Little things you discovered on your JL

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Forgive this post if it's something everyone is already well aware of. Just discovered the setting to have the gauge cluster screen show the gear it's selected in automatic mode, not just the "D" it normally shows on the default setting. Now it shows "D1" or "D3" or "D7" or whatever, just like it does in manual shift mode where it has always shown "M1" or "M3", etc.

Love that change... I like seeing when and why it picks certain gears.

And man, it's nearly impossible to get the transmission to go into D8 in auto mode unless you're coming down a grade for a while while on the highway. Other than that, it just will almost never select 8, which I guess makes sense given how tall that gear is.
Iā€™ve heard that 8th is not easy to hit, however on my 20 JL 2.0 running 285/70/17ā€™s and stock gears Iā€™m always in 8th at speeds above 65 on the interstate. Wonder why some do, some donā€™t?
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Found a little hack on YouTube to ensure youā€™ll be able to unlock and start the vehicle if you lose your FOB. Modified the hack a little bit, but now I can rest assured Iā€™ll get home.
what is the hack?

Deleted member 59098

what is the hack?
Essentially, you need to stash your spare key FOB somewhere well hidden inside the Jeep with the FOB battery removed. Take the physical flip door key off the FOB and hide that somewhere on the exterior. So when you lose your FOB somewhere deep in the forest or desert, just take the door key you hid, open the door, retrieve your FOB from the inside, put the battery in and youā€™re back on your way. The alarm will go off when you unlock the door, so have the spare FOB and battery ready to go.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Essentially, you need to stash your spare key FOB somewhere well hidden inside the Jeep with the FOB battery removed. Take the physical flip door key off the FOB and hide that somewhere on the exterior. So when you lose your FOB somewhere deep in the forest or desert, just take the door key you hid, open the door, retrieve your FOB from the inside, put the battery in and youā€™re back on your way. The alarm will go off when you unlock the door, so have the spare FOB and battery ready to go.
Just a FYI, the fob will start the Jeep without the battery.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Iā€™ve heard that 8th is not easy to hit, however on my 20 JL 2.0 running 285/70/17ā€™s and stock gears Iā€™m always in 8th at speeds above 65 on the interstate. Wonder why some do, some donā€™t?
I hit 8th gear in the city at speeds above 45 mph with 37s all the time. 5.13 gears help.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Just so you know, a 10mm wrench or socket, you can remove the rear window out of a hard top of the Jeep and get in. Takes about a minute.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I knew the heated seat and steering wheel came on when you remote start and the temp gets around 40Ā° but didn't realize that the passenger heat does not come. Now my wife wants to drive all the time.
She's been driving all along, maybe you just didn't notice.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know, a 10mm wrench or socket, you can remove the rear window out of a hard top of the Jeep and get in. Takes about a minute.
Also, with a spring loaded center punch you can remove every window out of a Jeep and the hardtop. Takes about 1 second. šŸ˜‚

Sorry, just a little humor to ā€œbreak intoā€œ 2021.

There is a LOT of great info here, keep it going!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lol, does the occupation, " Retired from Corrections " have anything to do with this tip ??
No, a criminal would just break the window. What corrections did teach me is that nothing is indestructible or secure. Did you know for instance that if you tie a big knot in a bed sheet and soak the knot in the toilet then beat the knot against a concrete cell wall for 20 hours a day for a month, the concrete wall will crumble and fall apart. Thats why I always giggle when I see someone spend a couple hundred on a center console safe.

Last edited: