Lift on 2021 JLU Sport Altitude

kkeller9

First Name
Kiersten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Howdy! I am new to this, but I recently bought a 2021 JLU Sport Altitude. I am wanting to put a 3.5” lift on it. All of the pictures and builds that I have seen are on older models. Does anyone have any pictures of theirs or any recommendations on what looks good? I am wanting a more agressive look but not over the top as I am mostly commuting back and forth to work right now.
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Any specific reason you want to go 3.5" lift? What size tires do you plan on running?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Get a lift that fits your needs. Are you going 3.5” and heading to Rubicon Trail every weekend, or are you two-tracking and looking to gain some articulation?

You said you’re commuting back and forth from work at the moment. A 3.5” lift might be more than what you need.

OP
OP
kkeller9

kkeller9

First Name
Kiersten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any specific reason you want to go 3.5" lift? What size tires do you plan on running?
I have seen quite a few 2.5” on 35s and they just dont look like much was changed. Looking through a few of these discussions I have seen a few 2.5” on 37’s that give it that aggressive look I like so maybe that would be the vetter place to start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkeller9

kkeller9

First Name
Kiersten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a lift that fits your needs. Are you going 3.5” and heading to Rubicon Trail every weekend, or are you two-tracking and looking to gain some articulation?

You said you’re commuting back and forth from work at the moment. A 3.5” lift might be more than what you need.
Great advice thank you! I kept reading through this forum and saw some 2.5” on 37s that give it that agressive stance I am looking for. That may be the the better place to start

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Great advice thank you! I kept reading through this forum and saw some 2.5” on 37s that give it that agressive stance I am looking for. That may be the the better place to start
There are a ton of folks here running 37’s that have plenty of great advice on how to pull that off. Two of my personal favorite builds is @Headbarcode and @Jeepeto
Either of these two gentlemen can definitely point you in the right direction as far as the ins and outs of running 37s.
The things you have to keep in mind are your axles. Most folks running 37’s have either upgraded or are running them on a Rubicon platform.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks @rohdawg!

@kkeller9 I’m on MetalCloak 3.5” Game Changer lift with 37x12.5 Yokohama Geolander G003 MTs. I can’t speak much to running a build like this on a Sahara long term. As long as you stay on road you’d probably be fine, but I would budget a regear of your axles and upgrading steering components. 37s are a big jump from 35s and accelerated wear to many components. You will also lose quite a bit of drivability and MPG compared to stock obviously.

If you plan on taking it off road I would look into finding a take off rubicon Dana 44 front axle for your build.

I’ve got a build thread linked in my signature if you’re interested in what I’ve done with my build. Also be sure to check out @ExpeditionBuilds build thread. He’s on a 3.5” Game Changer and 37s as well.

Pictures below, just cause I love ‘em

5C0BEDFB-2585-4131-8C5A-8FCB42E0F1AA.jpeg

A1E913C6-8CE8-4938-8B22-96ED8DF363D8.jpeg

1D16EA3F-A5A8-4A5C-ACD4-ABB883B7F790.jpeg

7224B4BF-59DF-40AA-9DD0-DD8CEA14A1FA.jpeg

0AC55CAA-5566-4547-A30A-6C8009B84E87.jpeg

F6B586E6-D02A-4A05-9679-4617ABAA730C.jpeg

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have seen quite a few 2.5” on 35s and they just dont look like much was changed. Looking through a few of these discussions I have seen a few 2.5” on 37’s that give it that aggressive look I like so maybe that would be the vetter place to start.
@kkeller9 Be careful what you wish for, we're all good at spending your money once you type the number 37, lol.

Couple notes to get you pointed in the right directions.

Most spring lifts are measured from Rubicon height, which is an inch or so higher than your current setup, so a 2.5" lift will net you about 3.5" or so. Spacer lifts (which aren't all that bad for your on-road use case) will be exactly the size of the spacer, so it's more likely you'll get 2.5" out of a 2.5" spacer kit.

You'll need shocks. Your sport shocks will severely limit travel when you add bumpstop, and by the time you use shock extensions you're already on your way to the cost of a decent set.

The Rubicon pictures will have more room and look higher because the Rubi fenders are higher.

Your sport axles are about 1.5" narrower than the D44s on the Rubicon. You'll need to account for this in your wheel selection (or wheel spacers should you choose to go that route). Watch for backspacing requirements as you research lifts.

Check out TrailRecon's lift comparison videos on YouTube (2 part series), great video with insights on 6 different lifts and how they perform on/off road.

At this height, I'd recommend a kit with caster correction (LCAs or geo brackets) and an adjustible front track bar to recenter your axle.

And, since we're posting pics. Here's ours, 3" higher than a gas Rubi on 35" and 37" KO2s for comparison.

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

OP
OP
kkeller9

kkeller9

First Name
Kiersten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@kkeller9 Be careful what you wish for, we're all good at spending your money once you type the number 37, lol.

Couple notes to get you pointed in the right directions.

Most spring lifts are measured from Rubicon height, which is an inch or so higher than your current setup, so a 2.5" lift will net you about 3.5" or so. Spacer lifts (which aren't all that bad for your on-road use case) will be exactly the size of the spacer, so it's more likely you'll get 2.5" out of a 2.5" spacer kit.

You'll need shocks. Your sport shocks will severely limit travel when you add bumpstop, and by the time you use shock extensions you're already on your way to the cost of a decent set.

The Rubicon pictures will have more room and look higher because the Rubi fenders are higher.

Your sport axles are about 1.5" narrower than the D44s on the Rubicon. You'll need to account for this in your wheel selection (or wheel spacers should you choose to go that route). Watch for backspacing requirements as you research lifts.

Check out TrailRecon's lift comparison videos on YouTube (2 part series), great video with insights on 6 different lifts and how they perform on/off road.

At this height, I'd recommend a kit with caster correction (LCAs or geo brackets) and an adjustible front track bar to recenter your axle.

And, since we're posting pics. Here's ours, 3" higher than a gas Rubi on 35" and 37" KO2s for comparison.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift on 2021 JLU Sport Altitude IMG_3297

Awesome, thank you so much for the advice about how the measurements work. I will definitely take that into consideration.

caskil49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
Here is my 2020 JLU Sport Altitude with Fuel Vapor 17x9s with 35” BFG KM3s. Installed Skyjackers 2.5”-4” lift.

6492AC00-ECDC-405B-813A-FC00A6D9DC30.jpeg

C5CD44FA-76ED-4553-92F9-F938C8658053.jpeg
Sponsored