Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I like this design but since I will be rotating my spare the camera/ tailight is a deal breaker for me. If I could unplug it without taking apart my jeeps interior and fishing wires every 5000 miles I would go for it. Is there a aftermarket solution for putting a QD plug for the camera?
You do not have to disassemble the tailgate to remove the spare tire. That is how they wired their particular setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yes, I am waiting for a tire carrier that fit my needs. My bumper already puts my plate above my bumper and the plate holder can not be removed. On top of that alot of guys paid alot of money for their wheels. I don't want my pretty wheels to be covered. If It wasn't for this I would of ordered this tire carrier already. =(
The factory camera can be modified to work with the carrier. We will work on a video to show everyone soon.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Too bad that @Motobilt is one of those companies obsessed with placing large conspicuous laser cut logos on all of their products. Deal killer...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I like this design but since I will be rotating my spare the camera/ tailight is a deal breaker for me. If I could unplug it without taking apart my jeeps interior and fishing wires every 5000 miles I would go for it. Is there a aftermarket solution for putting a QD plug for the camera?
Here you can see the camera plug that is a simple push clip. Also here is a pic of the LED tag light kit with a weather pack connector to easily detach.

IMG_1882.JPG

ld-pl6.png

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Too bad that @Motobilt is one of those companies obsessed with placing large conspicuous laser cut logos on all of their products. Deal killer...
Agreed...If it weren't for all the huge logos, I might have been interested in their product. On the other hand, since they ship them unpainted, it wouldn't be that big of deal to fabricate and weld some kind of plate over it, or fill it in somehow. After all, that's why they don't paint it - so we can finish it how we want.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
The factory camera can be modified to work with the carrier. We will work on a video to show everyone soon.
Would like to see this video as I was planing on trying this myself.

After the long wait, I am about to place an order for this carrier today.

@Motobilt it says in the description that the tailgate catch must be removed. Is that just for the install of the carrier or is that a permanent need for this carrier to work?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Would like to see this video as I was planing on trying this myself.

After the long wait, I am about to place an order for this carrier today.

@Motobilt it says in the description that the tailgate catch must be removed. Is that just for the install of the carrier or is that a permanent need for this carrier to work?
It's no longer needed as the tailgate has a stop and the catch would prevent it from opening all the way. It will interfere if it is left on.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered, now I can’t wait to finally get this

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Awesome thank you for the order!

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Motobilt QUOTE="Motobilt, post: 590721, member: 19148"]It's no longer needed as the tailgate has a stop and the catch would prevent it from opening all the way. It will interfere if it is left on.[/QUOTE]

Hello looking forward to the install ordered as of last week. Could you explain the stop vs catch, I'm new in these parts of the world.

From the install video is that the catch or the stop?

upload_2019-3-13_8-53-25.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.