OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I found a press release from Black Rhino in 2010 which said all wheels are either hub centric or come with rings.

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/ex...els/truck-rims-press/truck-rims-12-3-2010.php

Does anyone know if this is still true?

Edit: Just to follow up on my own question. I did notice that many of their wheels (Sidewinder and Glamis in particular) do list being hub centric or including rings in their description. This is not 100% of the case. Not sure if this means some are not hub centric or some simply do not have it listed.
On their website it doesn't list any hub bore sizes, I did list the Armory model since that was verified as hubcentric. As far as wheels coming w/ hubcentric rings, might make them closer, but for the purpose of this thread only wheels that are truly hubcentric (with no adapters needed) will be listed.
If you can verify other Black Rhinos that have the JL bore I'll be happy to add them to the Armorys :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks, I'll add them :)
Nice look too!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Edge wheels are hub centric, and light. theyre rotary forged and made by Forgestar. just picked up a set this weekend directly from the manufacturer. going to weigh them today but theyre in the low 20s and you can feel. super nice wheel.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/edge...te-black-wheel-17x9-1790rf5cmatblk125127.html

they also have a beadlock version as well. which i checked out in person. a bit heavier but solid.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/edge...lock-matte-black-and-gunmetal-wheel-17x9.html

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Edge wheels are hub centric, and light. theyre rotary forged and made by Forgestar. just picked up a set this weekend directly from the manufacturer. going to weigh them today but theyre in the low 20s and you can feel. super nice wheel.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/edge...te-black-wheel-17x9-1790rf5cmatblk125127.html

they also have a beadlock version as well. which i checked out in person. a bit heavier but solid.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/edge...lock-matte-black-and-gunmetal-wheel-17x9.html
I can't find any spec on these like backspace or offset, do you know what it is? I really like the beadlock, but no indication if they are dot compliant or not. would love a version with a removable bash guard etc. in place of the beadlock ring.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I can't find any spec on these like backspace or offset, do you know what it is? I really like the beadlock, but no indication if they are dot compliant or not. would love a version with a removable bash guard etc. in place of the beadlock ring.
I just bought a non-beadlock set. My wheels are -12mm. I believe they can custom machine the offset you want but you’d probably have to custom order them directly from Forgestar.

They are DOT compliant. I was chatting with the owner about them as he schooled me on tbe beadlocks. They sell a lot of beadlock drag wheels. Daily driven street cars. I would have grabbed a set if they werent sold out at the manufacturers wharehouse. iirc, he said the ring itself is actually forged from 6061 aluminum

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

here's a link to the company's website for the beadlock version.
https://www.forgestar.com/wheels/edge-rf5c-offroad-wheels-beadlock/

here's a link to the non-beadlock version with some really good pics of the wheels on a JL
https://www.forgestar.com/wheels/edge-rf5c-offroad-wheels-non-beadlock/

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Those are great looking wheels, thanks for the link to the website. However, the pics they show are on a JK. I would love to see them on a JLR for comparison.
doh! i didnt even realize that! lol

im waiting on my 35" Patagonias to arrive from Northridge by the end of the week. i plan to have them installed this weekend and going on a Jeep run on Sunday. ill take some good pics and post up. the ones going on my Jeep are gunmetal but same wheels and specs

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

C7546838-7A10-4354-8E16-71312280FF35.jpeg
93C75B65-8564-465B-A86F-5A66BB716FBF.jpeg
92014BB7-1957-47EC-B4CD-52D74448580B.jpeg
Under 22.5lbs for a 17x9! And hub centric to boot!

This is an extra set i bought and have listed in the markeplace.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Those are sweet! Look forward to seeing the pics on your rig. Thanks.
same here, can't wait to see on a JL.

never heard of these before, but they are now one of my favorite looking wheels. going to try and get more information related to the beadlocks now.

@JLUin818 once you get them mounted and balanced looking forward to some pictures. also, let everyone know the tire choice and how well they balanced. (do they take a lot of weight) such a light wheel may have a harder time making up for a off balance tire. I know nitro and Toyo are normally easy to balance while BFG is a little harder and takes more weight.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

yeah ive never heard of them before last Friday lol. never even noticed them while perusing Extreme Terrains website and wouldnt have known they were made by Forgestar. ive know the people at FS for about 15 years. they make good stuff and know what theyre doing. they said theyre probably going to end up putting Forgestar center caps on them or something else. The Edge name will be changed.

Forgestar was purchased by Weld Racing a couple of years ago. they own CCW, ADV1, Momo, Forgestar and a couple more iirc.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

if you're interested in the non-beadlock version, check out my for sale ad in the marketplace. i only have matte black for sale. they only had one gunmetal set and theyre going on my granite Sport ;)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
if you're interested in the non-beadlock version, check out my for sale ad in the marketplace. i only have matte black for sale. they only had one gunmetal set and theyre going on my granite Sport ;)
I am looking at the Beadlock set. I sent forgestar an email earlier to get the specs for them and to see how to order. (hoping for a 0 offset option, but 12 would work if I have to. )
Sponsored