Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Since FCA says the warranty can be voided for using E85 because it isn't set up for it do you cover any engine work they won't pay if they find E85 in the tank?
Modifications like this are always a use at your own risk situation, but FCA says that because their calibration isn't set up for it. But the same thing is said in the manual of say, a Caravan with the Pentastar when it's not flex fuel, even though they also make a version that is. The engine, fuel system, and injectors are all the same, the only difference is the gas cap (because it's yellow), calibration, some decals, and the emissions group it's classified under.

But again, there are still huge gains on 93, so if you're worried about E85, don't check that box on the tune request, or, check it, and never put it in.

I believe most people are still thinking flex fuel means you're stuck running E85, and that's not the case. Flex fuel means it's flexible. You can run 93, E85, or any mix of the two and the computer adjusts the calibration to compensate for the ethanol level. Or, we've even had people request an 87 octane flex fuel file, so if they didn't want to run E85 they could run 87 octane gasoline instead.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok ghosted might have been strong.. I do believe if someone is asking the right questions on a new product in a group you’ve not targeted before I’d pay closer attention it... just my ethic on that part.

I’m well aware and many are of your ford expertise y’all are the go to for that.. mopar and gm I’ve never really felt that y’all were the go to for them but I also haven’t been in the gm world for the last few years and I don’t pay much attention to mopar V8’s since I don’t have a need for support since I have a Holley system for my 392 in my buggy. But your race support and oe and all these other platforms doesn’t mean anything when it comes to a wrangler.. yes there are a few that drive them like corvettes I’m guilty there but it’s like drag racing a Prius... especially on one tons and heavy 40’s.. my specific questions were to that and the nature of rock crawling.. where you don’t go over 10 mph and you use 1-3 gear in the 8 spd auto and hover around 1500-3000 rpms and when it’s 100* plus outside in a canyon with no air flow.. I could give zero f&@$ about mpg and top end or peak power because it doesn’t matter.. yes the JL is different and I regularly haul ass doing 80-90 on cruise... I drive the shit out of my Jeep and people know it.. but it’s way out of breath over 70 so it’s a big brick. I want to know how it works in real life scenarios off roading.. you want to target this new group that’s who you need to invest in.. the people who actually drive their chit beat and drive it home.. not the pavement pounders and trailer queens and mall crawlers that hit some dirt roads occasionally..

Also I do still believe all vehicles are different and you can’t tell me if your life depended on it if you built a side by side build on the same platform and get the exact same results. Especially with jeeps where there is so many inconsistencies with weights of tires and wheels and bumpers and fuel consistency, oils, driver styles.. and to the E85 we all know how bad it is all over need Vp fuel so you can actually get what you want ain’t no race team using pump E85 gas racing. And Colorado Utah Az NM E85 pumps are extremely scarce. I had no intention to say your product is junk... I simply want real data.. no some sea level dyno chart.. nobody wants that... we want to see how it’s lasted on real wheeled vehicles and make sure our 60k plus vehicles aren’t gunna grenade motors and burn up tranny’s... so if you think I’m way far off on that.. I won’t say another word and I’ll eat all the crow you want.. but if you want to be an innovator and provide a bad ass product that will sell. I’ve literally handed you all the steps in order to gain trust and respect in this community.

BTW, I wanted to make sure before posting that it was ok to disclose certain people in the pro circuit.

Back in the day, probably the most notable was Chuck Johnson, but in recent years people like LD Smith, Randy Merritt, and even Groug Foutz who have used us for their race, or personal toys.

here is even an article mentioning our calibration work for Randy Merritt https://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/news...cess-in-their-ecoboost-powered-off-road-truck

Yeah, I know they are Ford applications, but still, it's out there in the pro, and enthusiast level of off-road use.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
BTW, I wanted to make sure before posting that it was ok to disclose certain people in the pro circuit.

Back in the day, probably the most notable was Chuck Johnson, but in recent years people like LD Smith, Randy Merritt, and even Groug Foutz who have used us for their race, or personal toys.

here is even an article mentioning our calibration work for Randy Merritt https://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/news...cess-in-their-ecoboost-powered-off-road-truck

Yeah, I know they are Ford applications, but still, it's out there in the pro, and enthusiast level of off-road use.
Still want to see actual wheelers using this in a JL on tough obstacles.. Then you’d have a majority attention. And long term.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Still want to see actual wheelers using this in a JL on tough obstacles.. Then you’d have a majority attention. And long term.
I'm sorry, but when has a few horsepower from an engine tune been the deciding factor on overcoming an obstacle? Unless your running KOH or Baja, this is a mod you do for the improvement in street driving. What true value would there be in a testimonal from a YouTube personality "yep, if it weren't for my Livernois tune, I couldn't have made it up Hells Revenge"...

Just saying... thats what it seems your asking for

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry, but when has a few horsepower from an engine tune been the deciding factor on overcoming an obstacle? Unless your running KOH or Baja, this is a mod you do for the improvement in street driving. What true value would there be in a testimonal from a YouTube personality "yep, if it weren't for my Livernois tune, I couldn't have made it up Hells Revenge"...

