Sponsored

Like to get thoughts/opinions on these running boards.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
The stock running bards on my Sahara are absolutely useless, I am going to try it with out them first, but I am thinking I may need something for the wife and kids, I was looking at these, I like the center step to get to the roof for sure. I am not a hardcore off roader by any means, fire road and beach road mostly, so not worried about the clearance. Just like to get some opinions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Like to get thoughts/opinions on these running boards. running board 1

running board.jpg
Sponsored

Bags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2D
This won’t help you much, but my wife is 5.2” tall and has a JLU with a 2.5” lift and 35” tires. She hates steps and only has a rock guard on her Jeep. She is able to get in and out just fine (her experience only).
kids I can’t speak about, as mine are adults with their own Wrangler’s now 😀.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
UAF

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Thanks for all the input folks, I am still on the fence with these.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They are OK looking in themselves, but are quite bulky looking on a stock height and tired Sahara.

My 4'10" wife doesn't have any problem getting into my JLUR, which is lifted 4" over stock on 38's, because I added the LOD Destroyers that have a molded in step without them costing much loss of ground clearance. It's a stretch for her, but easily doable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Like to get thoughts/opinions on these running boards. 20210607_102230

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Center step is cool but I personally dislike branded cut-outs and the coating looks rough to me. If the price is right 👍🏼

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
The stock running bards on my Sahara are absolutely useless, I am going to try it with out them first, but I am thinking I may need something for the wife and kids, I was looking at these, I like the center step to get to the roof for sure. I am not a hardcore off roader by any means, fire road and beach road mostly, so not worried about the clearance. Just like to get some opinions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Like to get thoughts/opinions on these running boards. 20210607_102230

running board.jpg
IMO, look a little funky with the center step...however I like the idea of being able to reach the top when loading or cleaning the roof. I might get them for our JL
Sponsored