Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I've had the tune for several months now and no issues. Mine wasn't pinging before though. I went with a spare ECU just for the piece of mind of a fail safe backup.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
@Livernois Motorsports my dealer ship claims that if I swap out my JLU 3.6 ecu with a tuned one and then swap back my oem ecu down the track should I need warranty. That it logs when it was removed from the car and they would void my warranty. Is there any truth to that or just a dealer scare? Thanks
it doesn't do that, BUT, the ECM and cluster both store mileage. so you would have a mismatch since the cluster would not match either ECM once removed and driven with another. however, removing it in and of itself shows nothing.

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
So does the tune come with both the engine and tranny tune?

If you can answer Livernois, is there anyway to do any “custom” tuning for the trans, i.e. rev matched downshifts in manual mode or quicker manual shift response similar to the logic on the SRT ZF8 factory transmission tuning?

I know it’s not a performance vehicle, but that functionality is one of the things I miss on the JL compared to my old Charger.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So does the tune come with both the engine and tranny tune?

If you can answer Livernois, is there anyway to do any “custom” tuning for the trans, i.e. rev matched downshifts in manual mode or quicker manual shift response similar to the logic on the SRT ZF8 factory transmission tuning?

I know it’s not a performance vehicle, but that functionality is one of the things I miss on the JL compared to my old Charger.
It indeed does come with transmission tuning. As for the trans tuning, this has a Chrysler built, licensed 8-speed based on ZF designs, with that said the clutches don't quite operate the same as as the true ZF built 8HP transmissions. so there are limitations to what we can do. With that said, it's far more responsive for sure!

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone else have Livernois’ tune with the Magnuson SC? After 5k miles it’s claimed both my cats and fouled all 6 plugs from running rich. Im at high elevation with ~83kpa/12psi. At this point, Livernois has left me stranded and I’m having regrets so I’m interested in others experience with this set up.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else have Livernois’ tune with the Magnuson SC? After 5k miles it’s claimed both my cats and fouled all 6 plugs from running rich. Im at high elevation with ~83kpa/12psi. At this point, Livernois has left me stranded and I’m having regrets so I’m interested in others experience with this set up.
Every time I get close to pulling the trigger these fears pop up and I chicken out. Hope they get you squared away somehow. Are you working with a shop? I'd most likely be doing my own work so these kind of problems feel like bigger problems

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
FCA spent bajillions tuning the powertrain for reliability and SOME performance. When you start messing with that... you have to assume some responsibility and accept that in general, reliability of some components will be compromised no matter what.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Small update review. It's been 2 months.

Transmission tune is still good. Keeping the Jeep in lower gear around town, but seems lately to almost revert back to normal state. 6 or 7th gear and only 35 MPH. There should be no reason this engine is running at 1k RPM's.

Engine wise. MPG's have taken a shitty hit, like I'm down to 15 MPG's. Most of my driving is slower in town, but still when I get out on the highway it's not doing much better. I'm getting about 320 miles in a tank, that's if I ran it dry and didn't go to the pump with a gas light. I still have the downshifting on slight inclines. These engines just don't have the power under 2k to keep normal flow of traffic.

I could be running extremely rich and need to get more air into the engine. Already switch to AFE dry. Possibly need to switch to Mopar CAI. OR I need to get the air out better.

Again I didn't buy this for MPG's, but I would like to be able to go 400 miles on a tank and not worry about it. If I'm roundtripping with the family, we will take the wife Expedition (love the Ecoboost and 10 speed).

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small update review. It's been 2 months.

Transmission tune is still good. Keeping the Jeep in lower gear around town, but seems lately to almost revert back to normal state. 6 or 7th gear and only 35 MPH. There should be no reason this engine is running at 1k RPM's.

Engine wise. MPG's have taken a shitty hit, like I'm down to 15 MPG's. Most of my driving is slower in town, but still when I get out on the highway it's not doing much better. I'm getting about 320 miles in a tank, that's if I ran it dry and didn't go to the pump with a gas light. I still have the downshifting on slight inclines. These engines just don't have the power under 2k to keep normal flow of traffic.

I could be running extremely rich and need to get more air into the engine. Already switch to AFE dry. Possibly need to switch to Mopar CAI. OR I need to get the air out better.

Again I didn't buy this for MPG's, but I would like to be able to go 400 miles on a tank and not worry about it. If I'm roundtripping with the family, we will take the wife Expedition (love the Ecoboost and 10 speed).

It will learn your driving, absolutely. So the lighter you are on the throttle, the earlier the shifts. if you want to blow away the learning, programming the trans tune will remove any bad habits learned. The later shifts will probably help with economy as well.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Is there a tune for the ‘21 eTorque 3.6? The wife is jealous of my 2.0 Sahara acceleration…with 35’s and 4.56’s. She has the Rubicon. lol

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a tune for the ‘21 eTorque 3.6? The wife is jealous of my 2.0 Sahara acceleration…with 35’s and 4.56’s. She has the Rubicon. lol
Unfortunately we do not support the eTorque models. So for 21, that means Gladiator, and manual trans 3.6 only.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Is there anything in the tune that could prevent the o2 and egr sensor from being ready for an inspection? I am having trouble passing inspection and other than changing speakers recently I cant figure out whats causing it.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there anything in the tune that could prevent the o2 and egr sensor from being ready for an inspection? I am having trouble passing inspection and other than changing speakers recently I cant figure out whats causing it.
Not offhand, but did you disconnect the battery? and if so, how many miles have you driven since? I know when we did the emissions test for the gasoline version, it took a crazy long time for those monitors to complete after programming it.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
It's strange. No battery disconnect in 6 months or so. The only thing I did recently is replace the dash and knee speakers 2 weeks ago. Since then I have driven 800 miles or so. Last part is that the dealer fried my radio with an update so maybe they unplugged the battery. Still, I have driven at least 300 miles since then.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's strange. No battery disconnect in 6 months or so. The only thing I did recently is replace the dash and knee speakers 2 weeks ago. Since then I have driven 800 miles or so. Last part is that the dealer fried my radio with an update so maybe they unplugged the battery. Still, I have driven at least 300 miles since then.
that is probably it, more than likely the battery was disconnected. I believe on our truck it took like 900 miles for them all to run, it was insane. but that was the case stock and tuned.
Sponsored