Sponsored

Like to get some feedback on secure cargo area enclosures.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
So, looking at a secure cargo area cover for next summer running topless, from what I am seeing only two choices for the JLU, if there is more, please let me know, Diabolical and Tuffy, Diabolical looks, at first blush, like a much nicer product, but that comes at a major premium. Trying to figure if it is really worth than more than double the price. Love to get some real world feedback. TIA
Sponsored

moonlit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, looking at a secure cargo area cover for next summer running topless, from what I am seeing only two choices for the JLU, if there is more, please let me know, Diabolical and Tuffy, Diabolical looks, at first blush, like a much nicer product, but that comes at a major premium. Trying to figure if it is really worth than more than double the price. Love to get some real world feedback. TIA
Love my Diabolical . Yes, pricey but it is worth the cost IMO

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on Diabolical. Love mine! :like:

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, that EZ trunk looks interesting. Thanks

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
EZTrunk on Amazon

Hi Jeff. I have to presume the seller got his act together given 11/5 promise dates on Amazon.
Yes, you're right. they have been shipping the EZTrunk for a while now. Only about a year after I needed one.

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the Tuffy. It serves the purpose. That’s about it. Took hours of grinding the rollers, fitting, etc to get it to work. Once got it all worked out all good for security as you’re not getting in the rear without heavy tools but for price paid and work to fit it, it sux. Guess I got a lemon. It also is no bueno with the Toplift Pro as not snuff clearance so top of the box has to come off to take the Jeep top off. So basically I leave it off when top is on and then install once I remove. So I get rattles from side pieces. The joy.

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So with the EZ trunk, if I am looking at that correctly, it's only covering half the cargo area on the JLU? is that correct, half is open and half covered?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I went with Diabolical because it seemed to me to be the better product along with more secured space. I've been incredibly happy with it... Just buy it during Black Friday sales to help offset some of the cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with Diabolical because it seemed to me to be the better product along with more secured space. I've been incredibly happy with it... Just buy it during Black Friday sales to help offset some of the cost.
That is currently my plan, but I also saw they just raised the prices, which prompted this post. In the end it looks like a superior product.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I have the Diabolical Slipstream Trunk Enclosure and it seems very secure, but it was a pain in the butt to install (and the top shelf on mine is so snug that it won't even open). 🤬

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Diabolical Slipstream Trunk Enclosure and it seems very secure, but it was a pain in the butt to install (and the top shelf on mine is so snug that it won't even open). 🤬
The side panels on the diabolical enclosure can be adjusted to allow the top shelf to open. I had to loosen some bolts to make some slight adjustments then retighten bolts on mine to make everything fit well.
Sponsored