Sponsored

Lite brite teases................(photo of tease included)

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
a bronco, not what they usually tease 😛. Best part, during a staged looking flex photo, there's a conveniently located rock under the rear tire so the bronco doesn't hang a tire in the air. 🤔
9571C7A6-0B57-4DCE-8FDA-0E35443F53B5.png
Articulation (Flex) is not only about all 4 wheels being on the ground, it is also about the body being as level as possible when the suspension articulates.

In this picture, not only is the strategically placed rock under the right rear wheel a give away but also the body roll of the Bronco. For that little flex the body is in a peculiar pitch and roll angle.

Nah, one cannot take the Youtube know-it-all channels seriously. These "influencers" provide us with entertainment and definitely not technical or subject matter expert knowledge.

Last edited:

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
That us Jeep guys are nervous about the Bronco will be good for Jeep. They've gotten complacent and overpriced. Bronco seems to have a pricing advantage across the board vs a comparable Wrangler, and for the huge percentage of buyers for whom the JL's flex advantage is immaterial the battle will come down to day to day driveability, "fun features" and pricing. For example, due to the Sasquatch package on Bronco nice to see Jeep finally got off their @$$es and made the Rubi package available on all trims. More to come. As we used to say in the car biz, "Competition works!"

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
What/who is a Lite Brite?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
For example, due to the Sasquatch package on Bronco nice to see Jeep finally got off their @$$es and made the Rubi package available on all trims. More to come.
You know something? :)

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think that the more vehicles in the showrooms that are somewhat seriously off-road capable, the better it is for the sport and off-road community. I look forward to the day when I see Wranglers, Broncos, Toyotas and Chevy's that are showroom-stock or lightly modified doing hard trails with me.

Only three years ago, the most capable factory Jeep came with 32" tires. Now it is 35". That is competition. (because of the Bronco's 35")

Only a few months ago, the most power Wrangler had only 285HP. Now it is over 450HP. That is competition. (because of the Broncos 330HP)

Up until now, the most gear you could get on a Wrangler was 4.10, now it will be 4.88. That is competition (because of the Bronco's 4.7).

If a single vehicle introduction can get Jeep to react so promptly with all these improvements, I want more, more, more. Bring on the Bronco Warthog, so Jeep will offer 37s from the factory, for example.

Come one Chevy and Toyota - bring on your competition. It will only make Wranglers even better.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I'm rooting for the new Bronco to be a success which it mostly seems like it is already based on reservations/sales/reviews. It's better for Jeep to have real competition so that they aren't so stagnant with their designs and their increased pricing with no rivals to offer incentives. Seems like the Jeep guys love to bash it without even seeing one in person or driving one.
The evolution from YJ, TJ, JK, to JL is hardly stagnant.

On the other side of the coin, people love to praise the Bronco over Jeep without even seeing one in person.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
That us Jeep guys are nervous about the Bronco will be good for Jeep. They've gotten complacent and overpriced. Bronco seems to have a pricing advantage across the board vs a comparable Wrangler, and for the huge percentage of buyers for whom the JL's flex advantage is immaterial the battle will come down to day to day driveability, "fun features" and pricing. For example, due to the Sasquatch package on Bronco nice to see Jeep finally got off their @$$es and made the Rubi package available on all trims. More to come. As we used to say in the car biz, "Competition works!"
Imagine going to buy a Sport model and adding the Rubicon package to it. LOL!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of that on her Insta
There was a YT channel called "Mr. and Mrs. Overlander" I think, they uploaded one Jeep video one day, and uploaded another full-scale Brazilian wax video another day, and they are next to each other.

I think they deleted the Brazilian wax video, but man is that a treat.
Sponsored