Sponsored

Light thread : How do you name your cars/Jeeps ?

What type of name should one pick ?

• A man should give his Jeep a girl name

• A women should give his jeep a man name

• A man should give his Jeep a man name

• A women should give his jeep a girl name

• There’s no more gender or there’s maybe a million, who knows : pick whatever you want !

• I don't name vehicles PERIOD

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
With my new JLUS on the way, I realized I need to come up with a name. That’s not something we do in France, where I’m from, so I followed the rules as my (Canadian) wife explained em to me, and named my 2015 Mustang « Maggie » (as in the sexy, badass chick from The Walking Dead), as it’s MAGnetic grey, and as I was told men should give their cars a girl name, and women should give em a guy name.
But I kinda feel weird giving a girl name to a Jeep, seems like it needs to be « manly » IMO.
What’s your 0.02 on it ? And why ?
(I know there’s a Name your Jeep thread already, though it was quite different).
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You don't have the option for "I don't name vehicles PERIOD"

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Girl names on jeeps... seems weird agreed..... i think a name adds to the personality of the jeep and as much as we like style, personalize, and "adorn" our jeeps with aftermarket things, a girls name actually becomes a better fit logically - like a girl who adds makeup, accessories ect.... now naming a jeep something like Brittney wouldn't work IMO, and guys names "feel" like a better fit....a guy naming his jeep a guys name seems odd... i think general names work better. My JL is "Blue Marlin" more add specifically the "Ole Blue Marlin". Big Red, Black Mamba, Viper, Crush, these a just a few names I've heard...so maybe color inspired nanes are more the norm?!?

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
My LJ is a girl. She’s alternatively known as my girlfriend, my lover and my soulmate. My husband isn’t bothered by this relationship.

Time will tell what gender my JL will assume...

Sponsored

OP
OP
FrenchSSGTMike

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
No offense, but I grew up working on the farm. We don't name machinery, we don't name livestock, and we don't have "pets". They're tools. We assigned a name to my daughter when she was born - and sometimes she's a tool too!
Ok....lol

761B84DA-3FFD-4570-B47E-411A15482E26.jpeg

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I’m fluid with genders & have had both for my cars. I guess you could say I go both ways!! Hahaha!
The name itself is usually influenced by the car, the personality I think it will exude. Also sometimes by my life & situation. My firecracker red two door JL will be named Vida. 1...from a movie character I love & identify with who is strong, funny, independent, charismatic & definitely fierce. 2...because Vida means life & I’ve built one I love, one that has finally allowed me to get one of my dream cars.
My Jeep & the name she’s christened with will represent where I’ve been, where I am & where I go from here.

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a hard time naming a Wrangler a girl's name. I almost named it Rubi, but my wife's Explorer is Ruby Red, so it's Ruby.

I went with Leroy, so going down a hill I can yell "LEEERRROYYY JENKINS"

Sponsored

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
After my Grand Cherokee WK died, I had to buy a Jeep Renegade and wait for the JL here in Europe.
I called the WK "The Box" (die Kiste) and the Renegade is Jeepy McJeepface because it's silly to name a car, but I like it. And I really like the little Renegade. *duck&cover*

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
My lliscense. Plate is 6 brl 323 which is kinda freaky. Because I am divorced and re married we have 6 kids there 3 from my wife’s then us 2 and I have 3 so the brl is for Burley and tha is my jeeps name. Burley girl:giggle::clap::rock::like::jk: