Lights mounted to standard bumper

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
I have a Sahara without steel bumper on the front.. has anyone mounted lights to it? Wonder what tips or tricks you could offer.. I was considering mounting 2 9” round LED lights on it.
Sponsored

jerric.srinav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Supercharged
for fog lights purpose? i think one of the think we should consider is the light bars for trucks (or bulbs) should fit the curvature of bumper. should be waterproof as well.

it would be better if we can find the light bar company that can customize the affixation components.

Last edited:

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I'm looking at a light bar for my standard sport bumper and am looking at the best way to mount. I like the Olmpic bar Extreme Terrain sell but they haven't confirmed it'll fit a JL. I'm sure another vendor will come up with a bracket or bar.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
MOPAR has a mount kit available to mount lights just behind the bumper. Though, I’ve only seen “coming soon” at the retailers that carry mopar accessories. $75.

mopar-bumper-light-mounting-brackets-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-8221548.jpg

I made a similar mount for my JK using an aluminum door threshold I cut to fit. Even some tabbed angle iron will work. Just remove the plastic trim piece behind the bumper, and bolt the piece of metal in its place. Drill holes as desired for the lights and bolt on.

mr0oyy2l.jpg

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The Mopar part number for the bracket for the plastic bumpers is shown here. My 7" Mopar LEDs showed up today and they can mount to this bracket or the winch guard as I plan to do.

IMG_20180402_220101.jpg

Sponsored

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
for fog lights purpose? i think one of the think we should consider is the light bars for trucks (or bulbs) should fit the curvature of bumper. should be waterproof as well.

it would be better if we can find the light bar company that can customize the affixation components.
20180413_174039.jpg

I just installed a curved 32" quad row on mine. I just made two simple L brackets and attached them to bumper bolts.

Sponsored

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
MOPAR has a mount kit available to mount lights just behind the bumper. Though, I’ve only seen “coming soon” at the retailers that carry mopar accessories. $75.

mopar-bumper-light-mounting-brackets-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-8221548.jpg
not to sound dumb, but what are those black covers? is that a jeep light cover snapped over two mopar mounted lights? been looking for those online but no idea what they’re called (that whole setup with the cover)

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not to sound dumb, but what are those black covers? is that a jeep light cover snapped over two mopar mounted lights? been looking for those online but no idea what they’re called (that whole setup with the cover)
Yes.

Those are a set of lights I would NOT want to get stone chipped (I think those mopar drivers are like $700 a set).

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you do it? Did you use the mopar kit?