Sponsored

Lite brite teases................(photo of tease included)

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I'll admit it - one pulled up next to me at a traffic light yesterday with the top down, and it looked really sharp. The two hotties driving it were easy on the eyes as well. Bronco may not be the superior off-roader, but it definitely made me look.
While fishing today we saw what looked like a launch edition. Color was pretty awesome. Looks like it has the 35’s on it. Soft top. Actually looked somewhat tight in person. The flares. My god the flares. They are just so landscape trim like. I think if you removed them the truck would look pretty good. I liked the color though. I really did. Saw a convertible g wagon also. Older it seemed. I didn’t know there was a convertible. Also saw a kick ass oj bronco that was in perfect perfect shape. That was awesome also a very well taken care of old defender. It’s a pissing contest at this lake. At least I got to see some nice trucks today.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
It's a trek top by bestop. It looks much better than oem.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lite brite teases................(photo of tease included) Screenshot_20210801-113736_Chrome
Probably better quality too. I’m on B6G and a few users are reporting alarming soft top issues. Some are wearing through it and they’ve only had it a month...

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Spoiler Alert! That Bronco in the OP's post was on the Rubicon Trail this weekend....see below for some up close photos I took of it. To further spoil this, the said Bronco came in through the Lake Tahoe entrance and back out the Lake Tahoe entrance......so it didn't do the complete trail from what I saw. With that being said, Cadillac Hill is no joke, but it isn't the hardest part of the trail either.

Yes, Lite Brite was on the Rubicon this last weekend as part of the Jeepers Jeep Jamboree.

As for the Bronco, it does have a custom suspension, bumpers, and sliders. Nothing was done to address to front strut nuts on the bottom of the lower A arm though. The interior wasn't bad, the engine looked like a nightmare, and there was parts of the body which didn't look "finished": unpainted door hinges which were obvious with the doors off, poor fitment of the front fascia around the fenders/grille, etc. Plus with the doors off, those hinges look like garbage. I did like the door electronics plug receptacle in the door jambs, but the cover did not appear to be water or even dust proof.

Now for the photos:

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Spoiler Alert! That Bronco in the OP's post was on the Rubicon Trail this weekend....see below for some up close photos I took of it. To further spoil this, the said Bronco came in through the Lake Tahoe entrance and back out the Lake Tahoe entrance......so it didn't do the complete trail from what I saw. With that being said, Cadillac Hill is no joke, but it isn't the hardest part of the trail either.

Yes, Lite Brite was on the Rubicon this last weekend as part of the Jeepers Jeep Jamboree.

As for the Bronco, it does have a custom suspension, bumpers, and sliders. Nothing was done to address to front strut nuts on the bottom of the lower A arm though. The interior wasn't bad, the engine looked like a nightmare, and there was parts of the body which didn't look "finished": unpainted door hinges which were obvious with the doors off, poor fitment of the front fascia around the fenders/grille, etc. Plus with the doors off, those hinges look like garbage. I did like the door electronics plug receptacle in the door jambs, but the cover did not appear to be water or even dust proof.

Now for the photos:

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg
This is the Fun Haver Bronco. They were given a head start in parts development by Ford as they are heavily involved in the Ford Off Road racing efforts. They have a bunch of current Ranger off-road bits available.

They had a baby blue Bronco prior so wonder if this is a production model.

The baby blue Bronco was in earlier LB videos as well.

Ps: Before we judge those door hinges we need to see the door mating side. It looks like they could be a pin/conical bearing type setup which would make re-install a snap without needing hinge pins and such.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Soft top windows look unusually good for a Bronco. I wonder if it’s an aftermarket top... or maybe flexing out on a trail tightens it up.
Maybe the top hit the bump stops :)

Deleted member 59098

Now for the photos:

Jeep Wrangler JL Lite brite teases................(photo of tease included) IMG_1048

Jeep Wrangler JL Lite brite teases................(photo of tease included) IMG_1048

I was there too. There was a classic Bronco parked next to it. I was impressed with how the new model took so many design cues from the old. Otherwise, having owned 3 Jeeps I don’t really see a need to make a switch now.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Honestly my only gripe with the bronco is that ford is marketing it as a jeep killer offroad. The flex limitations due to the IFS will never allow it to be anywhere close to as good as a built wrangler. Ford really needs to market the streghts of the bronco instead. It will he better on fast desert running trails, likely highway cruising (I personally like the jlu on the highway), and probably more comfortable as a overland rig. The moment though you challenge a jeep, especially built, in the rocks you're going to lose. I appreciate ford making the bronco though because without it we wouldn't have a v8 or factory 35s. I only hope jeep one day will offer factory dana 60s.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
omg that little rock on the rear tire. So cheesy. So lite brite.

I am still gonna watch this though. I mean I enjoy watching cirque du solei sometimes.

I enjoyed their first videos on the JL. they were very honest about it and showed its limits. I hope they trash the Bronco too.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Seriously?
You clicked on it, maybe read it, IDK, and then commented on it. I think you could care less.
Couldn't care less about their channel. I am more interested in the community's comments and takes then them. Jeep on!

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I'm rooting for the new Bronco to be a success which it mostly seems like it is already based on reservations/sales/reviews. It's better for Jeep to have real competition so that they aren't so stagnant with their designs and their increased pricing with no rivals to offer incentives. Seems like the Jeep guys love to bash it without even seeing one in person or driving one.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top windows look unusually good for a Bronco. I wonder if it’s an aftermarket top... or maybe flexing out on a trail tightens it up.

I saw a Bronco Sport this weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN with a soft top. Didn't realize the Sport came with one.