Like seeing an old flame

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2001 TJ, 2014 WK2
If I could find my first jeep (in useable shape) I'd love to have it back.
JeepandSam.jpg
I always love seeing those old Willy Wagons on the road, although far and few between. There’s one floating down in GTMO, when I travel there every time I see it, I instantly search the classic auto trader for one.

Hats off to whomever is driving this beauty down in GTMO, and keeping the surfboard on top is a nice touch.

594D85DC-9F00-40A9-8C36-523D7BBDEB07.jpeg
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I sold my 1995 YJ back to Jeep less than one year after buying it new, due to recurring and intractable engine issues, which included short block replacement under warranty.

Maybe one month or so after doing so, I saw my former Jeep being driven down a residential street (the paint, wheels and decal package made it plain that it was my YJ.) I'd like to know how long it lasted under the new owner's care.

I wonder the same about motorcycles that I've sold. In at least one instance, the buyer gave off a total No Confidence vibe. His money was green, though, and so that was that.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
What model is that?
It's a '49 Willys Wagon. Flathead 4 cyl, 3 spd manual with 2 spd transfer case, 4x4 with manual locking hubs. It was unmodified and unrestored. I bought it in '71 for $500 and ran the frap out of it all over southern AZ.

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
The guy I sold one of my last jeeps to just messaged me out of the blue and sent me current pics. She’s still as pretty as I remember. We went through so much together. From ball joints to gears and suspensions to stereos this girl broke me in. I thought about trying to get back together but in the end this was probably the best for us both. It’s been 6 years and I still remember seeing her on the showroom floor. Sitting there all quiet in the corner just staring at me. I knew it would be something special. I wasn’t wrong. In the end I’m glad they are happy together. I’ve moved on several times since then but she will always have a special place in my heart.
I seem to talk to my ex-fiancé a lot recently. I traveled back to WI for work this week and we both decided it is very inappropriate for us to get together because…. well, we’d do the horizontal polka no doubt.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I seem to talk to my ex-fiancé a lot recently. I traveled back to WI for work this week and we both decided it is very inappropriate for us to get together because…. well, we’d do the horizontal polka no doubt.
Some of the best, um, quality time I've ever had was with an ex-girlfriend who, uh, invited me over for a platonic chat.

And what a friendly conversation it was.

(looks over shoulder to make sure this post is being composed in private...)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nothing wrong with a polka now and then...as long as neither one of you has sworn to something or someone else.
Sponsored