Sponsored

Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ?

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Edition
Just purchased my first Jeep and I am having a great time so far! I have been on a few trails and decided it was time to lift her.

I have been looking around and found some local shops that gave me some good information but wanted to see what the communities opinion was. As I'm sure a lot of you guys have a lot more experience in this then I do.

Something that should be noted is this is my daily driver for about an hour commute. So performance on road is just as important to me.

So far I have looked at the Mopar 2" lift and the AEV 2.5" DualSport RT Suspension System.

I have heard that AEV is a more complete kit and drives excellent on pavement. On the other hand the Mopar needs some things but stays in warranty.

I am open to other kits. My budget is trying to stay under $2000.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
So far I have looked at the Mopar 2" lift and the AEV 2.5" DualSport RT Suspension System.
I've experience with both and you won't go wrong with either one. The Mopar lift offers a more supple ride while the AEV keeps all the suspension components inline at stock angles. If you don't want to hear creaks or clunks after install these two kits will make you a happy camper.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Judging by your screen name, you must have gotten tired waiting for Ford Bronco... 🤪

I have the Mopar lift and am very happy with it. The steering got a bit looser, but that's the result of many factors, including the wide, heavy 35-inch tires. The Jeep handles on-road bumps and the trail like a champ.

Everything I have seen and heard about the AEV lift is that it is a high-quality lift as well.

In my case, I wanted to avoid giving the dealer any excuses to deny warranty coverage, and it offered a special deal on the Mopar lift, so I went with it.

You can flip a coin on this one.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
The AEV looks good, addresses almost everything. You just might want to find a front track bar bracket to go with it. You can also just do an adjustable track bar, but I'd recommend staying consistent front to rear. Granted AEV is smart, so they may have left it out because you're fine without it or it creates a clearance issue. If you ever go 3.5" you can do a track bar high-steer bracket with a drag link flip to keep your handling close to stock, or better. Geometry brackets are great for your goals, so the AEV is a very good find.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 1626886797243

To give you an idea, this is the 3.5" I run. With bigger tires it drives better than stock. The drag link flip is only compatible with certain 3.5" lifts and backspaced wheels though.
Edit:" Credit to Maximus-3, I stole the screenshot from their site.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Not sure about the AEV, but one thing to note about the MOPAR lift (especially on a Sport) is that you will get significantly more than just 2". Depending on what else you have on your rig, you could get upwards of 3.5"-4".

While that might be awesome to get "free lift", it's going to make your stock tires look ridiculous, whereas a true ~2" lift might not. So if you weren't planning on doing 35" (or bigger) tires, that might be a reason to either hold off to save more to do the full lift+tires, or to go with a different lift.

There are lots of threads with photo examples in the suspension subforum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/suspension-steering-chassis.22/

Sponsored

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Judging by your screen name, you must have gotten tired waiting for Ford Bronco... 🤪

I have the Mopar lift and am very happy with it. The steering got a bit looser, but that's the result of many factors, including the wide, heavy 35-inch tires. The Jeep handles on-road bumps and the trail like a champ.

Everything I have seen and heard about the AEV lift is that it is a high-quality lift as well.

In my case, I wanted to avoid giving the dealer any excuses to deny warranty coverage, and it offered a special deal on the Mopar lift, so I went with it.

I honestly have never been much of a Ford guy but the bronco is looking real nice. I wouldn't want to buy the 1st year, plus I feel like Jeep you can make more personalized.

On the Mopar lift did you add anything to make it better?

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The AEV looks good, addresses almost everything. You just might want to find a front track bar bracket to go with it. You can also just do an adjustable track bar, but I'd recommend staying consistent front to rear. Granted AEV is smart, so they may have left it out because you're fine without it or it creates a clearance issue. If you ever go 3.5" you can do a track bar high-steer bracket with a drag link flip to keep your handling close to stock, or better. Geometry brackets are great for your goals, so the AEV is a very good find.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift / suspension suggestions? Mopar vs AEV vs.. ? 1626886797243

To give you an idea, this is the 3.5" I run. With bigger tires it drives better than stock. The drag link flip is only compatible with certain 3.5" lifts and backspaced wheels though.
Edit:" Credit to Maximus-3, I stole the screenshot from their site.
How much did the 3.5 run you?

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about the AEV, but one thing to note about the MOPAR lift (especially on a Sport) is that you will get significantly more than just 2". Depending on what else you have on your rig, you could get upwards of 3.5"-4".

While that might be awesome to get "free lift", it's going to make your stock tires look ridiculous, whereas a true ~2" lift might not. So if you weren't planning on doing 35" (or bigger) tires, that might be a reason to either hold off to save more to do the full lift+tires, or to go with a different lift.

There are lots of threads with photo examples in the suspension subforum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/suspension-steering-chassis.22/
I heard the AEV can be over 3" too. I definitely plan on getting 35s at some point. How is the geometry after the Mopar lift? I know going up that high will probably need correction.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased my first Jeep and I am having a great time so far! I have been on a few trails and decided it was time to lift her.

I have been looking around and found some local shops that gave me some good information but wanted to see what the communities opinion was. As I'm sure a lot of you guys have a lot more experience in this then I do.

Something that should be noted is this is my daily driver for about an hour commute. So performance on road is just as important to me.

I have heard that AEV is a more complete kit and drives excellent on pavement. On the other hand the Mopar needs some things but stays in warranty.

I am open to other kits. My budget is trying to stay under $2000.
https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Ro...ture-Series-1-System--TT--JL-4dr_p_10396.html

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On the Mopar lift did you add anything to make it better?
Yes. I got a YETI front adjustable track bar. You really have to. Without it, the front axle was 1 full inch towards the passenger side.

That is it.

I also got JKS FlexConnect swaybar links, but that’s for added articulation, irrespective of the lift.

BTW, the Mopar 2-inch lift netted me 4 inches of lift in front and 3 inches in rear.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I got a YETI front adjustable track bar. You really have to. Without it, the front axle was 1 full inch towards the passenger side.

That is it.

I also got JKS FlexConnect swaybar links, but that’s for added articulation, irrespective of the lift.

BTW, the Mopar 2-inch lift netted me 4 inches of lift in front and 3 inches in rear.
Throwing on a track bar isn't that back. Did the Mopar come with geometry brackets? I don't recall.