Sponsored

Little things you discovered on your JL

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I know I saw this posted at least one other place, but I am surprised that in 22 pages there is no mention of this. Not sure if everybody has the same thing here, dealer said they saw a pineapple also.

IMG_0238.JPG
Sponsored

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
Mine fold as pictured, but that fold is forward, so I don't see how that would help with a child seat. Lucky for me, I was able to switch to just the bottom booster seat the same time my new JL arrives, so I'm OK on that front. But I don't recall the headrests in my JK being adjustable, either, though maybe they were removable? Never had a problem with a car seat, even the massive ones for really young kids, in any of my JKs. Hope you find a solution!
I had the same issue in my JK. Its a front facing Recaro child seat for my 3 year old. As pictured, the headrest should be able to fold all the way forward, literally touching the back of the seat. That way there is no large gap between the car-seat and the seat itself. The top of my childs carseat rests against the headrest which does not allow the car-seat to rest firmly against the seat. Long story short, it pisses me off because the headrest is in the freakin way and I cant remove it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
What does this do??? I've turned it all the way up and all the way down, nothing changes. The wheel next to it controls my dash/touch screen lights and will turn on the overhead lights.
20180315_094002.jpg
That dial controls the ambient lighting but if you have your dash lighting set to max which is one click less than the dome being on it does nothing but if you go one more click down then you can ceontrol the ambient lighting

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That dial controls the ambient lighting but if you have your dash lighting set to max which is one click less than the dome being on it does nothing but if you go one more click down then you can ceontrol the ambient lighting
That dial does not do anything on a Sport or Sport S since those trim levels do not have ambient lighting.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That dial does not do anything on a Sport or Sport S since those trim levels do not have ambient lighting.
Really, that seems prettty dam silly to put the dial there is it does nothing, if it does nothing I would have preferred it been left out.

Sponsored

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Sport S has some LEDs in your unlock handle area, that can be dimmed by the switch

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I've noticed that it only seems to affect footwell lighting, and it only works at night. Or perhaps when the headlights are on.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
I know I saw this posted at least one other place, but I am surprised that in 22 pages there is no mention of this. Not sure if everybody has the same thing here, dealer said they saw a pineapple also.

IMG_0238.JPG
But what is this?

Sponsored

DirtyTj

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way 2018 JLUR in granite crystal with most everything but smokers group and dual top.2003 Sahara ARB air lockers front and rear, G2 Dana 60 in the rear, Dana 30 with RCV shafts Upfront 4.88 gearing.
Remember back when GM cars had 2 damn keys to mess with? Door key and ignition key... Those were the days...

Here’s a little thing.

My short little wife can rest her feet on the floorboard while driving the JL. In my JK her right foot had to be off the floor to be on the gas or brake. Huge improvement for little pregnant wifey.
How tall is she? My wife is only 4' 9", her feet barely touch also.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
If I lower the dash lighting at I can’t even see it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If I lower the dash lighting at I can’t even see it.
There are two barrel roll switches, the one on the left needs to be turned all the way up ( this is the one that controls the brightness of the ambient lighting) the one on the right needs to be two clicks down from the dome light being on.