Sponsored

List of SiriusXM Guardian Plans and Prices

sirnumbskull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but I spent some time on the phone with SiriusXM today to suss out the cost of the remote services plans that they offer for those of us with the UConnect 4C (8.4 inch touchscreen via the Electronic Infotainment Package), such as cellular remote start, lock and unlock, and location services. Kind of a shady move for them to not have them on their website, IMO. I believe you get a year's worth of the Convenience and Security Package included with your vehicle, so pricing is for when that year is up.

Assistance Package ($130 for the first year, $155 for following years, $13 monthly)
  • Emergency (SOS button)
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Vehicle Health
  • Theft Notification
Convenience Package ($200 for the first year, $240 for following years, $20 monthly)
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Remote Start
  • Vehicle Finder
  • Send and Go (For sending navigation from your phone)
  • Flash Lights/Honk Horn
Convenience and Security Package ($250 for the first year, $300 for following years, $25 monthly)
  • Everything in the above two packages combined
  • Stolen Vehicle Assistance (GPS tracking?)
He suggested that sometimes customers could sometimes get the first year pricing with a little negotiation on their subsequent renewals.
Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
Mopar has had this with their vehicles for a few years now - I had "UConnect" through Mopar; integrated with everything listed above including an app for the phone, and some additional apps on the radio (find best gas prices, some other things)

it was a "here's a full package for 1 year, then limited features for 3 years" thing that when it expired, I didn't miss it.

My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that the "convenience package" and above will be very limited use to the average user. The app-start had a 5-10 second delay (not counting the time of getting your phone, opening the app, letting it sync, and then sending the remote-start command). In that amount of time I can get up off my butt, grab my key fob, walk over to the window, and push the remote-start button twice. I mean to be fair - I would bet you could pay your kid to start your vehicle as often as you want him to for $20 a month.

I'd recommend before buying into any of the packages - track during the initial "freebie" year how often you actually use the features. Like I said some may - but for me, the biggest attraction was remote-start; and my Garmin watch says I need the steps anyway.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Don't plan on signing up for the free 1 year guardian service ... because they were not ~100% transparent on what the following years charges would be nor how we could opt out of the program after one year. Thx for posting info.

Last edited:

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Don't plan on signing up for the free 1 year guardian service ... because they were not ~100% transparent on what the following years charges would be nor how we could opt out of the program after one year. Thk for posting info.
You only supply an email address and home address. No credit card.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Don't plan on signing up for the free 1 year guardian service ... because they were not ~100% transparent on what the following years charges would be nor how we could opt out of the program after one year. Thk for posting info.
I registered for the free year however they were trying to get a credit card from me and I denied that. So when the year is up I’m done, I have remote start so I don’t need anything else it’s just another bill

Sponsored

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Been on the phone for 5 days now trying to get my app to work. Can’t even log in, won’t take my user name and password. They’re telling me now it’s a site issue. Very frustrated...

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been on the phone for 5 days now trying to get my app to work. Can’t even log in, won’t take my user name and password. They’re telling me now it’s a site issue. Very frustrated...
This weird, I just did mine 2 days ago and there was no problem whatsoever

phantomog73

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mojito Moab
Mopar has had this with their vehicles for a few years now - I had "UConnect" through Mopar; integrated with everything listed above including an app for the phone, and some additional apps on the radio (find best gas prices, some other things)

it was a "here's a full package for 1 year, then limited features for 3 years" thing that when it expired, I didn't miss it.

My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that the "convenience package" and above will be very limited use to the average user. The app-start had a 5-10 second delay (not counting the time of getting your phone, opening the app, letting it sync, and then sending the remote-start command). In that amount of time I can get up off my butt, grab my key fob, walk over to the window, and push the remote-start button twice. I mean to be fair - I would bet you could pay your kid to start your vehicle as often as you want him to for $20 a month.

I'd recommend before buying into any of the packages - track during the initial "freebie" year how often you actually use the features. Like I said some may - but for me, the biggest attraction was remote-start; and my Garmin watch says I need the steps anyway.
If it is anything like I have on my truck, when I purchase my new Rubicon, it will be a great investment. I use the remote start from phone almost daily. Yes, getting off my butt and using key fob at home is great. However, being able to start it from anywhere via phone is awesome on extremely hot or cold days. Especially if you are say in a mall or something similar. Dial in start it up and it is cool or heated by the time you get there. Rather than walking all the way to the front door or close enough to use fob, then waiting 10 more minutes or so before it is cooled/heated.

Security in knowing where my vehicle is at all times since I travel for work is nice too. I can keep track of it if I feel the need.

There is a real use from me with it and glad to see Jeep is offering similar product. I pay about 18 per month so price is similar too. I definitely feel it is worth the little cost for the security and convenience it offers.

rjgonza

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
System Engineer
I was thinking about it, I only really used the remote start during the winter. I also like to avoid paying those prices because I think the app is pretty bad. I just got an offer from them to get if for $60 for 6 months. Anyone know of any options to run the services yourself or from home so that you don't need to pay them?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yeah you can ask for diiferent packages I don’t listen to Howard stern or sports on the radio so got rid of that I kept telling customer service their price was too high they kept lowering it ended up at 6 months for 30 they’ll get you with late fees

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you can ask for diiferent packages I don’t listen to Howard stern or sports on the radio so got rid of that I kept telling customer service their price was too high they kept lowering it ended up at 6 months for 30 they’ll get you with late fees
Hey I don’t know where you guys are good out here in California if you wait long enough they’ll send you a deal for $4.99 for a year.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey I don’t know where you guys are good out here in California if you wait long enough they’ll send you a deal for $4.99 for a year.
Correction, (Siri writes down stuff I don’t say) It’s $4.99 a month for one year.

rjgonza

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Correction, (Siri writes down stuff I don’t say) It’s $4.99 a month for one year.
Nice, then I would say it's worth it. Guess I'll hold out a little longer. I would really like to just run a piece of software at home that would allow me to remote start from anywhere and not use theirs.

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
Do they have a package that combines the Uconnect services along with Sirius/xm radio?

rjgonza

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Do they have a package that combines the Uconnect services along with Sirius/xm radio?
I thought they were packaged. What Uconnect services are you looking for?
Sponsored