Sponsored

light up the side of the road

jpqst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Any recommendations for lighting that will extend towards the sides better? I would like better visibility of deer/animals etc off the side of the road. Requirements are they will not blind other drivers and will not add additional wind noise. I was thinking a curved lightbar on the front bumper, but am open to suggestions.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Nothing you can bolt on will be legal for use on the road.

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any recommendations for lighting that will extend towards the sides better? I would like better visibility of deer/animals etc off the side of the road. Requirements are they will not blind other drivers and will not add additional wind noise. I was thinking a curved lightbar on the front bumper, but am open to suggestions.

Like milwick said, nothing will be legal. However, the Rigid Sideshooter cubes do exactly what your looking for.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Like milwick said, nothing will be legal. However, the Rigid Sideshooter cubes do exactly what your looking for.
Except the part where it will absolutely blind oncoming drivers. You have to turn them off if anyone is around.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I have bought the rigid hyper spot cubes - a pillar mount and point them slightly. The deer are every where here - need to see them sooner

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Light bars aren't legal on roads in NC. We're allowed "no more than two" auxiliary lights mounted on the front with restrictions.

NC vehicle equipment statutes:

(c) Restrictions on Lamps. - Any device, other than headlamps, spot lamps, or auxiliary driving lamps, which projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than 25 candlepower, shall be so directed that no part of the beam will strike the level of the surface on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than 50 feet from the vehicle.

(f) Light Bar Lighting Device. - Notwithstanding any provision of this section to the contrary, and excluding vehicles described in subsection (d) of this section, and excluding vehicles listed in G.S. 20-130.1(b), no person shall drive a motor vehicle on the highways of this State while using a light bar lighting device. This subsection does not apply to or otherwise restrict use of a light bar lighting device with strobing lights. For purposes of this subsection, the term "light bar lighting device" means a bar-shaped lighting device comprised of multiple lamps capable of projecting a beam of light at an intensity greater than that set forth in subsection (c) of this section.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I have my left and right "ditch" lights wired to Aux3 and 4. Deer are a real pain.

IMG_2753.JPG

OP
OP

jpqst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Thanks all. Some good info here
Sponsored