Sponsored

List of 285/70-17 C range tires?

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
Does anyone have a list or suggestion of what’s available in stock (or close to stock) Rubicon size tires in a C load range? I’ve spent hours researching and almost everything is E range. My Excursion needs E range, not my JL. I don't want a rougher ride.

I was looking to get an AT other than the KO2, but that is about the only thing I’ve found in a C. Appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Edit: Here is everything I have found in C range:
BFG AT KO2
Wildpeak AT3
Toyo Open Country AT3
Toyo Open Country CT
GY Duratrac (C range discontinued - prob due to weak sidewall issues)
Nitto Ridge Grappler (just realized this comes in a C range)
Maxxis RAZR AT
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Here's C load rated at tirerack, just a couple more from Goodyear
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...7&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17
FWIW I'd include D-rated in your search if there's a tire you're wanting that's not on the list, even E-rated if you want something like Cooper STT Pro. TBH these JLs w/stock suspension and comfortable seats ride really well even w/ the stiffer tires, at least that's my 2cs :) ) But I'm old school w/ my CJ references lol.

OP
OP
TxJeep69

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback.

Also found the new Maxxis RAZR AT which comes in a C range. Not yet listed on tire rack or discount tire sites yet though.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... My Excursion needs E range, not my JL. I don't want a rougher ride.....
I recently swapped from an E range tire to a C range (Wildpeak). Man what a difference. I never considered the E rough, but the C is noticalby smoother. Definitely a good choice if you don't need the E.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the feedback.

Also found the new Maxxis RAZR AT which comes in a C range. Not yet listed on tire rack or discount tire sites yet though.
I checked them out prior to ordering my New Mickey Thompsons, I like the tread block, looks similar to a Nitto Ridge Grappler, but the 15/32nds tread depth and the higher weight (for that shallow tread) turned me away. Looks promising otherwise though, and 3peak snow rated too!

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
LOL. It's definitely something I look for, but we have snow on the ground for several months every year. Not something I ever considered to be a concern in the south. I guess a good snow rated tire is beneficial even if you only need them a few times a year.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL. It's definitely something I look for, but we have snow on the ground for several months every year. Not something I ever considered to be a con.cern in the south. I guess a good snow rated tire is beneficial even if you only need them a few times a year.
If they have the tread-type you're wanting that is, seems even mud-tires are utilizing more siping and better all-weather compounds these days, so that's a good thing vs. older M/T designs that can be death traps in certain situations

Sponsored

DirtRoad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I got some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3's a couple months ago. They come in C or E range and I got the C's. I think they're about the lightest 285's I found. They haven't hurt my mileage at all that I can tell and they seem ok for light off-roading so far.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What about Toyo OC C/T? Anyone run these? They look like some kind of hybrid. They come in a C range also. I think they’re 3 peak snow rated too.

https://simpletire.com/brands/toyo-...temId=204237&curationSource=none&productPos=9
Never even heard of this tire, looks like it's a better off road tire than the Toyo AT but a bit worse in the wet weather. Since it's 3peak snow rated I'd imagine even in the wet it's still acceptable. Would be interested to see some reviews from anyone that has them here on the site.
Nice find!
https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-ct

OP
OP
TxJeep69

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never even heard of this tire, looks like it's a better off road tire than the Toyo AT but a bit worse in the wet weather. Since it's 3peak snow rated I'd imagine even in the wet it's still acceptable. Would be interested to see some reviews from anyone that has them here on the site.
Nice find!
https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-ct
They were new to me also. Stumbled on to them. Toyo shows these are 63lb and heavier than the E range of the same size (61 Lb). That’s really heavy if accurate.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I got some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3's a couple months ago. ...
I got those on my Sahara with the optional rims. Great tires. Very quiet, smooth ride, and they grip well. I never had any problems with traction, but then again I don't do any extreme off roading either. For a daily tire that is capable off road, I think they're a good choice. I only swapped because I wanted slightly bigger tires, with a more aggressive look.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They were new to me also. Stumbled on to them. Toyo shows these are 63lb and heavier than the E range of the same size (61 Lb). That’s really heavy if accurate.
Yeah, I noticed their 35" was 77 lbs, they are listed as their commercial off-road tire so I assume it would be on the similar line of a Cooper ST Max. I would also assume it's a very durable tire but not as compliant to airing down and wrapping around obstacles. Probably a better choice for heavy pickup applications.
Sponsored