Sponsored

Light weight minimal armor

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
The underside of even the Rubicon seems to have very little protection. Anyone have suggestions for a light duty armor that will provide better coverage than stock, but also be of a lighter weight, less durable material that would not be suitable for hard core trails?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Looks good, will have to wait until they make one for the 2.0.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm also waiting for someone to produce a 2dr. aluminum belly pan. Sourcing 2 dr. aluminum rock sliders is another problem I'm having.
I like Artec's 4dr. belly pan, light weight (86 lbs, ?) and gains 3/4" ground clearance. Also, GenRight 4 dr. boat side rock sliders with no ground clearance loss and light weight. Contact both, maybe enough folks asking for them will get them into production for our 2 door JL's.

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Artec makes an aluminum belly pan that actually increases ground clearance (replaces factory gas tank skid). Only adds about 10 pounds. Order from Northridge with coupon code MISSYOU.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I dissmissed that one due to their...
Specifications
Aluminum Skid System Weight: 180 lbs.

Weighs as much as metal systems!
That's because they include new steel cross members to support the aluminum skids.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Rockhard’s is too heavy IMO. When paying a premium for light weight Aluminum, I want the weight savings. Seem to remember MetalCloaks metal system was sometime like 200 lbs. and $1,000. , not that I’m interested. I offered to pay Artec $2G up front for their 86 Lb. system, but they declined. Also offered GenRight up front cash for their boat side Rock slider. They also said not enough demand for 2dr.
With that amount of cash, a Custom metal fabrication shop should be able to make something good for you. Or buy the 4Dr version, have it modified to fit the 2 Dr. ?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
One would think but 34 yrs. experience as a union sheet metal worker has me knowing otherwise. Metal fabrication takes equipment and time and “F” that, I retired 10 yrs. ago and am now 67 yrs. old. If it doesn't bolt on forget it. haha

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
I've been running the Artec Aluminum belly pan for almost a year now and not many people have wheeled as much or as hard as I have in said year! no issues!!!

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9867.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
So far, I have added the Rancho front and rear differential skids, as well as the Rancho rear shock/control arm skids to protect the lowest and most vulnerable areas. Next I was thinking of a front bumper skid plate to protect the sway bar and the disconnect. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a product that gives max protection and is compatible with the stock metal bumper?
Sponsored