Lift kits for the Eco diesel?

Obi-1

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 wrangler sport eco diesel
I am awaiting my 2023 EcoDiesel and was looking to put a 3" lift on it. do I need to get a lift kit that is specific for ecodiesel's due to the added engine weight or will any lift kit do? have been looking at the teraflex kit with falcon adjustable shocks. thanks in advance
Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Strangely, some members will bolt on ANY take-off suspension. This seems to fly in the face of the (supposed) fine tuning of spring rates and shock valving.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Strangely, some members will bolt on ANY take-off suspension. This seems to fly in the face of the (supposed) fine tuning of spring rates and shock valving.
Just because people bolt random stuff in doesn't mean it works well.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Just because people bolt random stuff in doesn't mean it works well.
Speak for yourself! I found some Mojave take-offs and now I’m going to send it!! :CWL:

Sponsored

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
Speak for yourself! I found some Mojave take-offs and now I’m going to send it!! :CWL:
Has anyone done this before? I have heard their suspension is amazing. I would think we are too heavy? Or you just kidding?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Has anyone done this before? I have heard their suspension is amazing. I would think we are too heavy? Or you just kidding?
I was completely kidding, I'm going with Clayton or MetalCloak diesel specific lifts. I'd never chance take-offs unless they are the knuckles.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I went with the Mopar lift for both of ours. It says 2" but I have 37" KO2's on mine and didn't rub anything last time I went to the off road park.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
I’ve running Clayton’s Overland Plus 3.5” kit for diesel and Flacon 3.3 adjustable diesel shocks. I’ve also replaced almost every imaginable component there is. It’s been an interesting journey. Mostly positive but also very time consuming.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I’ve running Clayton’s Overland Plus 3.5” kit for diesel and Flacon 3.3 adjustable diesel shocks. I’ve also replaced almost every imaginable component there is. It’s been an interesting journey. Mostly positive but also very time consuming.
Replaced components of the lift or other OEM stuff? What am I about to get into since I plan to go the same route.

Reactions: KNN

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
All steering components+steering box+geo correction brackets+3 diff stabilizers+knuckles+BJ+Axle shafts+etc. etc.

It never ends. Haha

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I have the 2020 JLURD diesel. After a long time researching I ended up with the MC 3.5 diesel specific lift. I also went with their underarmor and front and rear bumpers. Wonderful experience with this. I did notice the front end drooping about 1 inch after I installed the steel front bumper and 12k warn winch. I replaced the MC 3.5 springs with Rock Krawler 4.5 springs and leveled up the jeep. Never had any issues with the death wobble or steering problems. I highly recommend metalcloak.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
are they actually still shipping EcoDiesels, even with the recall on them?

i went with the Mopar diesel-specific lift on mine; although it's listed as "2-inch", i got almost 3 in the rear and over 4 in the front. it's high enough that you still need a pair of adjustable track bars to get the axles centered, a rear track bar relocation bracket, and a set of adjustable lower control arms (because the LCAs in the kit won't be long enough).
once i added a steel bumper and winch, it leveled out at about 3".

TL:DR
yes, you want to plan for a diesel-specific lift.

I am awaiting my 2023 EcoDiesel and was looking to put a 3" lift on it. do I need to get a lift kit that is specific for ecodiesel's due to the added engine weight or will any lift kit do? have been looking at the teraflex kit with falcon adjustable shocks. thanks in advance

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
are they actually still shipping EcoDiesels, even with the recall on them?

i went with the Mopar diesel-specific lift on mine; although it's listed as "2-inch", i got almost 3 in the rear and over 4 in the front. it's high enough that you still need a pair of adjustable track bars to get the axles centered, a rear track bar relocation bracket, and a set of adjustable lower control arms (because the LCAs in the kit won't be long enough).
once i added a steel bumper and winch, it leveled out at about 3".

TL:DR
yes, you want to plan for a diesel-specific lift.
What recall? The only one I've seen on my 2021 is a nothingburger one (regarding DEF) that is a 5 minute flash.
Sponsored