Light Help

ally68

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have recently Joined the Jeep ranks from the truck family. I also moved to Lake of the Ozarks in a kind of secluded area.
It has become very apparent that my first 2 upgrades will be some led lights and aftermarket bumper as the deer are thick up here. I am more than likely going to go with Iron Bull bumper when they are available.

As for lighting I need something to light up back country road so I can see them deer. I have decided on the Rigid side shooter cubes. Now for your help first do you think one set will be enuf? And if so should I get flood or spot beam?

Thanks for your help looking forward to starting to mod this dude.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Spot or flood would depend upon your intended use. I live in an area in NC that's heavily populated with them deer and I use them for the same reason as you've stated. I have a pair of Rigid D-Series Pro midnights and they serve the purpose. I couldn't tell you if only a pair would be enough...dealer's choice. I've seen some rigs here in the forum with enough lights up front to light up an entire zip code. I keep a single pair (for now) mounted at the windshield since I have a pair of Mopar 7" down on the bumper. Spots up top.

This may be of some help. And... welcome aboard!

https://www.rigidindustries.com/product-finder/

https://viewpoint.rigidindustries.c...r-type=multi&hud=off&demo=false&driving=false

Last edited:
OP
OP
ally68

ally68

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True not looking to light up whole Zip code LOL just see the deer before I hit them. And I will also be adding lights once I get new bumper as well.

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
OP
OP
ally68

ally68

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am very interested in your headlights I will say that I would like to let a few board members install them fist and if they live up to the ads then I would say I will be in.

Sponsored

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
I am very interested in your headlights I will say that I would like to let a few board members install them fist and if they live up to the ads then I would say I will be in.
Sounds great! If we can help with anything in the meanwhile please let us know.

We do have tons of reviews on the lights on JK-Forum and Wranglerforum, and Black Friday pricing is good on them until Cyber Monday if you get the desire to pull the trigger.

OP
OP
ally68

ally68

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the black Friday pricing?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
they have brackets for jk 7 inch headlights from various vendors. I am going to hold out for JL sized ones or the mopar ones.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have recently Joined the Jeep ranks from the truck family. I also moved to Lake of the Ozarks in a kind of secluded area.
It has become very apparent that my first 2 upgrades will be some led lights and aftermarket bumper as the deer are thick up here. I am more than likely going to go with Iron Bull bumper when they are available.

As for lighting I need something to light up back country road so I can see them deer. I have decided on the Rigid side shooter cubes. Now for your help first do you think one set will be enuf? And if so should I get flood or spot beam?

Thanks for your help looking forward to starting to mod this dude.

Here is an option for the deer lroblem. My brother and his family live in an area of Texas, with a very large population of deer. One of them would hit a deer, at least once a year. Several years ago, they started using deer whistles, and they havent hit one since. They say they see the deer run, from a long distance away, when they use to just stand there.
https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Deer-Wh...words=deer+whistles&psc=1&smid=A272JZH72WE0JP

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 6CUBEs... I like them a lot. Slightly lower (less?) lumens than the Rigid D-Series I had on, but it's not noticeable. I'll post a few pictures on Saturday.

lights_008.jpg
lights_010.jpg

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@melendez69 ... trying to settle on light pattern and a bracket. Want them for when we get caught out on the trail after dark. With the standard OEM set up, even with the full LED package, it still takes a lot of courage to make a sharp turn on the trail after dark. @Fuel Fire Desire 's YouTube video sold me on the D-SS cubes with the side lights.

Several concerns ... don't really need spot lights (7.4 degrees) here in Arizona on the trails. The fog pattern (41.4 degrees) would be great on the trail, but most likely would reflect too much light off the hood when mounted on the pillar. Move the fog pattern down on the bumper and the side visibility is defeated. The driving pattern (24.1 degrees) would be a good compromise, but again would probably reflect too much light off the hood ... yes?

What has been your experience with the single light bracket you pictured in another thread and light reflecting off the hood with the Rigid cubes? The bracket you used places the light about an inch higher than the bracket FFDesire used. Did the cubes interfere with your line of sight much ... the A-pillar is big enough as it is without filling up that small gap between the A-pillar and the hood.

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@melendez69 ... trying to settle on light pattern and a bracket. Want them for when we get caught out on the trail after dark. With the standard OEM set up, even with the full LED package, it still takes a lot of courage to make a sharp turn on the trail after dark. @Fuel Fire Desire 's YouTube video sold me on the D-SS cubes with the side lights.

Several concerns ... don't really need spot lights (7.4 degrees) here in Arizona on the trails. The fog pattern (41.4 degrees) would be great on the trail, but most likely would reflect too much light off the hood when mounted on the pillar. Move the fog pattern down on the bumper and the side visibility is defeated. The driving pattern (24.1 degrees) would be a good compromise, but again would probably reflect too much light off the hood ... yes?

What has been your experience with the single light bracket you pictured in another thread and light reflecting off the hood with the Rigid cubes? The bracket you used places the light about an inch higher than the bracket FFDesire used. Did the cubes interfere with your line of sight much ... the A-pillar is big enough as it is without filling up that small gap between the A-pillar and the hood.
I went with the driver and spot dual setup from rigid with the same d-ss cube leds. I did talk with rigid before I ordered and they recommended the driving/spot combo as I’m running two on each side with either the rigid dual mount or go rhino. They said either way you will have a little glare on the hood....just the nature of the beast but you can angle it as well to get the angle you would like where it’s minimal.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@47Jeepster

I've never noticed a significant amount of light bouncing off the hood with the single mount. Yesterday I finished mounting dual spot Rigids on the Go Rhino mount and when it gets dark out, I can post a few pics to see how much light shines from the hood. I can do the same for the single-mount for comparison.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@47Jeepster

I've never noticed a significant amount of light bouncing off the hood with the single mount. Yesterday I finished mounting dual spot Rigids on the Go Rhino mount and when it gets dark out, I can post a few pics to see how much light shines from the hood. I can do the same for the single-mount for comparison.
That would be appreciated. Also, one quick snap of the top(s) of the cubes from your line of sight in the driving position please. Or, if you're 6'10" tall, maybe from the view of a 5' 10" driver.

Think I'll end up with the Baja bracket. Which looks to position the cube close to where the outer cube is positioned on the Go Rhino dual light mount.
Sponsored