RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

That is the safe way to play it and for you it makes sense to stick with pump gas.

I was precise with my words when I said the fuel system is designed for E85. Injectors, pump, tank and lines are all impervious to ethanol. However, the ECU’s fuel map doesn’t go past E15. It might go as high as E25 to cover Brazilian exports.

At any rate, if E85 causes any problems with my Jeep I promise I’ll jump on the forum and report!
Bingo!

I have run several tanks of E85 since my Livernois tune, runs great on that stuff. It has been over a dollar a gallon less than 93 and the other grades. I don't run it all the time, just when I feel like some extra kick in the pants.
Sponsored

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Seems to be not quite as bad after the tune, still there a bit. Surging in low just off idle is still annoying as hell.

Gordon79

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Has anyone perhaps encountered an issued with a Livernois cloned, unlocked PCM where it keeps throwing a P057B - "Brake pedal position sensor circuit range/performance" DTC? I am waiting on my vehicle-specific tunes so running the stock calibration in the cloned PCM, but it keeps coming up with the same DTC which causes a CEL and disables cruise control at the same time.

I've tried running a few procedures in JScan, such as a full ABS initialization, as well as a brake pedal re-learn but neither have helped. The vehicle runs 100% otherwise with no other issue using the cloned PCM.

I have tried swapping back to the original, locked PCM and then there is no sign of the DTC, which leads me to believe it is related to the new PCM and not the brake pedal switch.

I picked up on a few other posts related other 3.6 Pentastar vehicles experiencing the same DTC after a HP Tuners unlock, but they were either resolved with fitting a new BPPS, running the same calibration procedures listed above, or did not list a resolution.

Granted I am still waiting on a response from Livernois on the issue, but had hoped that someone else had experienced this and has a solution.

TIA.
Sponsored