Sponsored

Lifting JLUR 1" to 1.5" - Restricted By Height of Parking Garage - Your Experience?

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a 2.0L JLUR with Sky One Touch top & stock steel bumpers and 315/70R17 K02's running stock suspension. I measured the height of my Rubicon at 73.5".

Now, I am thinking about installing the TeraFlex 1.5" spacer lift (or another lift small gain kit) but I am nervous, because I am restricted in how high I can lift the vehicle by the height of my garage at the lowest point, which I measure to be: approx. 76.5".

I usually prefer to lift using coils springs, shocks, etc.. and not just spacers. But seems like I might be limited to a spacer kit in order to not gain too much altitude....

Can anyone comment on how much of a lift you got using a 1", 1.5" spacer kit or maybe even 1" coils (like Synergy's 1" coils) please?
I am pretty sure 1.5" is literally the max height I should attempt to gain.
Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Problem solved. I got 1" up unloaded with some accutune fox dsc shocks for rubicon at stock level.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Where did you take the mass height measurement? At the garage door, ceiling, garage door opener?

I have a JLUR with SOT on 3.5” Metalcloak and 37’sa standard 7ft garage door and am able to park in in the garage no problem. I did this by adjusting the garage door opener to open to the full height of the garage opening.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Problem solved. I got 1" up unloaded with some accutune fox dsc shocks for rubicon at stock level.
I really don't need reservoir shocks for my off-roading.... Would prefer coils or spacers along with monotube shocks.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Where did you take the mass height measurement? At the garage door, ceiling, garage door opener?

I have a JLUR with SOT on 3.5” Metalcloak and 37’sa standard 7ft garage door and am able to park in in the garage no problem. I did this by adjusting the garage door opener to open to the full height of the garage opening.

Sadly, I have a cast iron pipe that runs through my parking garage. I have to drive under that sucker too. So that is my pain point.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The 1.5 TF spacer lift on the Unlimited is a 2” front spacer.
Thats a tight parking garage, my truck couldn’t do that stock.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The 1.5 TF spacer lift on the Unlimited is a 2” front spacer.
Thats a tight parking garage, my truck couldn’t do that stock.
Yep, thats exactly why I am trying to see if anyone has measurements from their install I could cross reference as I don't have much room for error.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yep, thats exactly why I am trying to see if anyone has measurements from their install I could cross reference as I don't have much room for error.
I believe your sky one touch adds a little height in "open", right? Have you driven up to the pipe and measured your clearance with it open?

Would suck to forget to close it one day and rip off the canvas just to gain an inch.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I believe your sky one touch adds a little height in "open", right? Have you driven up to the pipe and measured your clearance with it open?

Would suck to forget to close it one day and rip off the canvas just to gain an inch.
You are correct and while I haven't measured it - I do always make sure to close it before driving into the garage.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
The diesel Rubicon suspension components are said to be 1 inch higher than the standard Rubicon suspension components.

That would be an interesting experiment.

Members have used diesel suspension components on their Sport/Sahara and reported good results.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The diesel Rubicon suspension components are said to be 1 inch higher than the standard Rubicon suspension components.

That would be an interesting experiment.

Members have used diesel suspension components on their Sport/Sahara and reported good results.
That's an option too! (or the 392 springs) but I would rather not be the person doing the experimentation, lol.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I would suggest the Teraflex 1/2" spacer kits. you can stack them. I currently have 3 in front, and 2 in the rear. they net exactly 1/2" per spacer.

I wanted 1.5" front to get rid of the rake, and 1" rear.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thinking about a 392 takeoff suspension + shocks now!

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sadly, I have a cast iron pipe that runs through my parking garage. I have to drive under that sucker too. So that is my pain point.
A cast iron pipe? Ouch, they don’t mess around! I will measure height today and let you know.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Thinking about a 392 takeoff suspension + shocks now!
Are there people who’ve already done this? I’d love to go swap to 392 springs if it nets 1-1.5in gain.
Sponsored