D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my 2020JLUR diesel for nearly 1 year. I put a Smitty Bilt steel stubby winch bumper on it when new. I’ve got 10k miles on it now and have the itch for a lighter weight, 10-12K pound winch capable aluminum or steel bumper. Prefer a stubby. Prefer good approach angle and lots of unobstructed space for the radiator to get air for that amazing diesel to keep it happy. What have y’all found out there that might work to lighten up the front end??? Thanks- John

53C480CB-4BF9-49A6-8787-6B8A2D56152F.jpeg
Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
If you want to mount a wench on your front bumper, you'll need to supply your own. But for a lightweight winch bumper check out the line at RockHard.

OP
OP
D90John

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to mount a wench on your front bumper, you'll need to supply your own. But for a lightweight winch bumper check out the line at RockHard.
Thanks for your input on RockHard. I currently have a Smittybilt and it weighs in at 114 pounds Plus winch. With the diesel under the hood this all adds up. I ordered the mid width aluminum bumper with the winch set between the frame rails. I think this unit weighs in at 40 pounds. Great weight savings even though expensive IMO. Thanks again- D90John

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
It is not that light, but lighter than smittybuilt for sure. Shrockworks makes very nice bumpers that are really tucked up against the frame (without having to cut your frame) and strong. Very good quality and performance, average weight and their real negative is you do have to have patience since they build to order.
Shrockworks website

PS, I prefer my wenches light and skinny and my winches tough and burly.
Sponsored