First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Do you know if you can select this feature through UConnect with both the 7" screen and the 8.4" screens? Or just the 8.4"?
Yes - it's on the 7" in settings to turn on or off. But you cannot select a temperature. It's nice...really nice but I think 40 is over kill. Maybe 35 or even 32 would have been better as both will get hot in no time. Better to have than not though.
Sponsored

MountainGurl

First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have the heated seats and steering wheel, JLUR. Noticed when it’s cold outside, ~37F is when I noticed it, they both turn on automatically on startup, the heated steering wheel and drivers seat that is.
I noticed that too but didn't make the connection to outside temps... duh

MountainGurl

First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Today is actually the first day I've used those little push button lights on the sound bar at night and wow are they bright.

Always knew they were there but never needed to use at night till today.
Where is the "sound bar"?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Do you know if you can select this feature through UConnect with both the 7" screen and the 8.4" screens? Or just the 8.4"?
It’s on both. I believe you can turn it on and off entirely, or have them only turn on with remote starts.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but there’s a friggin dinosaur on the factory passenger front floor mat.

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
I've read through this thread at a glance but I noticed the headlight bulb on my sport has the olllllllo emblem

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I have a JL Rubicon with the Cold Weather group and I remember seeing in the settings for remote start I can have the driver seat and steering wheel turn on. And noticed it hasn’t been working...until last few mornings temps have been below 30* F or so and the seats and wheel were on with remote start. Does anyone know the actual temperature threshold for this to work???

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I have a JL Rubicon with the Cold Weather group and I remember seeing in the settings for remote start I can have the driver seat and steering wheel turn on. And noticed it hasn’t been working...until last few mornings temps have been below 30* F or so and the seats and wheel were on with remote start. Does anyone know the actual temperature threshold for this to work???
Supposedly 40. You can have it do it with both normal and remote start, or turn the feature off, in uconnect settings.

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly 40. You can have it do it with both normal and remote start, or turn the feature off, in uconnect settings.
Hmm I will see if 40 is the magic number. And yes I’m aware I can turn this feature off! Thanks!

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Just this week I noticed this feature. I typically do not remote start my car, but wanted to try it and after seeing this feature will use it more often.

I probably should read the owner's manual to see what other features I am missing out on although I like the surprises.

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just this week I noticed this feature. I typically do not remote start my car, but wanted to try it and after seeing this feature will use it more often.

I probably should read the owner's manual to see what other features I am missing out on although I like the surprises.
Yes I like finding the little things! But I use it year round because of the seat warmers for my back pain!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Blazer, 2019 JLR, 2015 JLURHR (sold) 2014 JLUS (sold) 2014 JLRX (Sold)
I am all for technology, but not at the expense of reliability. Anything that compromises the reliability or security of my vehicle, I am not in favor of.

The keyless electronic FOB compromises on reliability and security, so I am not sure why people here stroke it so much?

No one has been able to logically with empirical evidence explain to me why I would desire a keyless electronic FOB over a mechanical key. They just say things like "It's cool".

Well something being "cool" or "different" isn't a persuading factor to me. Having my key break because it gets wet and strands me with my vehicle is!

Having someone push the start button against my will because the key is in proximity is!

Having to find a place to store the stupidly large bulky key fob (and associated attached house / work keys) instead of just hanging in the ignition is.

Again, why should I desire a electronic non durable keyless fob and a push button start?
Pretty sure you can pop the button of the push start out and use the physical key to start the vehicle.....
Sponsored