Sponsored

Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ?

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Edition
No. But it includes longer lower control arms.
1626888157758.jpeg
2 more questions lol.

How does it drive compared to stock?

Would you go with any other kits if you could do it again?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
2 more questions lol.

How does it drive compared to stock?

Would you go with any other kits if you could do it again?
It steers a little more loosely on road. But like I said, that could be due to the big tires.

The ride is significantly improved; more supple. The Jeep absorbs road and trail imperfections without transmitting them up to the frame.

On the trail it is night and day: the Jeep feels so much more capable and satisfying.

I must add, between the lift and the 35 inch tires, I lost about 2 MPG.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It steers a little more loosely on road. But like I said, that could be due to the big tires.

The ride is significantly improved; more supple. The Jeep absorbs road and trail imperfections without transmitting them up to the frame.

On the trail it is night and day: the Jeep feels so much more capable and satisfying.

I must add, between the lift and the 35 inch tires, I lost about 2 MPG.
2 mpg is nothing its all about those smiles per gallon haha.

Maybe I'll be the Mopar and throw a track bar and some gro brackets on it and call it a day.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I went with the AEV lift after watching the trail recon video where he compared the lift kits. As much as I'd like to wheel all the time, the reality is that I'm on asphalt a lot more often and have to drive wherever I go. He ranked AEV with "best on road handling" and I was not disappointed - I love how it handles. It includes a device to calibrate for larger tires and I installed tereflex adjustable front and rear track bars when I put it on. It did measure at closer to 3.5" increase after install, I haven't rechecked. We traded in my truck a few weeks ago, ordered another Jeep, and have a second AEV lift sitting in the garage waiting for it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? JeepLeft

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 155BABC4-BC71-4440-84AC-C4D5BC32AFC2

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
When I was lift shopping an AEV Rep. told me their springs were heavier (for a load) and would bottom out less than Mopars. I installed Mopars and am very happy with my choice. Rear T.B. relocation bracket and longer(adj.) frt. LCA's and track bar are needed. If you can install it yourself, $1800 for all of it online is a good deal IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the AEV lift after watching the trail recon video where he compared the lift kits. As much as I'd like to wheel all the time, the reality is that I'm on asphalt a lot more often and have to drive wherever I go. He ranked AEV with "best on road handling" and I was not disappointed - I love how it handles. It includes a device to calibrate for larger tires and I installed tereflex adjustable front and rear track bars when I put it on. It did measure at closer to 3.5" increase after install, I haven't rechecked. We traded in my truck a few weeks ago, ordered another Jeep, and have a second AEV lift sitting in the garage waiting for it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 155BABC4-BC71-4440-84AC-C4D5BC32AFC2

Your Jeep looks so classy! I got the same color too. What size tires are you running? Also what wheels are those? I may or may not be coping your rig haha

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Not sure about the AEV, but one thing to note about the MOPAR lift (especially on a Sport) is that you will get significantly more than just 2". Depending on what else you have on your rig, you could get upwards of 3.5"-4".

While that might be awesome to get "free lift", it's going to make your stock tires look ridiculous, whereas a true ~2" lift might not. So if you weren't planning on doing 35" (or bigger) tires, that might be a reason to either hold off to save more to do the full lift+tires, or to go with a different lift.

There are lots of threads with photo examples in the suspension subforum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/suspension-steering-chassis.22/
I got a Mopar 2 in & got at least 3 inch. 35-11.50-17 look too small now.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
How are you planning on using your Jeep? If it’s going to we weighed down with steel bumpers, winch, steel side steps/sliders, and a lot of gear, I’d lean towards the AEV Dualsport lift. As @sourdough said, the AEV lift is designed for Jeeps carrying a lot of weight.
If you are intending to keep your Jeep light, go with the Mopar.

My Jeep JLU Sport is light, ( plastic bumpers/ side steps and soft top ) so there is some additional “bounce” at times from side to side on uneven bumpy roads. But when my family is along for the ride, there is enough weight to really smooth out the suspension and it drivers great.
I suggest an adjustable front track bar for both lifts, and adjustable front lower control arms for the Mopar lift if you plan on having a light build and end up with 3 inches of lift.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you planning on using your Jeep? If it’s going to we weighed down with steel bumpers, winch, steel side steps/sliders, and a lot of gear, I’d lean towards the AEV Dualsport lift. As @sourdough said, the AEV lift is designed for Jeeps carrying a lot of weight.
If you are intending to keep your Jeep light, go with the Mopar.

My Jeep JLU Sport is light, ( plastic bumpers/ side steps and soft top ) so there is some additional “bounce” at times from side to side on uneven bumpy roads. But when my family is along for the ride, there is enough weight to really smooth out the suspension and it drivers great.
I suggest an adjustable front track bar for both lifts, and adjustable front lower control arms for the Mopar lift if you plan on having a light build and end up with 3 inches of lift.
I'm undecided on how much I'm adding. I don't see myself doing any extreme rock crawling. I'm leaning toward the AEV with a track bar. Mainly because the Mopar sounds like it needs more like geo brackets, track bar and control arms. Also the AEV allows me to add weight later it I want.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
I'm undecided on how much I'm adding. I don't see myself doing any extreme rock crawling. I'm leaning toward the AEV with a track bar. Mainly because the Mopar sounds like it needs more like geo brackets, track bar and control arms. Also the AEV allows me to add weight later it I want.
It definitely holds weight well. I had my Jeep loaded up with the family, luggage, coolers, etc for a weekend trip and there didn’t appear to be much if any sag.
I do keep 2 45lbs barbell plates in the trunk to help keep the rear stable (less bounce).
Sponsored