I view it more as he wants to make sure there aren't problems using it in those situations. but everything we do has an impact to reduce temps, rather than raise them.

But today, there is definitely an "endorsement required" mindset on products. The issue is often times these are paid promotional material, or at least done to earn a discount. It's really why you don't see us team up with these types of methods.

Yes, the entire industry does so, but we want people to choose our products because of us, not because someone who has a big following, tells them to. It makes it so they do their research, reach out to actual owners and users of the product, and make the decision more honestly.

Yeah, it's old school, but it's part of what I feel makes us better and sets us apart.

Sponsored

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Any chance you could throw up a dyno graph tuned for 93?

You tuned my '13 Camaro SS about 5 years ago...Still a blast to drive
:rock:

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Thanks!
Nice usable power gains in the 2500 - 4000 RPM range (daily driving)... stop light to stop light.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I put the dyno sheets through my construction take-off software. Note it shows everything in inches and feet, ignore that it is in inches and feet, it shows the spread close enough. I also labeled them to make it easier to understand which was E85 and which was 93 Octane.

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler Stock%20vs%20E85

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler Stock%20vs%2093

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
here ya go, and always glad to hear that!

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler Stock%20vs%2093

Just a general question. Naturally Dyno charts are better at before and after readings than any specific torque reading matching sae. BUT, at what rpm do readings stabilize and become pretty reliable. Sure my 3.6 "feels" completely gutless below 2000 rpm, but thats not reality, we ignore the chart below that point. My question, does it have an "on" point or does the accuracy build up to, say, 2500 Rpm, and then from there its good?
Just a pointless question bouncing in my head since I last messed with a dyno a couple decades ago. I didn't become an expert at that time by any means

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a general question. Naturally Dyno charts are better at before and after readings than any specific torque reading matching sae. BUT, at what rpm do readings stabilize and become pretty reliable. Sure my 3.6 "feels" completely gutless below 2000 rpm, but thats not reality, we ignore the chart below that point. My question, does it have an "on" point or does the accuracy build up to, say, 2500 Rpm, and then from there its good?
Just a pointless question bouncing in my head since I last messed with a dyno a couple decades ago. I didn't become an expert at that time by any means
Well, these dyno pulls were started at around 1850, because WOT below that is not the best thing to do for an engine, although we do it for durability testing, doing it on a power pull is sorta useless. There isn't really a point where the accuracy changes on these as it's locked in gear and snapped to WOT to do the dyno sweep. basically they're accurate the whole way through, once they start making a horizontal move until the end.

I hope that made sense, but I am guessing a little at what you're asking.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well, these dyno pulls were started at around 1850, because WOT below that is not the best thing to do for an engine, although we do it for durability testing, doing it on a power pull is sorta useless. There isn't really a point where the accuracy changes on these as it's locked in gear and snapped to WOT to do the dyno sweep. basically they're accurate the whole way through, once they start making a horizontal move until the end.

I hope that made sense, but I am guessing a little at what you're asking.
I'm viewing on a mobile device and didn't zoom to look carefully. Thought couple graphs were odd looking torque curves with a near zero start point... As all horsepower graphs, yeah nevermind.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran

Well if you needed that to get up Hells revenge you should be considering many other things on your vehicle and some driver education. In the Devils Hot tub I certainly could use some more torque and quicker throttle response. I wanna know how it crawls and how the trans reacts because my tazer sucks and makes my Jeep act stupid sooo that would be nice to not need that anymore.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
I view it more as he wants to make sure there aren't problems using it in those situations. but everything we do has an impact to reduce temps, rather than raise them.

But today, there is definitely an "endorsement required" mindset on products. The issue is often times these are paid promotional material, or at least done to earn a discount. It's really why you don't see us team up with these types of methods.

Yes, the entire industry does so, but we want people to choose our products because of us, not because someone who has a big following, tells them to. It makes it so they do their research, reach out to actual owners and users of the product, and make the decision more honestly.

Yeah, it's old school, but it's part of what I feel makes us better and sets us apart.
And that’s my issue. Let’s say there is the 1% group of hardcore wheeling hsrd and drive it hard every damn day guys.. then like the vast majority on this forum who are in the 99% of weekend warrior and I wish I could do that and want to one day have a vehicle that can do that. The 1% guys have pushed the limits of drive ability and longevity so the pavement pounders would have nothing to worry about. I’ll go out on a limb and say I’m in the 1% group and at least I think I know everyone of them and nobody I know has this or even has heard of it. To me that’s not old fashioned that’s just bad marketing.. had the same conversation with a buddy who owns a shop builds rigs for the biggest company in the off road industry and he is realizing the days of magazine articles and adds and good old fashioned word of mouth isn’t what it takes to get your product out their. Everything I mean everything is social media driven. And Americans are consumers.. if they see it working the will buy it.. if they see it doing amazing things and changing the “game” they will buy it.. then people will support and your customer base will grow with real and quality gains from people who researched and purchased educatedly.
Sponsored