Lil' Mrs. Focker's Bright White Build

noregrets605

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Dodge Viper GTS, Honda Pilot
Just wanted to say what a clean build she has and she has made some great choices in products! I will continue to watch as it evolves.
Sponsored

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Loving the build!! Just when I thought I was done with mine, I’m seeing a few things to do!

Not sure if I’m seeing things, but have you added an adjustable rear track bar?

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Loving the build!! Just when I thought I was done with mine, I’m seeing a few things to do!

Not sure if I’m seeing things, but have you added an adjustable rear track bar?
That is the MetalCloak Rear Durotrak Track Bar you are seeing.
This one: https://metalcloak.com/durotrak-track-bar-solid-chromoly-rear-jl-wrangler.html
Everything under that thing that is zinc is MC at this point.

Should have the winch completed tonight and will get some photos uploaded shortly after.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Awesome build and documentation, Focker! Thank you again for choosing MagnaFlow for your Jeep! We're tuned in to see what else you have in store.

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara

Sponsored

RickyCe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
Here is what happened last week.
Metalcloak 2.5" Game Changer along with drag link and tie rod ends.
Icon Compression wheels.
BF Goodrich KM3 35" tires.
P1002192-X2.jpg

P1002201-X2.jpg
excellent work all around putting this together!

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thank you for the info!

How's the drive? Any pull or loose steering? Also how's the exhaust sounding after break in?
No pull and steering is no different from stock however I feel like it has a slight amount of play for me. My wife says it is great and since it is her car, if she is happy that is good enough for me. On my side of the garage, for the last 30 years I have had German cars so I am used to and like my steering tight with good road feel, the Jeep is "a bit" different from that. I did have a CJ7 many years ago and it has been so long I can't even remember how it drove, just that it was a lot of fun.

The exhaust sounds fantastic, quiet when cruising and a nice throaty growl when giving it a healthy romp of the throttle. One of my favorite mods she has done.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a picture heavy update. Protected a good portion of the underside with MetalCloak skids.
IMG_3962-L.jpg

_MG_1645-L.jpg

_MG_1646-L.jpg

IMG_3958-L.jpg

_MG_1653a-L.jpg

IMG_3960-L.jpg

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
No pull and steering is no different from stock however I feel like it has a slight amount of play for me. My wife says it is great and since it is her car, if she is happy that is good enough for me. On my side of the garage, for the last 30 years I have had German cars so I am used to and like my steering tight with good road feel, the Jeep is "a bit" different from that. I did have a CJ7 many years ago and it has been so long I can't even remember how it drove, just that it was a lot of fun.

The exhaust sounds fantastic, quiet when cruising and a nice throaty growl when giving it a healthy romp of the throttle. One of my favorite mods she has done.
Well, you might have just made two sales- Hope you get your commission! @Magnaflow @Metalcloak

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Man, that looks good!

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Okay, more dumb questions time: Do you just stuff the Trim-Lok tubing in with your fingers or any special tool that helped? Do you happen to have the measurements of what you used or do you just stuff 'n go and once you reach the end cut it off (sounds like how I would do it). Is 25ft enough? Great build you got going here and superb documentation! Sort of regretting my center mounted phone holder over the grab handle option shown. Maybe I'll throw an sPod there instead. Oh boy, now I'm getting out of hand.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, more dumb questions time: Do you just stuff the Trim-Lok tubing in with your fingers or any special tool that helped? Do you happen to have the measurements of what you used or do you just stuff 'n go and once you reach the end cut it off (sounds like how I would do it). Is 25ft enough? Great build you got going here and superb documentation! Sort of regretting my center mounted phone holder over the grab handle option shown. Maybe I'll throw an sPod there instead. Oh boy, now I'm getting out of hand.
There are never dumb questions :whatsgoingon:

It is super easy to install and 25 feet is plenty. Some folks here are trying solid tubing (not hollow) in either .25 or .38 so you might also consider that also. Here is a link if you want more options to scratch your noggin on:
.25 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4D2T8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
.38 : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4D6S...olid=3QN71B6496WYE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For the installation this video is the perfect way to do it.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
There are never dumb questions :whatsgoingon:

It is super easy to install and 25 feet is plenty. Some folks here are trying solid tubing (not hollow) in either .25 or .38 so you might also consider that also. Here is a link if you want more options to scratch your noggin on:
.25 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4D2T8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
.38 : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4D6S...olid=3QN71B6496WYE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For the installation this video is the perfect way to do it.
Hey Thanks! Just ordered the .38 on amazon. I went ahead and ordered the cargo tray organizer as well because ... why not ...

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Our latest addition is a Warn Zeon 10-S on a Mopar Winch plate kit. Added the Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead and FlatLink E Shackle Mount. Added the Mopar Low Grille and Winch Guard and finally we finished off the project with the Maximus-3 Filler Trim Plates. They really make a nice finish for the stock Mopar steel bumper.
Fun side note... Today we got out into some backcountry with another forum member and I "may" have encouraged him that I was pretty sure his Sport with no lift could make it through some snow. Turns out the snow was a bit deeper than we expected. After working out the physics (also known as making attempts a few different ways) we worked it out and the Warn did a fantastic job.

Here is a few photos of the finished install.
First one taken in the Sierras today at a bridge over the Rubicon River:
IMG_8289-XL.jpg

Maximus-3 Filler Plates:
IMG_4007-XL.jpg
Sponsored