Sponsored

light recommendations Thanks

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
looking for recommendations on lights ideally i would like to be at 100 or less per pair. I would like alow amp draw and as much light as i can get. I am thinking of 2 sets spot for the a pillar seriously consideringthe rough country and flood s for the bumper or winch. I have the super winch exp 10 k ttha has picatinny rails for mounting lights , but i haven't had the time to put it on yet.

I was thinking of going with rigid maybe. and if I could find a combo light set that has flood and spot I might do that . But not sure about the switching . By going with 2sets and usingthe aux switches I could run with both on at the same time.

thoughts and recmmendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
looking for recommendations on lights ideally i would like to be at 100 or less per pair. I would like alow amp draw and as much light as i can get. I am thinking of 2 sets spot for the a pillar seriously consideringthe rough country and flood s for the bumper or winch. I have the super winch exp 10 k ttha has picatinny rails for mounting lights , but i haven't had the time to put it on yet.

I was thinking of going with rigid maybe. and if I could find a combo light set that has flood and spot I might do that . But not sure about the switching . By going with 2sets and usingthe aux switches I could run with both on at the same time.

thoughts and recmmendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks
There are plenty of options on Amazon for that budget.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
yeah way too many that is why i need some help

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seven years ago when I got my 2012 JK The LEDs weren't readily available and were expensive. I bought KC Daylighters spots and put them on the A pillar. Super bright - could see the mileage marker reflected a mile away. KC came out with a switchout LED a couple of years ago. Put KC LED headlights about 5 years ago. I have KC HID driving lights on the bumper angled out to cover the sides of the road to see any deer/antelope running toward the highway. I added low cost LED floods to the A pillars pointed to the side. A set of LED bed lights to the underside to use as rock lights and they connect to the dome wiring to come on when you unlock/open the doors. Also a low cost set of LED floods on the rear bumper. And changed out the fog lights to LED bulbs. For good vision forward I went with quality, expensive lights and I've used KC for decades plus they have a 23 year warranty. I go up to the mountains in northern Idaho a few months in a year and it is really dark there at night.
For my JL on order I have the LED group but I think I will put on a Quadratec 51" light bar, the same $16/pr backup lights and some rock lights. For those applications the low cost ones from Amazon have lasted for years with no failure as long as you put some silicone sealant around the edge of the lights to keep water out (river crossings).

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@wanderer …

You've got a few other posts out there looking for recommendations... It seems you're not getting the answers you're looking for, but your audience isn't going to be much different starting a new thread when there are several recent and similar threads. We all see them, and some of us responded as best as we could. We tried.

This isn't intended to be insensitive or argumentative, but from here, I can only say good luck in your search.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cube-mounting-light.7715/page-5#post-469161

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-up-the-auxiliary-switches.19214/#post-467230

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yeah I was starting a new thread and realized I had answered a post. So I restarted a thread. Don’t mean to bug anyone Looking for real world experience

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
You might look at the Rough Country pair for ~$100 ... mounting bracket and all. Or, look at some of the Rigid cubes that are in the ~140 range. Can't find it right now, but one of our vendors posted about some lights/mounts that they were selling. Once you have a list, then show that in one of your posts ... that will get folks thinking.

The breath of my knowledge is narrow ... once I saw the Rigid side shooters, I was done looking. Suspect others are in the same position.

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
We have many options that you can choose from and we have 20% the whole month of December (code "holiday2018", to get closer to your budget.

Our entry level Black Series CUBEs are a great bang for you buck, those would work great on both the A pillar and bumper. We also have the Gamma Series which work very similar to the Side Shooters offering both a spot and a flood at once.

If you have questions, I would be more than glad to help in any way I can.
Sponsored