Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
For once I feel like I haven't wasted time in a forum!

Would your tune adjust itself to higher flow intakes and exhausts added later and if so, is it going to fully utilise the maximum flows possible?

Thanks and well done on being transparent about the mods and dealerships. You guys stand out from the rest of parts manufacturers out there.
Good question, I was curious about that too!

Also along those lines @Livernois Motorsports let’s say I get your tuner for the gladiator now, then add on a Hamburger in a year or two.... do I need to get a new tune done to take advantage of the added power?
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Also along those lines @Livernois Motorsports let’s say I get your tuner for the gladiator now, then add on a Hamburger in a year or two.... do I need to get a new tune done to take advantage of the added power?
Absolutely. Higher flow exhaust and intake are not the same concept as supercharging. You're going to need a tune for positive manifold pressure.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
For once I feel like I haven't wasted time in a forum!

Would your tune adjust itself to higher flow intakes and exhausts added later and if so, is it going to fully utilise the maximum flows possible?

Thanks and well done on being transparent about the mods and dealerships. You guys stand out from the rest of parts manufacturers out there.
Being these are speed density, they automatically accommodate for the increase in air flow, and unlike the stock calibration, which will pull power back under these situations, ours will allow it to utilize the increase in efficiency.

Good question, I was curious about that too!

Well, our vote would be the magnuson, since these already are gutless down low, the PD style blower just makes it that much better all the way around. As for flex fuel for that, we are working on making an offering with the Magnuson for that exact option, but likely will not be supporting multiple options remotely.

Absolutely. Higher flow exhaust and intake are not the same concept as supercharging. You're going to need a tune for positive manifold pressure.
exactly.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Being these are speed density, they automatically accommodate for the increase in air flow, and unlike the stock calibration, which will pull power back under these situations, ours will allow it to utilize the increase in efficiency.
Thanks for the reply but what you do mean by "these" and "they"? The mods and your tune?

And do you have recommendations for an intake and an exhaust and what can we see on your 93/our RON 98?

Thanks again!

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply but what you do mean by "these" and "they"? The mods and your tune?

And do you have recommendations for an intake and an exhaust and what can we see on your 93/our RON 98?

Thanks again!

These and they refer to the Jeep itself.

As of today, we haven't seen a specific intake or exhaust that leaps out in front of others.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
As of today, we haven't seen a specific intake or exhaust that leaps out in front of others.
Do you have any thoughts regarding the exhaust loop? Specifically what it's effects are on power, and how it changes when it is deleted.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any thoughts regarding the exhaust loop? Specifically what it's effects are on power, and how it changes when it is deleted.
the only reason I am aware that it exists is for noise cancelling when in low cam lift mode. we have not seen power changes getting rid of it though.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Is there a tune specifically for towing? I'm looking for more of an overall torque increase over horsepower increase. And while we're at it, can you flip flop around on different tunes on the same tank of gas? This may be a great solution to make my towing experience more comfortable.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a tune specifically for towing? I'm looking for more of an overall torque increase over horsepower increase. And while we're at it, can you flip flop around on different tunes on the same tank of gas? This may be a great solution to make my towing experience more comfortable.
If requested, we can make a towing specific file. That's no issue to do. It would tone down some aspects of the tune while enhancing others to help offset the increase in load.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
If requested, we can make a towing specific file. That's no issue to do. It would tone down some aspects of the tune while enhancing others to help offset the increase in load.
I know it might be a stretch, but would there be any way to retrofit a physical tow/haul button to switch between tunes?

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it might be a stretch, but would there be any way to retrofit a physical tow/haul button to switch between tunes?
while we like that idea, unfortunately that's a huge amount of custom code to write, the R+D side of things would be pretty high to get it rolling and functional. so it's not something that is likely to be cost effective to do.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting thread and I know of Livernois from past vehicles, they’ve always had a solid reputation.

I had a few questions, most of which have been answered earlier in the thread but have one remaining.... Regarding the PCM - as my JL is a daily driver and being in Canada (renowned for Maple Syrup, beautiful mountains and the worlds worst excuse for a national mail carrier) I’m not sure having a significant amount of downtime is realistic...sooo, could I buy “a“ PCM and send it down (as long as it was from/is for a JL) then swap it out for my stock one (meaning if I ever decide to sell this Jeep and buy another, or if it were ever to be written off I could simply swap the original one back in and transplant the modified one to a new JL)?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting thread and I know of Livernois from past vehicles, they’ve always had a solid reputation.

I had a few questions, most of which have been answered earlier in the thread but have one remaining.... Regarding the PCM - as my JL is a daily driver and being in Canada (renowned for Maple Syrup, beautiful mountains and the worlds worst excuse for a national mail carrier) I’m not sure having a significant amount of downtime is realistic...sooo, could I buy “a“ PCM and send it down (as long as it was from/is for a JL) then swap it out for my stock one (meaning if I ever decide to sell this Jeep and buy another, or if it were ever to be written off I could simply swap the original one back in and transplant the modified one to a new JL)?
So, we can set up a new PCM for it, honestly it's way easier if we supply it. But here is how it would go. We would send you the tuner in advance, you would take a read and get some other information from your truck's original PCM, and then we would have you update the device to send that information to us. We would then transfer the necessary information to the PCM we have here, perform the unlock process, and get it ready to go. However, this is something that can only be done with a new PCM, you would not be able to move that PCM to a different truck as once the VIN is programmed in it's permanent.

I don't think you could swap it to a new JL. The PCM's are all VIN coded, if i recall.
No, the PCM comes blank from FCA, but we have to put the VIN and other items in it for the unlock otherwise it's a paperweight.

I would say it's possible but you are going to have to have a REALLY cooperative dealer!
Yeah, agreed, you'd have to convince a dealer to program the PCM, then send out one of them after they replaced it. Unlikely they're going to touch it to help, even if they're cool about modifications.
Sponsored