Lift recommendations?

rubicon18

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
2018 JL 2-Door Rubicon, removed rear seat, upgraded to 35" Ridge Grapplers (heavy!), just put in the Maximus-3 JL Tire Carrier (a beast), a Tepui RTT on Exposed Racks 3-bar rack, ARB Awning, 40L Iceco fridge and slide, custom wood platforms shelves in rear, lots of camping gear, typically carry 9-13 gallons water on the tire carrier as well. Looks like its popping a wheelie. Also I am not a small guy. The only thing light in the rig is my wallet. I am going to try to get it weighed if possible.

So what lift should I get for this overloaded rig? In addition to a lot of beach camping we plan to mostly overland/camp, maybe do some crawling on top of that but nothing major. So in addition to leveling it out, I want mostly a nice ride rather than a rock crawling beast. My other Jeep (now my son's) is a 2015 JKUR with 2 inch Mopar lift riding on Trail Grapplers, it feels like heaven compared to the JL (mostly due to longer wheelbase I suppose, but think the Mopar lift helps a lot).

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated!
Sponsored

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
You might check out AEV, I have one on a JK, and one on a JL. Both 4 doors, couldn’t be happier. Seem to handle weight without sagging too much.

OP
OP

rubicon18

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Thanks, it looks like I am going to get the AEV lift based on several recommendations. It goes in Thursday, will report back!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The best way to lift a jeep is to get all 8 control arms (at the least the lowers f/r) swapped out...that will allow better articulation/axle control and set you up for a better experience later with lift springs. Then swap both front and rear trackbars. The rear is very important. The stock rear trackbar (nor front but rear is worse) isn't designed for lifted vehicles.. you will have skip and rear end handling issues. Once you've upgraded those components, you can get some lift springs (spring rate for your heavier mods), shocks, bumps, and longer swaybar endlinks.
Sponsored