Lift Kit Questions

somebuddyepic3

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I’m not sure if this thread has been started or not but, I’m interested in buying a 3inch lift kit for my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I would buy it only for looks, but I still want to keep a smooth comfortable ride as I would daily drive it. Is that possible?Thanks for all ur input!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Don’t.

Lift for a purpose unless you know what you’re getting yourself into. These kits are systems and make the vehicle more capable. But even stock, your Rubicon is no slouch.

Lift kits also change the driving dynamics and changing out one part will lead to a domino effect of you needing to change out more and more.

If you still want to do it and you’re doing it for the looks, make sure you do it only for you and not to impress anyone else. Because that schtik will wear out pretty quick and you’ll be left to learn a very expensive lesson.

Otherwise have fun out there.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
PS - the mopar lift kit with larger tires is a good place to start. You may want to beef up the steering stabilizer and add an adjustable trackbar. You’ll also need to reprogram the speedometer to compensate for the added lift and larger tires.

Last edited:

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hi Joseph, I put the mopar 2.5 lift on my 19 JLUR and I ,ME thinks it rides better then stock. You will have to get an alignment and if you drive to the alignment shop you will need to boot your computer to reset the ESC. I like the higher siting position and a little smoother ride

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

you can keep on road with performance with a 2.5" lift. but if you are not going to be using it you have to think if its worth the MPG loss. if it is then go for it and enjoy your wrangler !

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if this thread has been started or not but, I’m interested in buying a 3inch lift kit for my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I would buy it only for looks, but I still want to keep a smooth comfortable ride as I would daily drive it. Is that possible?Thanks for all ur input!
Yes it’s possible....... if you’re going 3” or over I would suggest you get a kit with adjustable front track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and adjustable front lcas, or caster correction brackets. Also tires will play as big a role in on-road comfort as correcting your geometry...........just my .02 of course.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hi Joseph, I put the mopar 2.5 lift on my 19 JLUR and I ,ME thinks it rides better then stock. You will have to get an alignment and if you drive to the alignment shop you will need to boot your computer to reset the ESC. I like the higher siting position and a little smoother ride
Definitely don’t need an alignment for the mopar lift. You’ll need a 15mm wrench to adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel. Nothing else is changed or adjustable

Brett

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
PS - the mopar lift kit with larger tires is a good place to start. You may want to beef up the steering stabilizer and add an adjustable trackbar. You’ll also need to reprogram the speedometer to compensate for the added lift and larger tires.
I would echo this post. Some want a more capable lift but I really like my Mopar 2". Yes, I would add an adjustable track bar in the front. Personally I added one in the rear and think it was "better" than before. Alignment is never a bad idea for 100$ but arguably not necessary. I think it drives like my stock JKU. I changed some more stuff and somewhat regret but I was going for capable, which I got.

Going higher is a whole different level. A lot starts happening over 2" and if just for looks or bigger tires, I would personally not recommend. I'm personally learning that now as I thought I wanted to increase to 3.5" and likely won't now.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
if you are going completely for looks and want to keep a resemblance of stock ride get a 2.5" spacer lift with shock relocation brackets. On a rubicon that is more than enough lift to run 37's.

Reece

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
if you are going completely for looks and want to keep a resemblance of stock ride get a 2.5" spacer lift with shock relocation brackets. On a rubicon that is more than enough lift to run 37's.
Brand recommendation?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Brand recommendation?
Honestly any spacer kit because they are basically the same thing. I had rough country and had no issues with the spacers. However I had their shocks too which I didn’t like. I would have preferred the shock relocation brackets.
Sponsored