Line-X or Rhino Liner in 4xe

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Anyone do this yet or think it would be a problem with the 4xe because of the battery compartment or anything?
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Don't even waste your time, get in touch with @Armorlite - Jeep Wrangler JK & JL 4-Door Front & Rear Flooring – Armorlite (goarmorlite.com)

Best thing I've added to my JL, they should have the cargo area coming out sometime this year as well. I have the normal JL version, easy install.
Ha ha! Funny you mention it. I already installed Armorlite in my Rubi 4xe. The main reason i made this post was for a guy on Facebook that I was trying to help out. He posted in a 4xe group in FB that a shop he went to wouldn't line-x the 4xe because of the battery compartment in the back.

This guy is mainly concerned about corrosion from salt water as he lives near a beach. He was also worried about salt water staying in the material under the Armorlite lining. I thought as long as the plugs were in there it shouldn't be a problem. So, I was thinking that if he's really concerned and if the local shop wouldn't do it, he could pull his flooring out himself, remove the seats, and just spray his own coating in there using bed liner spray paint or something similar. Then install Armorlite or even just put some WeatherTech floor mats in after that. But again, I've never done it myself and thought I'd get opinions here if it's even required, etc. I personally don't know what the hold up would be because of the battery compartment. I would think you could just tape it off and cover it with plastic when you're spraying. Anyway, that's the main reason for the post. And thanks for the suggestion, I agree that the Armorlite looks awesome.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Ha ha! Funny you mention it. I already installed Armorlite in my Rubi 4xe. The main reason i made this post was for a guy on Facebook that I was trying to help out. He posted in a 4xe group in FB that a shop he went to wouldn't line-x the 4xe because of the battery compartment in the back.

This guy is mainly concerned about corrosion from salt water as he lives near a beach. He was also worried about salt water staying in the material under the Armorlite lining. I thought as long as the plugs were in there it shouldn't be a problem. So, I was thinking that if he's really concerned and if the local shop wouldn't do it, he could pull his flooring out himself, remove the seats, and just spray his own coating in there using bed liner spray paint or something similar. Then install Armorlite or even just put some WeatherTech floor mats in after that. But again, I've never done it myself and thought I'd get opinions here if it's even required, etc. I personally don't know what the hold up would be because of the battery compartment. I would think you could just tape it off and cover it with plastic when you're spraying. Anyway, that's the main reason for the post. And thanks for the suggestion, I agree that the Armorlite looks awesome.
I mean.......I'm in a salt water environment, that's why I have Armorlite. It's on the beach probably 200+ days a year, with gear that was in the ocean/sand. I wouldn't sweat it getting under the Armorlite, it should be flush against the batteries, right?

Ha......ironically enough, I'm only in this part of the forum because a tiny bit of me is curious about trading my JLR for a 4xe. I test drove one and really liked it, but the 2 cost hikes this summer made it a pretty big jump in invoice pricing (even with the tax discount). My JLR was $42k (from Gupton), I think a comparable 4xe right now would be $55 or so before the tax credit. That and the long term dependability, I'm not one to trade a vehicle every 3 years.

I'm almost 41, and I've had 4 vehicles my whole life, XJ, Toyota Pickup '93, '07 JK, '21 JL. On the flip side, about 90% of my driving would be all electric.
Sponsored