Lift Kits.....

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Alright, had the wrangler JLU for about 6 months, time for a lift kit. I put on 33' tires on the stock jeep but want to get a 2.5'' lift then down the road go to 35's. Ive seen GREAT reviews for Rough Country 2.5'' spacer lift. Do you think i need springs or will the spacers do? From reviews they run great. My situation: mostly on road, just want to have a little offroad fun. Id get A/T tires, no mud tires (im not that hardcore). I just want some extra clearance for trail fun. So what do you suggest? the Kit for RC is $200 and another $100 if i want shocks, do you think id need new shocks? Some ppl say the stock shocks and springs are better than upgrades they have done. Thoughts?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Alright, had the wrangler JLU for about 6 months, time for a lift kit. I put on 33' tires on the stock jeep but want to get a 2.5'' lift then down the road go to 35's. Ive seen GREAT reviews for Rough Country 2.5'' spacer lift. Do you think i need springs or will the spacers do? From reviews they run great. My situation: mostly on road, just want to have a little offroad fun. Id get A/T tires, no mud tires (im not that hardcore). I just want some extra clearance for trail fun. So what do you suggest? the Kit for RC is $200 and another $100 if i want shocks, do you think id need new shocks? Some ppl say the stock shocks and springs are better than upgrades they have done. Thoughts?
I have the RC spring and shock lift and it's definitely a stiffer ride but not obnoxiously so. If you want to maintain the stock softer ride, the spacer lift would be the best route without breaking the bank. RC is definitely one of the most budget-friendly set of lifts but a good brand to figure out if you want more.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you like the stock ride, get their spacer kit and keep the OEM shocks. It will ride the same. Sounds like a solid choice for your purpose.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have the RC spring and shock lift and it's definitely a stiffer ride but not obnoxiously so. If you want to maintain the stock softer ride, the spacer lift would be the best route without breaking the bank. RC is definitely one of the most budget-friendly set of lifts but a good brand to figure out if you want more.
Thank you so much! this is the kind of information i am looking for. I want to keep a smooth ride, it is mostly a daily driver. Im curious to see how 33's look with the 2.5'' lift, if it'll just look really dumb and i need to rush to get 35's or if it'll look alright until i do get 35's.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5" spacer lift using stock springs/shocks and it rides stock. Although I do have the lower control arm relocation brackets so you may want to consider a set of those to go with the spacers. I'll eventually swap out the stock shocks and extension brackets for some longer shocks but will likely just keep this setup for a while.

I had the 33's on the stock height and that looked great but I think they would look a bit funny with the 2.5" lift. I went with the 315/70/17's with the lift.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Thank you so much! this is the kind of information i am looking for. I want to keep a smooth ride, it is mostly a daily driver. Im curious to see how 33's look with the 2.5'' lift, if it'll just look really dumb and i need to rush to get 35's or if it'll look alright until i do get 35's.
I love the look (I have 33s) but the MOPAR, Teraflex, etc., lift would be closer to stock ride. To be fair, I'm running 295/70/17 (33 inch) E-rated mud tires, so they are stiffer, but comparing stock shocks with the same tires to the RC lift I could definitely feel the difference. I've since lowered my tire pressure to 30 psi and the ride is close to stock. Long term I may get the MOPAR lift just to get a better ride and be compliant for my extended warranty but the RC lift doesn't worry me now.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a 2.5" spacer lift using stock springs/shocks and it rides stock. Although I do have the lower control arm relocation brackets so you may want to consider a set of those to go with the spacers. I'll eventually swap out the stock shocks and extension brackets for some longer shocks but will likely just keep this setup for a while.

I had the 33's on the stock height and that looked great but I think they would look a bit funny with the 2.5" lift. I went with the 315/70/17's with the lift.
Ok i plan on riding the 33's for about a month before getting 35's. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored