se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Key fob holder in cup holder.
I like this, too. But I use mine to hold my phone. Just so happens that my Samsung Note 8 fits perfectly in that slot and stands up nicely and out of the way of my Yeti! :like:
Sponsored

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Turning on the rear view camera while moving forward... I just thought that was a pretty cool feature.
Key fob holder in cup holder.
Yeah, just where I want to put it, next to a big drink that could spill and damage the electric key...

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
the Themes in the settings area of the 8.4 screen. My current fave is "Jeep 7" which has an eagle in the backgrtound and blue highlights...

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Yeah, just where I want to put it, next to a big drink that could spill and damage the electric key...
Yes, the entire interior of the Jeep has been weather tested, but the key fob in the cup holder could be catastrophic! :facepalm:

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
the Themes in the settings area of the 8.4 screen. My current fave is "Jeep 7" which has an eagle in the backgrtound and blue highlights...
Could yā€™all post pictures of the different themes please? Thatā€™s the one thing I keep seeing mentioned but havenā€™t seen.

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could go for a swim with that key and it'd be fine... this isnā€™t a new concept.
BS, I'd love to see someone here dunk their fob in water. The push button start and giant key fob are stupid, and people are already have problems with them. Definitely a disadvantage compared to a mechanical key.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
BS, I'd love to see someone here dunk their fob in water. The push button start and giant key fob are stupid, and people are already have problems with them. Definitely a disadvantage compared to a mechanical key.
I've washed my JK key with the remote for locks and starter and it worked without issues. Even after going through the dryer. I imagine the JL fob is the same-ish.

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
You could go for a swim with that key and it'd be fine... this isnā€™t a new concept.
I checked with Jeep Customer Care... the fob isn't waterproof, but the electronics are sealed and it is splash proof and has been tested as withstanding spills from the cupholder...

Sponsored

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've washed my JK key with the remote for locks and starter and it worked without issues. Even after going through the dryer. I imagine the JL fob is the same-ish.
Nope it isn't. With a mechanical key, you'll always be able to start the jeep even with the buttons broken on the rest of the fob.

There is no reason I can see why I would desire an electrical keyless fob over that.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Whoa...this sounds a bit old fashioned. Push button start has been around for years, now, and it's a marvelous concept. I don't think it's stupid at all and is much more advantageous than a standard key. Guess I'm in the complete opposite side of this as you.

Ya know, way back in the day, people said power windows were stupid and just another thing to break down....

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa...this sounds a bit old fashioned. Push button start has been around for years, now, and it's a marvelous concept. I don't think it's stupid at all and is much more advantageous than a standard key. Guess I'm in the complete opposite side of this as you.

Ya know, way back in the day, people said power windows were stupid and just another thing to break down....
I am all for technology, but not at the expense of reliability. Anything that compromises the reliability or security of my vehicle, I am not in favor of.

The keyless electronic FOB compromises on reliability and security, so I am not sure why people here stroke it so much?

No one has been able to logically with empirical evidence explain to me why I would desire a keyless electronic FOB over a mechanical key. They just say things like "It's cool".

Well something being "cool" or "different" isn't a persuading factor to me. Having my key break because it gets wet and strands me with my vehicle is!

Having someone push the start button against my will because the key is in proximity is!

Having to find a place to store the stupidly large bulky key fob (and associated attached house / work keys) instead of just hanging in the ignition is.

Again, why should I desire a electronic non durable keyless fob and a push button start?
Sponsored