Not open for further replies.

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
Seems like some hate out there for two people who provide free content and are blessed enough to live a life they enjoy. I’m turning 50 this month and got my first ever Jeep because I couldn’t believe how much fun those two were having just from owning a Jeep.

At one point I had a fairly large IG account for my competition shooting….had sponsors and even received free stuff. It was fun at first until I realized how much work was involved just to maintain content. I deleted all my social media and started all over because as crazy as it sounds, it was too much work and took away from me actually enjoying my hobby.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Oh dear, I did something extreme and broke something. Yawn, boring, move on! From the looks of it, ANY and ALL brands would have bent and or broke in that situation. FACT, you do extreme rock crawling you WILL break shit.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Oh dear, I did something extreme and broke something. Yawn, boring, move on! From the looks of it, ANY and ALL brands would have bent and or broke in that situation. FACT, you do extreme rock crawling you WILL break shit.
No one was complaining about it. It's literally their job to record and post content. Them breaking their jeep is content.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Seems like some hate out there for two people who provide free content and are blessed enough to live a life they enjoy. I’m turning 50 this month and got my first ever Jeep because I couldn’t believe how much fun those two were having just from owning a Jeep.

At one point I had a fairly large IG account for my competition shooting….had sponsors and even received free stuff. It was fun at first until I realized how much work was involved just to maintain content. I deleted all my social media and started all over because as crazy as it sounds, it was too much work and took away from me actually enjoying my hobby.

Well said. Thanks

Sponsored

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
First off, all you people who think that we broke anything on purpose while on a trail in the middle of nowhere with a group who paid to be there with us are all 100% completely WRONG. we have NEVER broken anything on purpose. Yes we do hard things and push the limits. You really honestly believe companies would want to work with us and send us parts if we just went out and destroyed their product just for views? Y’all are beyond silly. Our reputation would be terrible and nobody would work with us so please get your head out your bum and quit it with the bull crap. You can be a hater all you want but at least think right and come correct here. Second off, our old tie rod was still fine after 2.5 years and dozens up to hundreds of times being smashed by rocks. I did this same trail and that same line exactly a year ago with no issue and it’s on video. RPM took the parts back and are having the inspected. I have gone back to my 2.5 year old used and abused Dynatrac rod.
I’m hoping this was a perfect storm of bad TRE with bad ram angle and just the right scenario of pressure. I wasn’t bound up at all and you can see me rolling smoothly in the video. NONE of this was on PURPOSE, y’all are mad to think so and I can’t believe so many of y’all have that kind of thought about us. We bust our ass to constantly bring the community content for FREE and test new parts and come up with new things to help out the jeep community.

like here’s something I came up with for tazer over a year and a half ago that’s going live soon. TRAIL TURN ASSIST like in the ford bronco. It will lock up the left or right rear tire at full lock so you have a factory cutting brake!!! Activated by a button on the steering wheel. I gave him that idea before the bronco ever said they had one but y’all making us out like we’re bad people.

anyway, happy new year to everyone, even the haters. I hope your year is wonderful and prosperous

Don't worry about what people say on the internet. You guys have made a great living doing something that you love and are good at. Sure, you put out some videos that are not applicable to me, but there are a whole lot more people than just me out there. I saw and talked to you both briefly at Windrock Park in TN - both of you were very polite and easy to talk to.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

wfo9

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Truggy, Tube Buggy on 43s, 4Runner, JLU XR
Some of the comments in this thread are a bit funny.. So many bad assumptions and jealousy out there. Anyone on youtube is stepping into firing zone obviously.. Just the way it is.. but it's not a good thing for people to hate for no real reason other than just being extremely cynical.

I do understand being apprehensive with social media "influencers" one day they are pimping brand X and the next day they are pimping brand Y.. They don't seem genuine at all when it comes to product recommendations, but it is what it is. Things must evolve and influencers have to keep trying new things and creating new content via mfg relationships etc. Kevin and Britney are genuinely nice smart and fun people, I just happen to have known them from before they hit Youtube.. In fact, I think I met them on one of their first times off-roading. They were pretty much the same back then, just had way cheaper and fewer toys and no jeep. If you think they just fell into it via luck... it's not that way.. It takes some actual knowledge, brains, talent and and guts, and they have it.. plus they are young and free (for now anyway LOL). I remember how Kevin seemed to hate the camera at first just like all of us probably would. But you adapt if it provides a path to a passion for you.

As far as the TRE breaking.. To think it was on purpose is really nonsense.. No sane person would ruin their day (and night) on purpose for a few more clicks (but yes there are goofballs on youtube who take that path). In the case of LightBright they don't need to go there. They are attempting to show what really happened for informational and entertainment purposes..

Now IMHO.. it was mostly an installation/compatibility issue. Parts are not always compatible and the combination of the RAM mount on the axle and the tie rod mount, put things under non optimal forces This most likely caused the aluminum tie rod (which has way different behavior than steel) to bow and put some awkward pressure on the TREs. You can see the wheels both very toed in in the video just before the break (that was caused by the RAM pressure pushing out from the non optimal installed angle IMHO). . Probably a combination of things, but I'm sure from direct experience that hydro assist always has problems when the pushing and pulling force is not lined up as it should be on a near perfect plane with the normal steering force. Nobody to blame. just how we all learn and find the limits of equipment. It could have still been a weak TRE as well, but things were clearly not 100% in optimal orientation.

If your not trying new things and making a few mistakes along the way.. you are probably not moving forward on much. That is OK, but don't judge people who are. Some like to sit back others like to push.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I just bought this kit for my rig. Makes the tie rod look like pot metal.

i wouldnt go making a habbit out of using these two clowns as a “go by” for decisions you make…. that's just me.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What's up with the satanic symbols everybody using lately 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙

I mean, it's almost getting silly loll

Not picking on anybody specific, just sayin' everybody and everybody's grandmother seems to be doing it now n days.
posts like these make me wonder you’ve never traveled out of the bible belt of southern continental usa. go to parts of the pacific islands or africa and the shaka is a super common gesture of friendship.

goodness bro. Get some miles on the soles of your boots before you go judging the content of people’s souls, brah

Sponsored

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
posts like these make me wonder you’ve never traveled out of the bible belt of southern continental usa. go to parts of the pacific islands or africa and the shaka is a super common gesture of friendship.

goodness bro. Get some miles on the soles of your boots before you go judging the content of people’s souls, brah
Extra funny is that I think he's confusing the sign of the horns with the shaka.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

To be fair I've lived in 8 states and visited 4 foreign countries. I had to look it up too.

Just because someone doesn't know your culture doesn't necessarily mean they haven't experienced other cultures.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things that the critics of this specific LB video seem to be missing, is when one watches the video, look how much joy and fun the people they took on this run are having. Even when Kevin broke their jeep, they still looked like they made sure everybody else was well taken care of.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
For all intents and purposes, there isn't one person who has mentioned meeting them and said anything about egos.
I deleted the comment, because it was rude and just makes me look like the jealous failure I am.

Well then, moving on.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Ok - gotta ask a key question nobody has seemed to have answered…

Has anyone here ever actually met the Lite Bright couple in person?

I’m sure some must have with as much Jeep traveling as they do, right?
Yep, met them last year at a drift event in Houston. I told them I would love to do a ride along but had my 5 year old son that I wouldn't leave by himself. Britney offered to watch him while Kevin took me for a few laps around the track. Maybe they put on a show for fans, but they were extremely nice and even provided free babysitting 😆.

Also they were supposed to charge for ride alongs....I rode for free.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.