First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
First off, all you people who think that we broke anything on purpose while on a trail in the middle of nowhere with a group who paid to be there with us are all 100% completely WRONG. we have NEVER broken anything on purpose. Yes we do hard things and push the limits. You really honestly believe companies would want to work with us and send us parts if we just went out and destroyed their product just for views? Y’all are beyond silly. Our reputation would be terrible and nobody would work with us so please get your head out your bum and quit it with the bull crap. You can be a hater all you want but at least think right and come correct here. Second off, our old tie rod was still fine after 2.5 years and dozens up to hundreds of times being smashed by rocks. I did this same trail and that same line exactly a year ago with no issue and it’s on video. RPM took the parts back and are having the inspected. I have gone back to my 2.5 year old used and abused Dynatrac rod.
I’m hoping this was a perfect storm of bad TRE with bad ram angle and just the right scenario of pressure. I wasn’t bound up at all and you can see me rolling smoothly in the video. NONE of this was on PURPOSE, y’all are mad to think so and I can’t believe so many of y’all have that kind of thought about us. We bust our ass to constantly bring the community content for FREE and test new parts and come up with new things to help out the jeep community.

like here’s something I came up with for tazer over a year and a half ago that’s going live soon. TRAIL TURN ASSIST like in the ford bronco. It will lock up the left or right rear tire at full lock so you have a factory cutting brake!!! Activated by a button on the steering wheel. I gave him that idea before the bronco ever said they had one but y’all making us out like we’re bad people.

anyway, happy new year to everyone, even the haters. I hope your year is wonderful and prosperous
Kevin86; just consider the source of the comments and keep doing what you are doing. There are some of us that enjoy watching and learning from what you and your lady do. Sometimes it's amazing and funny at the same time. The best of the new year to you and yours, but watch out for the two door Bronco in the coming year. Remember rude negative people are usually just jealous.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
we answered this when it all kinda blew up. It’s somewhere. Lol
There were only a few people upset. The biggest problem we found was there were 2 different jeep groups who I found out later don’t really get along and one guy in particular was upset f55 showed up 5 min late to the meetup. We had the locals pick the easiest trail in the area so everyone could go. Then a couple of people started getting upset over some very light pin striping from overgrown brush on the trail so like 8 people got out chain saws and cutters to start cutting the brush back. These same people were the ones mad at f55 being 5 min late to the meetup which is silly thing to be mad at so early in the morning. Nobody was in a rush. Lol
Now I wasn’t a lead. We were invited to this and following the leading which was the orange JT. We had a lead and mid gunner with radio and tail gunner with radio. There honestly was just a few bad apples who just showed up with a bad attitude for some reason. At one point the JT decided to open her up in the back country and I followed suit. We still had radio contact with the others. At this point a few also opened it up and a few other took it upon themselves to take it personally like we were trying to ditch them which is silly and not the case. We were just having some fun in wide open back country. After it all settled that when I found out about local club drama and how the 2 big clubs don’t get along and whatnot. I guess lesson learned.
Sounds like the slow pokes got some dirt in their manginas ;)

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
I thought I remember reading somewhere that RPM uses Rusty’s TRE’s in their kit… is that right? If so, I would be interested in hearing their take on this.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I thought I remember reading somewhere that RPM uses Rusty’s TRE’s in their kit… is that right? If so, I would be interested in hearing their take on this.
I have their 2" kit here and the ends are from Apex Chassis.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
RPM switched to Apex awhile ago.

The Rusty's are not anti-droop and need a collar to keep them from drooping which eliminated the TRE boot.

Sponsored

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
The tre is interesting, but did cousin Rick ever get to his cabin in Big Bear via Rattlesnake? Seems like a season finale cliffhanger.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Well said.

My interaction today has altered my viewpoint greatly.
I replied to your fb post, but have now read what you were referring to here. They are great people and his description here about mirrors mine that I posted. My jeep is modified but not anything crazy and I kept up with lite brite and said orange jt just fine.

