Sponsored

Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ?

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
One more Q. Would stock Rubi wheels with 35/ 11.5 or 12.5 hit anything?
I have a set of stock wheels, I didn't test, but didn't trust they wouldn't rub. 1.5 inch spacers kept that worry away. Unfortunately, I can't say you "need" the spacers. I'm fairly sure you will if you wheel it.
Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
For the price, I would go with a more complete kit.
you really get what you pay for. if you are that concerned abt the negative rumors floating out there on the Mopar lift, then just add a Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer, an Adjustable Front Track Bar & Rock Krawler front spring correction pads.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
you really get what you pay for. if you are that concerned abt the negative rumors floating out there on the Mopar lift, then just add a Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer, an Adjustable Front Track Bar & Rock Krawler front spring correction pads.
Or you could just go ahead and get a kit that includes all of those things and outperforms the Mopar kit both on and off road.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
if I've just spent +$55K on a Jeep engineered with Mopar parts, I'm not going to frankenbuild by introducing off brand stuff.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Let me see if I can pull this thing out of the ditch...

I think the point that is trying to be made is that for the the same money or a tad bit more, there are more complete kits out there that include trackbar and control arms. Putting another lift on a Jeep other than a Mopar lift is not what I would call a "frankenbuild." This is in no way, calling the Mopar lift inferior, it is simply pointing out that there are other options that will stretch your dollar more and provide better performance.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a set of stock wheels, I didn't test, but didn't trust they wouldn't rub. 1.5 inch spacers kept that worry away. Unfortunately, I can't say you "need" the spacers. I'm fairly sure you will if you wheel it.
Thank you for you response. I had a novel idea and actually read the FAQs on the mfg website. The answer was buried in the document. The US JLUR is equipped with the wide axle and should be ok with the stock wheels and 35ish tires.
Pretty obvious resource but the old school brain is getting slower it seems.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
if I've just spent +$55K on a Jeep engineered with Mopar parts, I'm not going to frankenbuild by introducing off brand stuff.
K, that’s your prerogative. Just realize that there are MUCH better suspension systems available. Also enjoy your axles being off-centered and your caster being not quite right.

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Let me see if I can pull this thing out of the ditch...

I think the point that is trying to be made is that for the the same money or a tad bit more, there are more complete kits out there that include trackbar and control arms. Putting another lift on a Jeep other than a Mopar lift is not what I would call a "frankenbuild." This is in no way, calling the Mopar lift inferior, it is simply pointing out that there are other options that will stretch your dollar more and provide better performance.
Ok, I’ll call it inferior for you🤣

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I work at the dealership so I got a good deal on the Mopar kit. I added RC adjustable track bars as well. Added 35' Ridge Grapplers. Ride is as good as my old JK and her old JK.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Some people seem to be concerned about keeping their warranty intact when putting on an AEV lift. They might not know that AEV certifies dealerships around the country.

If you get your AEV gear through a certified dealer then it's covered by a one year warranty. If you have that dealer order your Wrangler and have AEV install the gear then it's covered by a three year warranty.

In both scenarios your Jeep warranty remains intact.

An AEV JL370 Wrangler is stupidly expensive, but it's a pretty damn complete build. My JLURD, whenever it gets finished in Toledo and subsequently put on a train to AEV, should eventually look pretty close to this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 135160668-DSC_5896

Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Some people seem to be concerned about keeping their warranty intact when putting on an AEV lift. They might not know that AEV certifies dealerships around the country.

If you get your AEV gear through a certified dealer then it's covered by a one year warranty. If you have that dealer order your Wrangler and have AEV install the gear then it's covered by a three year warranty.

In both scenarios your Jeep warranty remains intact.

An AEV JL370 Wrangler is stupidly expensive, but it's a pretty damn complete build. My JLURD, whenever it gets finished in Toledo and subsequently put on a train to AEV, should eventually look pretty close to this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 135160668-DSC_5896
Congrats on your AEV JL370!

Actually, due to the short distance between Toledo and Wixom, Jeeps are drop-shipped on a transport trailer, not via rail. My 2013 JKUR was built then drop-shipped at Wixom the following day. (However, this was in 2013 and logistics may have changed since then.)

My 2013 JKUR was an AEV build from an authorized Jeep dealer; my current rig is at AEV now (JL350 with the full 2.5" lift).

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Congrats on your AEV JL370!

Actually, due to the short distance between Toledo and Wixom, Jeeps are drop-shipped on a transport trailer, not via rail. My 2013 JKUR was built then drop-shipped at Wixom the following day. (However, this was in 2013 and logistics may have changed since then.)

My 2013 JKUR was an AEV build from an authorized Jeep dealer; my current rig is at AEV now (JL350 with the full 2.5" lift).
When I ordered it I thought that it was going to be built in Montana. Had a big trip planned for picking it up and returning back through the Rockies. I subsequently discovered that it was going to be built in Michigan...now I'm rethinking the 19 hour drive back to Colorado. Fortunately my wife hasn't seen any of that part of the country yet.

Why is yours back at AEV?

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
When I ordered it I thought that it was going to be built in Montana. Had a big trip planned for picking it up and returning back through the Rockies. I subsequently discovered that it was going to be built in Michigan...now I'm rethinking the 19 hour drive back to Colorado. Fortunately my wife hasn't seen any of that part of the country yet.

Why is yours back at AEV?
I sold my 2013 and bought a 2021 JLURD, which is at AEV.

AEV's manufacturing facility is in Wixom. Their R&D is in Missoula.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I sold my 2013 and bought a 2021 JLURD, which is at AEV.

AEV's manufacturing facility is in Wixom. Their R&D is in Missoula.
Did you notice that their prices jumped recently? I verified with my dealer that I'm locked-in.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Did you notice that their prices jumped recently? I verified with my dealer that I'm locked-in.
Yes. I locked in pricing before everything went up. I literally dropped off my rig the day the price increase went into effect (1/10).
Sponsored