Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Would it be a fair assessment to think the perfect top is:

A freedom hard top with 2 more removable panels over the rear seat, removable side rear quarter windows (like the power top) a d a removable rear window?
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
There is a write up posted by Jay. Says you have to remove hard top or put soft top down to lower windshield. Based on the steps I don't think that's accurate. Looks like you could remove just freedom panels or open the sunrider portion of soft top. Power hard/soft top will probably need full removal.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
There was some mention in some of the earlier rumors/leaks/drafts, but as we've gotten closer to launch, there has been nothing. I've been looking closely and it looks like heated seats only for now.

:whew:

But you Yankees up way up north in Arkansas should be fine.

;)

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Cooled seats. Wow. Just take the friggin doors off! I've got foot pegs, so when I wear shorts and stick my foot on the peg, I get cooled off nicely, in ways with which no cooling system can compete! ;)

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Yeah they are definitely not coming (at least as a 2018) but just like my Buffalo Bills... there’s always next year

King_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Z51 Stingray, 1989 Jeep YJ
Cooled seats. Wow. Just take the friggin doors off! I've got foot pegs, so when I wear shorts and stick my foot on the peg, I get cooled off nicely, in ways with which no cooling system can compete! ;)
You're from Indiana so I'll forgive you,:cwl: but you have clearly never experienced west Texas heat, I am a top off guy year round, but when you are riding around and it's 120 degrees outside, it's hard to walk into work with your entire backside dripping wet with sweat... It's a sacrifice I"m willing to take to be doors off, but it would be a great feature for those of use who drive doors off year round (to include the HOT summer months)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're from Indiana so I'll forgive you,:cwl: but you have clearly never experienced west Texas heat, I am a top off guy year round, but when you are riding around and it's 120 degrees outside, it's hard to walk into work with your entire backside dripping wet with sweat... It's a sacrifice I"m willing to take to be doors off, but it would be a great feature for those of use who drive doors off year round (to include the HOT summer months)
Yeah, I'll give you that. I lived in Houston for a year with my YJ with no air at all. I made it to October, thinking it would cool off enough, but I cried uncle and forked over $1200 to have air installed on it. Funny thing was that I wound up moving back to Indiana, where I never really used the air from then on. Lol!

Sponsored

King_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Z51 Stingray, 1989 Jeep YJ
Yeah, I'll give you that. I lived in Houston for a year with my YJ with no air at all. I made it to October, thinking it would cool off enough, but I cried uncle and forked over $1200 to have air installed on it. Funny thing was that I wound up moving back to Indiana, where I never really used the air from then on. Lol!
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I currently DD my 89 YJ and it is hot as hell (no ac of course). I’m originally from KY, so it was much easier when I lived there and in Delaware, but I learned a whole new appreciation for AC when I moved to Texas... I’m currently living in Arkansas and Texas, but luckily Arkansas is a little cooler from time to time.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I currently DD my 89 YJ and it is hot as hell (no ac of course). I’m originally from KY, so it was much easier when I lived there and in Delaware, but I learned a whole new appreciation for AC when I moved to Texas... I’m currently living in Arkansas and Texas, but luckily Arkansas is a little cooler from time to time.
Enjoy that YJ! I've kicked myself for 12 years since I sold mine. I'd love to have it back.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Hanging a 35” tire on a cantilevered hinge is a bad idea long term no matter how much you reinforce it.
I have the Teraflex tailgate tire carrier on my '14 JK. It's holding a 37 tire and has not shown any sign of sagging or other issues in almost 4 years. i highly recommend it! I think this is a better carrier than those that are mounted to the bumper at a single point. Now those are cantilevered!
I had a bumper mounted carrier with 35's on my TJ. It definitely started to sag even though it had a support when closed. And rust dripped out of the bearing area. It wasn't a budget bumper, but I can't recall what brand it was. LOD I think.
Sponsored