D812AB99-B96C-4DCF-BA8A-576DEC0F68F8.jpeg

13383B2C-4D40-4BC9-9DBB-EB13B040264B.jpeg

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

It's easy to be a critic and several of these critics are probably just upset that they don't get to do all the same cool stuff.

I've met Kevin & Brittany and they were great but my favorite cast member is Jelly.
Always the best when Jelly makes a cameo appearance!

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
What's up with the satanic symbols everybody using lately 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙

I mean, it's almost getting silly loll

Not picking on anybody specific, just sayin' everybody and everybody's grandmother seems to be doing it now n days.

Sponsored

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
For as much as folks have knocked the LIte Brite YouTube couple in posts on this and other forums, I commend you for taking the high road here in your post.

They apparently did live “homeless” on the road for years while making their videos, only finally getting an actual house of their own in the last year. Say what you want about “monetizing online content”… That still takes a lot of balls, time investment, planning, hard work, and commitment to what is basically a freelance line of work - and in the long run, they have produced content that has benefitted the Jeep community, even if some of their videos are more entertaining than technical. Kudos to them for sticking to their guns and doing what they love - and doing it together as a married couple!

And to your point, sure, I too would enjoy meeting them in person at a Jeep event and cracking open some beers! Not sure how often they get up to the New England area, but I’m sure they’d have some pretty cool stories to share that go way beyond anything in their videos! 👍
Like a lot of people making YouTube content, they are trying to be entertaining, and they are. Whether you think they are dumb, stupid or adventurous, it’s entertaining.

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off, all you people who think that we broke anything on purpose while on a trail in the middle of nowhere with a group who paid to be there with us are all 100% completely WRONG. we have NEVER broken anything on purpose. Yes we do hard things and push the limits. You really honestly believe companies would want to work with us and send us parts if we just went out and destroyed their product just for views? Y’all are beyond silly. Our reputation would be terrible and nobody would work with us so please get your head out your bum and quit it with the bull crap. You can be a hater all you want but at least think right and come correct here. Second off, our old tie rod was still fine after 2.5 years and dozens up to hundreds of times being smashed by rocks. I did this same trail and that same line exactly a year ago with no issue and it’s on video. RPM took the parts back and are having the inspected. I have gone back to my 2.5 year old used and abused Dynatrac rod.
I’m hoping this was a perfect storm of bad TRE with bad ram angle and just the right scenario of pressure. I wasn’t bound up at all and you can see me rolling smoothly in the video. NONE of this was on PURPOSE, y’all are mad to think so and I can’t believe so many of y’all have that kind of thought about us. We bust our ass to constantly bring the community content for FREE and test new parts and come up with new things to help out the jeep community.

like here’s something I came up with for tazer over a year and a half ago that’s going live soon. TRAIL TURN ASSIST like in the ford bronco. It will lock up the left or right rear tire at full lock so you have a factory cutting brake!!! Activated by a button on the steering wheel. I gave him that idea before the bronco ever said they had one but y’all making us out like we’re bad people.

anyway, happy new year to everyone, even the haters. I hope your year is wonderful and prosperous
Happy New Year Kevin. Hope you and Brittney continue to build your brand and provide the entertainment that 99% enjoy.

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.If you don't like their content, then move along.
This is the thing, there is an awful lot of Jeep YouTube channels. No idea why people take the time to bash one or another. For me, I enjoy their content because they do things I would never do. Like watching elite sport. I’d love to play golf at Augusta or ride in MotoGP, but it’s not going to happen. So I watch others!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
@Kevin8086 You were the first YTers I saw who really put the JL to work on the trail. I remember seeing Step Child in the service lot at Faricy way back in the day. Keep up the good work.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I ignore Lite Brite on the principal that I have better uses for my time than reinforcing the ego of chick who already gets waaaaay too much attention without my help.
Tell me you dont know what a social media influencer is without telling me you don't know what a social media influencer is.

For all intents and purposes, there isn't one person who has mentioned meeting them and said anything about egos. They all say they're down to earth people with a genuine interest to help others. Being flamboyant or boisterous for a YouTube channel doesn't make them ego maniacs. It's a persona.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.