Light bar on 4xe?

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Has anyone found a light bar that works on the top of the 4xe windshield? I really love the KC HiLites Gravity LED Pro6 light bar, but I think the mounting brackets interfere with the charging port. Can anyone confirm or have any recommendations for a similar look?
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
That might be a difficult search. I can't recall any windshield/roof mounts that don't utilize that spot where the charging port is. Only similar thing that comes to mind is the one Quadratec sells that goes inside the windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Light bar on 4xe? 1628281728795

Last edited:
OP
OP
tactical_gnr

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
That might be a difficult search. I can't recall any windshield/roof mounts that don't utilize that spot where the charging port is. Only similar thing that comes to mind is the one Quadratec sells that goes inside the windshield.

View attachment 493463
Yes, that’s the only option I’ve seen so far for the 4xe. I don’t like the way it takes up room in the already cramped windshield. Much prefer an exterior mount. There are so many unexpected compromises made with the 4xe. Hopefully KC can fabricate a mount that works with the charge port.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Ok..so I'm a broken record on this....

Stellantis, you really couldn't find another place to put your dang charging port but the cowl where you know that so many aftermarket sellers, from roof rack makers to mirror makers to light makers access?

Really?

I'll bet you just said, "don't worry, those same after market sellers will come up with a charging port relocation kit (which we won't officially allow.)"

Stellantis: write this down. Many things help sell your Wrangler. One is the aftermarket of goods and services and its size. It provides you with a competitive advantage over Ford and its Bronco. You'd be wise to not f with it.

OP
OP
tactical_gnr

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
@KC HiLiTES I just saw y’all joined the forum. Welcome! Any plans for a Pro6 light bar mount that fits the 4xe? Maybe there is already something that works that I’m missing?? :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
OP
OP
tactical_gnr

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
@KC HiLiTES I just saw y’all joined the forum. Welcome! Any plans for a Pro6 light bar mount that fits the 4xe? Maybe there is already something that works that I’m missing?? :fingerscrossed:
I asked in the intro thread and they were going to send a recommendation.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-wranglers-forum-community.75617/post-1574926
Hey guys. Yes we are working on a new version of our overhead bracket for the 4XE. We have a design, and are currently refining it and testing it out. Want to make sure there are no issues down the road. Thanks for reaching out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
tactical_gnr

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Hey guys. Yes we are working on a new version of our overhead bracket for the 4XE. We have a design, and are currently refining it and testing it out. Want to make sure there are no issues down the road. Thanks for reaching out. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Great news! Can’t wait!

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Following. ETA???

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Following. ETA???
The 4XE Overhead Pro6 Bracket will hopefully be out by 2022 first quarter. Maybe around Feb/March.