Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Starting to install my tune today. One note for both Livernois and us. The included instructions for plugging in the bypass cable are not for a wrangler. The canbus junction is directly behind the glovebox. Drop the glovebox like you are changing the cabin filter and it is down on the left. Super accessible once I found it.

Do you have an automatic or manual?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
@Livernois Motorsports the programmer doesn't need to stay plugged in after changing the tune from stock, right? How do we go about asking for a spare ECM since I don't see it on your site?

Last edited:

Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Question of the day for Livernois. A bunch of members here change out the factory 5" radio, myself included. I cannot power off my new 7" radio, am I safe updating the pcm with the radio on?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Anyone installed this yet? Curious to hear about it.
He isn't on here but a local customer we did this on let me know that at the Sand drags at Silver lake he was able to outrun a 6.4 Hemi swapped JL with E85 in the tank, so I was definitely glad to hear that.

It’s so much cheaper to get e85 though, and with the power gains I think it would be worth it overall.
this, the dollars per mile is usually close on 87, but cheaper than premium.

Starting to install my tune today. One note for both Livernois and us. The included instructions for plugging in the bypass cable are not for a wrangler. The canbus junction is directly behind the glovebox. Drop the glovebox like you are changing the cabin filter and it is down on the left. Super accessible once I found it.
Thanks for that, yeah, they mush have shipped an old version of the instructions. I will make sure they start shipping out the newer copy

I'm about to pull the trigger on this as well, thanks for the info! Once you're all setup, please let us know which tune you're running and how you like it.
I can't wait to see this group start sharing their feedback on it!

I will. It will take me a bit as I also purchased a unlocked pcm from Livernois so I can keep my original pcm locked for whenever I sell/service the vehicle. Hopefully I will be running it next week.
Check your PM's

So do you need to take the new, unlocked PCM down to stealership to get flashed to your VIN first or is there another way to do it? I remember seeing some messages further back about this and loved the idea.
We can send you our tuner in advance to get needed information from your current PCM to be able to get the new one ready to work.

No need to go to the dealer. Livernois writes it to my vin and sends it with the tune ready to go.
Vin, and a bunch of other info as well!

That's perfect!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Livernois Mycalibrator Tune Claims 50HP Gains (on E85) for V6 JL Wrangler 1595460854649
No problem!

@Livernois Motorsports the programmer doesn't need to stay plugged in after changing the tune from stock, right? How do we go about asking for a spare ECM since I don't see it on your site?
Correct, no need to leave it plugged in. once it's programmed, it's ready to go. Although we do sell a window mount if you wanted to watch gauges with the device.

Question of the day for Livernois. A bunch of members here change out the factory 5" radio, myself included. I cannot power off my new 7" radio, am I safe updating the pcm with the radio on?
The tuner should send a command to turn off the radio behind the scenes, so this shouldn't be an issue.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I am interested...I sent Livernois a detailed info request via their website contact email middle of last week and waiting for a response. One of my concerns living in 'Hells Acres' (Arizona) with summer temps often well north of 115 degrees and premium gas typically rated at a high of 91 octane, are potential overheating / pre-ignition issues. Anyone in the Arizona desert have experience with this tune?

Last edited:

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I am interested...I sent Livernois a detailed info request via their website contact email middle of last week and waiting for a response. One of my concerns living in' Hells Acres' (Arizona) with summer temps often well north of 115 degrees and premium gas typically rated at a high of 91 octane, are potential overheating / pre-ignition issues. Anyone in the Arizona desert have experience with this tune?
What part of Az?

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Well, truthfully, these trucks SHOULD be running premium fuel right from the get go. They work with 87, and we can actually still make improvements, but it's still held back due to the high compression these engines
This is interesting, what gains were found with 93 on a stock jeep?

I know you said your programmer can not do everything a tazer can. But what parameters can be adjusted with the hand held unit?

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
I am interested...I sent Livernois a detailed info request via their website contact email middle of last week and waiting for a response. One of my concerns living in 'Hells Acres' (Arizona) with summer temps often well north of 115 degrees and premium gas typically rated at a high of 91 octane, are potential overheating / pre-ignition issues. Anyone in the Arizona desert have experience with this tune?
If you want to PM me your email address I can look into the support ticket status.

As for the temps, we definitely still add power into it even in extreme temps, but of course we pull out power when it gets past a certain temp range as well to help protect the engine. but increased ignition timing, and getting into the powerband sooner and enrichment sooner like we do usually drop temps, and helps prevent temp related issues.

This is interesting, what gains were found with 93 on a stock jeep?

I know you said your programmer can not do everything a tazer can. But what parameters can be adjusted with the hand held unit?
So this was dependent on how it was tested. basically these learn to pull power back a decent bit with 87. so you need to have premium in it long enough that it allows the power to be put back in. if you do, they make 5-10 more HP on the stock calibration vs 87. In the case of the gladiator, he had only ran 93 since brand new, and it was still an under performer.

as for features, there are some service related items like resetting of adaptive, throttle relearn, etc. but tire/gear are the biggest ones we support. we are working on other items though
Sponsored

Last edited: