Little things you discovered on your JL

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Im not in front of my Jeep but i believe if you go to settings on the instrument panel there should be the following options:

Gear Display — If Equipped • Full (default setting) • Single

Current Gear • On • Off (default setting)

Odometer — If Equipped • Show (default setting) • Hide
Thanks! Found it!!
Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I like you can make the pointer in the navigation a wrangler, an SUV, or an arrow. I used the wrangler of course. I also like when I’m in the adaptive cruise function in the screen above the steering column and there is a car in front of you, it shows the back of a Willys Jeep.

Sponsored

5c0073r

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
too funny! but true! i had a 2016 jk, traded it for a new crosstrek (dumbest move ever), screwed my head back on and now settling in to a sweet sting gray jl sahara.
I have wanted a jeep for 20 some years, but a jeep was not conducive to car seats and small children. Now that 3 out of 4 of our kids are out of car seats I was good to go!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
37FC2377-148F-4C2D-AAD7-3E7C76B7CA12.png
A few things I enjoy

I like that you can drag the apps you like into the favorite bar of the touchscreen

Like the little Jeep that runs along the dashboard screen when you start the car

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Im not in front of my Jeep but i believe if you go to settings on the instrument panel there should be the following options:

Gear Display — If Equipped • Full (default setting) • Single

Current Gear • On • Off (default setting)

Odometer — If Equipped • Show (default setting) • Hide
Thanks! I made this change and like the cleaner display.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I have a JLUR. I thought it was a freak thing but I experienced it 3 plus times now. If the outside temp is below 40 degrees, upon start up, the heated steering wheel and driver's seat warmers automatically come on. Not sure if it is a setting that I selected earlier on but it is pretty cool. Has anyone else noticed this?
Mine does the exact same

04JRB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is the most irritating thing I have ever encountered. My childs car seat does not seat safely against the rear seats. The ONLY freakin thing in the way is the headrest. It irritates me to no end why they did not make them foldable as pictured in the manual. Big Fail in safety if you ask me since my childs car seat literally slides all over the back.
I had the same issue on a front facing car seat. I had to use the tether on my child seat between the headrest and the seat top and clipping it to the back of the seat, my 3 other vehicles did not need this as I was able to use the buckle to the D loops where the seat back and bottom meet, and the cars seat belt through the back of the car seat It was a tight squeeze getting that clip and buckle through the tiny gap between the headrest and the seat back top, had to pull the strap to let the headrest come down partially to open up that gap a bit to get enough room to finagle it through there. Its solid and does not move anymore.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
too funny! but true! i had a 2016 jk, traded it for a new crosstrek (dumbest move ever), screwed my head back on and now settling in to a sweet sting gray jl sahara.
Just went from a 2013 cross trek in Saturday to a silver sport S....nothing but smiles....loved my subie....but it wasn't convertible, or manual, or 285 hp, or a jeep

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I discovered that when you pull items out of the back, the thing that covers up the storage compartment slides out of the jeep. Super annoying

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
My wife noticed flip flops on the passenger side of the cowl. She also found "JL" in morse code on the left inside in the back.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife noticed flip flops on the passenger side of the cowl. She also found "JL" in morse code on the left inside in the back.
morse code, I have not seen that. Can you send a photo of the location?
Sponsored