First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've had this same internal battle. Think I've settled on Rubicon springs a d call it a day. I'd rather not go to 35s as that's where people start suggesting regears and new rims and whatnot.
Yuuuup. I've weighed everything extensively, and since I actually take the thing off pavement as much as my bleak, soul-crushing life allows, I don't think I would be happy running 35s without new wheels, a real lift, a regear, and I'd be even happier on Dana 44s.

I can't afford all that stuff, and there is plenty I can enjoy without spending the money on that stuff, so I'm riding on Rubicon springs and I may trade up to 33s when I burn off my 32s. My big source of hesitation about the 33s is that I would really be happier if I had 4.10 gears with my stock 32s. The factory 3.45 gears with the 6MT are just a miserable combination, and that will only get 5% worse if I trade up to larger tires. Plus the 33s aren't available in OWL, and I kind of like my factory OWL.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Yuuuup. I've weighed everything extensively, and since I actually take the thing off pavement as much as my bleak, soul-crushing life allows, I don't think I would be happy running 35s without new wheels, a real lift, a regear, and I'd be even happier on Dana 44s.

I can't afford all that stuff, and there is plenty I can enjoy without spending the money on that stuff, so I'm riding on Rubicon springs and I may trade up to 33s when I burn off my 32s. My big source of hesitation about the 33s is that I would really be happier if I had 4.10 gears with my stock 32s. The factory 3.45 gears with the 6MT are just a miserable combination, and that will only get 5% worse if I trade up to larger tires. Plus the 33s aren't available in OWL, and I kind of like my factory OWL.
I think it's good you're taking your time. I bought my wheels & tire set before I found this forum. I really like the set, but wished I'd checked the seller marketplace hear first.

I'm also on the fence about 35's. I know it would look nicer and give me even more ground clearance for the diffs; but Tommy from TFL said he wouldn't do it with the 3:45 gears. I have an 8 speed auto so that could help from what I've read, but not sure.

I'm definitely going to get my full use out of the 33's, and do more research on running 35's before I do pull the trigger on them. My tailgate is already reinforced, so at least I've done that.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Ive been running Falken M/T on my sport on 3.45 gears 8 speed auto for 1 yr and average about 19 mpg, its been great, stock height still

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Well...after less than 24 hours with my lift and 33s, I decided I can't stand the look of the "small" tires after looking at my Jeep in the parking lot at work this morning. This just isn't gonna work out....lol Made an appointment on Friday to get 35s. On top of that, my wife even thought they looked too small but was afraid to say anything to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lifted Sport/Sahara with 33's IMG_1373

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifted Sport/Sahara with 33's IMG_1376

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
On top of that, my wife even thought they looked too small but was afraid to say anything to me.
We will never let you live this down! lol

Seriously though, that's the reason I'm holding off on a lift for a while. The takeoffs I'm picking up are 33's, so I'll wait to lift until I'm ready to go to a 35.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Dynatrac 2” lift. I don’t have it on yet but from what I’ve seen it looks good with 33s. It might be spot on with 34s on a Sport/Sahara. I noticed a lot of Rubicons ran 35s with that lift and it looks good. Unfortunately it’s not installed yet so I don’t have pictures.
installed and pics???

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a rubicon suspension on my sport, spring numbers 60/61, 90/91. Added 3/4 spacers and I like the look, i have 285/70 Falkens but have a new set of 285/75 Toyos going on next week. No good pictures but I will snap a few tm.
pics? Thats the tire I'm looking at getting after the Falken Wildpeak MT go bad...does that 75 or the 70 lift the jeep a little bit more?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my 18 Sport with Rubicon spring/Shocks also added 3/4 spacers. I have 285/75/17 Toyos on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lifted Sport/Sahara with 33's IMG_1376
how the toyos running on road pretty smooth? did that 75 or 70 make an difference in the tire size

FamilyJeeper10

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Grand Cherokee L
This is a picture of my current toyos next to my old wildpeak ATs which were 285/70/17. I love the Toyo's the on-road manner is great, very smooth driving with very little road noise. They are 11 inches wide so keeping the stock rims was something I enjoyed, paired with the 1.75 spacer makes a perfect stance in my eyes. Just a few extra pics of diff views for you, I did remove my rear bumper as the spare rubbed when I opened the tailgate.

tire .jpg

front view.jpg

rear view.jpg

bumper.jpg

Sponsored

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
installed and pics???
It’s not on yet. I’m getting before measurements done. I have an appointment mind August to get it installed. I’m then going to drive it with stock tires for a week just to make sure it’s all good then put 285/75 r17 tires on it. I know I’m probably going to need a relocation bracket but it can wait a few months. I’ll put up pictures when I get it all done.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
This is what my Sahara looked like with a Mopar 2-inch lift and 33-inch tires. It looked terrible!
Jeep Wrangler JL Lifted Sport/Sahara with 33's IMG_20210801_084949720_HDR

This is what it looks like now with 35-inch tires

If you don’t want to replace tires yet, I’d say hold off doing the lift.
Love the retro white wagon wheels.
Been thinking of putting them on my 2018 Sahara.

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
This is a picture of my current toyos next to my old wildpeak ATs which were 285/70/17. I love the Toyo's the on-road manner is great, very smooth driving with very little road noise. They are 11 inches wide so keeping the stock rims was something I enjoyed, paired with the 1.75 spacer makes a perfect stance in my eyes. Just a few extra pics of diff views for you, I did remove my rear bumper as the spare rubbed when I opened the tailgate.

tire .jpg

front view.jpg

rear view.jpg

bumper.jpg
Hey your running rubi suspension with daystar spacer lift right? Hows it doing? And you put 285/75 at 3? Whats that measure out too? You got a throttle controller or anything? Sorry for all questions😂

FamilyJeeper10

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Hey your running rubi suspension with daystar spacer lift right? Hows it doing? And you put 285/75 at 3? Whats that measure out too? You got a throttle controller or anything? Sorry for all questions😂
Yes I am running a rubicon suspension with 3/4 inch spacers. Jeep has great road manners and drives great. I think a 35 inch tire would be to much and a regear would need to happen.
Yes, tires are 285/75 (33.7”)also with 1.75 spacers which works great with the 11 wide tire. No throttle controller, but I am having a new turbo installed (warranty) so I am expecting a better drive after that is done.
Sponsored