Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

cn018_003jpr192maqh5q017krcqi42sav8av-jpg.jpg

Enjoy live photos of the Jeep Sandstorm concept, a JL Wrangler based Baja runner built for high-speed desert blitzing.

Details:

Inspired by Baja desert racers, the Jeep Sandstorm concept is all about blitzing long, sandy straightaways while still being capable of handling the daily driving duties. To accomplish this, the Sandstorm features off-road hardware that will handle both with ease, including an extreme-duty suspension system and a powertrain with excess power on tap.

To fit the Baja look, the exterior features custom styling cues including a vented carbon fiber hood, vented high clearance front and rear fender flares and a cage that includes a rear mounted lay down style spare tire carrier. The exterior handles and swing gate have been removed while the rear doors have been chopped for a cleaner look.

Other custom Baja-inspired touches include high clearance front and rear tube bumpers, modified rock rails, an integrated on-board air compressor, race-style fuel filler, KC Carbon series front auxiliary lights and a chase light.

The front axle has been moved forward four inches and utilizes a heavy-duty longarm four-link suspension and track bar. The rear axle has been moved back two inches and utilizes a triangulated trailing arm four-link suspension. The longer wheelbase allows for increased high-speed stability. Custom coilovers and bypass shocks allow the front wheels to travel 14 inches while the rear wheels can travel up to 18 inches.

For even more capability, the Jeep Sandstorm concept includes heavy-duty front and rear Dynatrac 60 axles with a 5.68 gear ratio, 17-inch beadlock wheels and 39.5-inch BF Goodrich Krawler tires.

The Baja race truck theme continues throughout the interior, which features a custom cage that integrates the chassis, leather-trimmed front seats and unique low-back racing bucket seats in the rear. A racing-inspired cluster and 7-inch off-road GPS unit handle navigation while independent rocker switches control on-board electronics, air compressor and axle lockers. The Sandstorm concept sheds all plastic trim and carpet in favor of a bedlined floor.

The Jeep Sandstorm is powered by a 6.4-liter V-8 engine from the Mopar performance catalog and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
jeep-sandstorm-concept-26.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-14.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-2.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-3.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-4.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-1.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-5.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-6.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-7.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-8.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-9.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-10.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-11.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-12.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-13.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-16.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-17.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-18.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-19.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-20.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-21.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-22.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-23.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-24.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-25.jpg
jeep-sandstorm-concept-27.jpg
Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
The front and rear fenders are a MUST! Praying that they make them for the JT! love the Gas door as well so clean!

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not typically a fan of tube style bumpers. In this case, I like both front and rear. Wouldnt mind putting them on mine if the front had a winch mount

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome!

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I want the bumpers. I am almost willing to buy a used front metal stubby and try to fabricate the rest. Because I like those bumpers. Did I mention how much I like those bumpers?

mohawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUS
I want the bumpers. I am almost willing to buy a used front metal stubby and try to fabricate the rest. Because I like those bumpers. Did I mention how much I like those bumpers?
Also a huge fan of these bumpers - any luck fabricating something similar?
Pretty much the only bumper I've really liked!

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
No such luck/time.

SK9638

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy first Wrangler
I'd kick a fat kid in KMart for a set of those fenders.
Same, I am surprised there are no options even similar. They made a copy of the hood but no fenders. I want to make my build a blend of the sandstorm and chief edition style/colors.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
who did the copy of the hood?

Same, I am surprised there are no options even similar. They made a copy of the hood but no fenders. I want to make my build a blend of the sandstorm and chief edition style/colors.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Given Stellantis's recent pricing gouging model, it's not hard to imagine that this concept would cost well over $100K. While I really hope this Jeep eventually makes it to market, I'm afraid it will be unattainable for most buyers.

SK9638

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy first Wrangler

Deleted member 59498

That thing would be so much fun!

What do you think happens to concepts? Do they go into storage you think or local plant museum like thing?

Like they built that US Military tribute a few years back.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD