Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Will these cause any warranty issues at the dealer?
Shouldn't.

If the dealer tries to blame the Banks stuff just mention the Magnuson–Moss warranty act and that they have to prove the aftermarket part caused the failure. At worst you have to get a lawyer involved if the dealership chooses to push it.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Shorter trips is urban legend. Fedex and UPS would have been changing out engines every 6 months if that were the case. If you never go for a longer drive sure I could see a problem.

Never bottomed out that I know of, might have not paid attention and we have some shitty roads in places.
Totally agree. While we Ecodiesel owners take flack on here from non-owners, short-trip shaming comes from within the Ecodiesel family. My average trip is less than five miles. Okay...the Jeep will regen more often...BFD. :)

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Yeah I was wondering about warranty and getting work done.

Bit expensive Amazon is $800 for the kit (Gen2) just a quick search didn't actually find the one for Jeep yet.

Also most of the questions on Amazon point to a quick install for the tune. Can you feel the increase in power?
My seat of the pants meter told me the Derringer was a mild bump in power. The Pedal Monster was easier to notice. There's still a little turbo lag but the pedal lag is gone. Much faster pedal response is easy to feel.

Deleted member 59498

Well after I spun the wheel on Banks webpage got another 10% off for Idash and Derringer so 692.10 for both.

@grimmjeeper Yeah PedalMonster was noticeable ncrease in acceleration right from the start. Good buy there.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
When the soot level gets to 80% the passive regen kicks in until it drops down to about 8%. Though the engine has to warm up a bit first. So if you drive a lot of short trips you can end up above 80%. At some point above that it kicks in with the dash display.
You miss spoke here. When the DPF hits 80%, an ACTIVE regen gets initiated. A passive regen happens anytime you get the DPF hot enough on its own to burn off some soot.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
You miss spoke here. When the DPF hits 80%, an ACTIVE regen gets initiated. A passive regen happens anytime you get the DPF hot enough on its own to burn off some soot.
Mine says passive at 80%, only once has it gone back and forth from passive to active at 80% mark.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
My iDash shows status going from off to passive once it reaches 80%. I have seen it indicate active once.

My suspicion is that "passive" just dumps the fuel into the DPF while normal driving is happening. It doesn't change other things. The "active" mode does things like keeping the RPMs up even when you stop. That is a more aggressive way to burn off the soot in the DPF.

Both are technically "active". One mode is more aggressive than the other.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
my 3.0 Diesel was at the dealer for 3 months for a failed diesel fuel system, and failed DEF system, the actual repair took under a week, but waiting for the parts was the part that took almost 3 months.
This has been my past experience with anything Peugeot. Notice all the pro 3.0 skipped over this statement. The truth hurts.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
This has been my past experience with anything Peugeot. Notice all the pro 3.0 skipped over this statement. The truth hurts.
It's a good thing that our engine was designed by V.M. Motori before the Peugeot buyout.

Deleted member 59498

Its a Motori engine that was owned by GM and EcoDiesel was designed by them for the Euro market for Cadillac, no where does it say Peugeot. Not sure were all the Peugeot comes from or if it even matters. Its a good engine.

Maserati used the engine also.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Its a Motori engine that was owned by GM and EcoDiesel was designed by them for the Euro market for Cadillac, no where does it say Peugeot. Not sure were all the Peugeot comes from or if it even matters. Its a good engine.

Maserati used the engine also.
Peugeot recently bought out V.M. Motori. And people who latch on to irrelevant information to back up an unjustified bias will try to hang their hat on something like that. 🤷‍♂️

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Users of the iDash have said that it doesn’t say active when it’s actually in an active regen. The users of the ScanGauge have said theirs shows it correctly.

An active regen happens anywhere from every 400 miles to 800 miles depending on your driving habits.

https://www.fleetmaintenance.com/in...cle/12182599/dpf-regeneration-modes-explained
Yeah, I look at it more as a differentiation between a couple of regeneration modes. I don't want to get tied up in a semantic argument over what text displays on the unit. I just care that I can see when it's regenerating and when it's not.

Deleted member 59498

Well if the car market is off the table for Puegeot maybe they will use them as marine engines. Or in the their own cars.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Potato, potahto...
Sponsored