Lift Kit? Tires/Rims? Shocks? Help!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey I'm new here and looking to buy my first wrangler when the JL comes out.

I want something that can occasionally be taken off road but mainly used for daily commute. I love the aesthetic look on the jeep and was wondering what mods I would need to do to lift the car, and put some tires and rims on it. Is a lift kit with tires all I need?

I've seen so many posts on shock packages, stabilizer bars, and springs but not sure what impact they have. Any advice, knowledge, or input is highly appreciated. I'm here to learn!
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
How serious of an off road scenario are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that a stock Jeep is set up for an occasional off road adventure while being driven mainly on the road.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I think the jury is still out on how large a tire the new JL will accommodate in stock form. At minimum you could do inexpensive spring spacers that provide 1"-2" lift to accommodate slightly larger tires maybe up to 33"-34" tires. I'm sure there are thousands of forums that address your question for the JK. Too little is known about the JL yet.

OP
OP
Jabs

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
How serious of an off road scenario are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that a stock Jeep is set up for an occasional off road adventure while being driven mainly on the road.
I think the jury is still out on how large a tire the new JL will accommodate in stock form. At minimum you could do inexpensive spring spacers that provide 1"-2" lift to accommodate slightly larger tires maybe up to 33"-34" tires. I'm sure there are thousands of forums that address your question for the JK. Too little is known about the JL yet.
I go to land development construction sites about 3 times a month. The stock jeep should be fine but I do want rims/tires that are more capable and also look more aggressive.

Would I need to lift the car or as mentioned above are spacers enough?Would it be better to start planning once more details are out?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I go to land development construction sites about 3 times a month. The stock jeep should be fine but I do want rims/tires that are more capable and also look more aggressive.

Would I need to lift the car or as mentioned above are spacers enough?Would it be better to start planning once more details are out?
Unless I am mistaken, a current Rubicon comes with 33" mud/off-road tires stock. I think that's pretty aggressive compared to must pasaangers cars and trucks. There is word that jeep is trying to make the new JL able to upgrade to 35" tires with no lift needed. Ultimately at this point, we don't know. You are probably going to have to wait until at least the official reveal before we will know.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Unless I am mistaken, a current Rubicon comes with 33" mud/off-road tires stock. I think that's pretty aggressive compared to must pasaangers cars and trucks. There is word that jeep is trying to make the new JL able to upgrade to 35" tires with no lift needed. Ultimately at this point, we don't know. You are probably going to have to wait until at least the official reveal before we will know.
Actually, the stock Rubicon is a 32" tire.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
On the JK you can fit much bigger tires with flat fenders, stubby front bumper, minor trimming to the pinch seem(some years), and cutting the Rubicon rails 1" shorter in the rear(if you have a Rubicon)
I ran 37s for a while like that until I had time to install my lift kit. I didn't off-road it like that to see if bumpstops would be needed to keep the tires from rubbing under articulation but on the street it was fine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Kit? Tires/Rims? Shocks? Help! {filename}
Sponsored