaning towards the 93/flex fuel tune because 93 is plentiful here in NC. My future plans include a trip out west and I know from past experience 91 octane seems to be the highest available in several western states.

If I had the 93/flex fuel tune and had no choice except 91 octane, would your tune compensate for the lower quality fuel without damaging the engine? Thanks, Mark
That it would not do, but we can do an 87/FFV, 91/FFV, and 93/FFV file. and if someone really, really wanted to, an 89/FFV, but honestly, 89 is hit or miss on being any better than 87, so we usually suggest running the 87 tune with 89.

Also, we don't have to do the FFV file if someone really didn't want it. Some people feel E85 is the devil, so if you really, really didn't want it, we can still do the gasoline only tuning.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh, I had a few emails asking me about the difference in the Gladiator. The engine calibration absolutely is different between these two (and the transmission even more so), so here are the results from a Gladiator.

BTW this did have some pretty heavy aftermarket wheels and slightly oversized tires on it. So it dyno'd low because of that, but still gained 50hp.

stock vs 93 VS E85.png

stock vs 93.png

stock vs E85.png

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
We did get a local one in, and after he's doing enjoying the 93 cal, he is going to bring it back for the FFV and to let us work on this a bit
Thank you for responding to us manual gearbox folks!
I understand there is no promise made, but I appreciate the effort all the same.

PS I can get rid of my rev hang for about $5k miles if I disconnect both battery ground leads and separate them for 15-20”. I’m sure this shade tree approach won’t be of too much interest, but I thought I’d pass it along in case it adds something.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for responding to us manual gearbox folks!
I understand there is no promise made, but I appreciate the effort all the same.

PS I can get rid of my rev hang for about $5k miles if I disconnect both battery ground leads and separate them for 15-20”. I’m sure this shade tree approach won’t be of too much interest, but I thought I’d pass it along in case it adds something.

Definitely good info. hopefully we get some extended seat time soon and we can work on this a bit.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Diesel finally makes the grunt you need for crawling and the 2L turbo is stupid for wheeling.. 3.6 does work well
I don't get it. The Diesel works 'best' because it has the most grunt (torque) and the 3.6 works well, but the 2.0 is stupid? The 2.0 has more torque than the 3.6. So is it the turbo that's stupid? No, that can't be it... the Diesel has a turbo, and it's OK. So it's that stupid eTorque! Well, that's ironically only available in the 3.6 now...

The stupidest thing about the 2.0 is that it isn't available with a manual transmission.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is huge. Is the 247whp number straight e85 or a mix?
They said they drain the tank between pulls of different fuels, so I doubt it’s a mix. (JL anyway)

Looking at the e85 vs 93, appears the numbers are very similar in the useable rpm ranges anyway. e85starts pulling away in the higher rpm’s
Sponsored