Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Are these pics prior, or after your 1.5" Clayton Overland kit??

Good lookin Jeep BTW 😉
Thanks. Before lift… will post ‘after’ pics mid March. Current is Stock Rubicon suspension. Added RockHard4x4 aluminum bumper and Warn Zeon 8S winch. Back seat removed but have added ARB/Kraken compressor system and GMRS radio under the front seats and an AAL tailgate table along with the heavier spare wheel/tire on the back.
Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I like the idea of lifting it but not 3in. I would think half that would be more proportional. At least that is my plan. I am putting on a 1.5in Clayton Overland lift soon. Just moved up to 315s and while I think it looks okay, I want more flex. This is with no weight in the back.

5A3B7CCF-AA25-4CA7-AE2F-76CDBF690FE2.jpeg
AF976C9D-7DB9-4985-B6A1-6E81254CF7DD.jpeg
Lifts come in 2 flavors
1). EGO I need to run 40"+ tires and all my GFs call me ShortArm! Wait till I put on this NoseBleerd 6 in lift, I will show them.

2). What is the purpose: Light trails, camping and if I get in a bind it will be due to an accident and not on purpose. 2 in will do 80% of trails. I wanna run the slick rock in Moab, the you good lift 3 in min 5 in MAX.

RULES TO LIVE BY:

Center of Gravity ( CoG ) Is NOT your friend, in a PERFECT world we be LOWERING our Jeeps, not lifting them, but perfect our world is not!

For every INCH you lift in order to maintain and = your stability you need to go out 1.5 inches on each side per inch of lift based upon the OEM tire. So if you have jumped to 3537 x 12:50 you are still in the safe and good CoG zone.

I could lean my Jeep over 53 degrees before it laid down with 37 x 12:50s on Walker Evans Bead Locks

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I could lean my Jeep over 53 degrees before it laid down with 37 x 12:50s on Walker Evans Bead Locks
I would really like to know my pitch and roll limits without actually experiencing them. How did you determine yours?

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I would really like to know my pitch and roll limits without actually experiencing them. How did you determine yours?
I had a angle meter in my Jeep mounted on my windshield above my rearview.

Here I am in Moab and dropped down thru the wedge where my right front wheel is, notice it turned into the left. I am in the Jeep and I was leading and I slipped into the wedge and I am perfectly balanced. I had started to get out of my Jeep and it started leaning further over did not want to lay it down on the rock, so I just stayed. The Jeeps behind came down and I said take a PIC I am at 53 degrees.

Then one the guy comes over and he thinks I need to be rescued and asked do you want to come out? NO, just pull me over and him and another guy pulled over and I drove on...

So as you know there is a trick to this: So I borrowed a set of individual wheel weights, that measure each wheel. My Jeep is +/- 25 lbs at each corner. Some juggling under the hood, not carrying too many tools and placing them and locking them down to find the 4 corner sweet spots. There I go coughing up another secret to rock wheeling.

I wheel by myself, folks that want to ride do not stay long...

You buy a meter that tell you the angle in degrees and when you are wheeling just note when you got a lean going on read it, you won't forget it. I don't recommend pushing beyong 45 degrees unless you weight each corner and within +/- 25 lbs

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question 456124133WmkuiB_ph
mirror.

OP
OP
RJ7

RJ7

First Name
RJ.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR
Occupation
Union Ironworker Loc 7
I lifted it. Yep!!
Teraflex 2.5 inch spring lift. with teraflex F&R adjustable track bars, F&R relocation brackets, Teraflex lower control arms and Fox 2.0's plus a Fox S. Stabilizer. Both axles are centered perfectly, and the steering wheel is adjusted back to center. Did it on my driveway, on my back and knees, took me 10 hours(I know I'm slow and old) will get it professionally checked after i put some miles on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_1915.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_196522.JPG

Last edited:

JeepWhealen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 JKU Sport S Current: 2023 Willys XR
I lifted it. Yep!!
Teraflex 2.5 inch spring lift. with teraflex F&R adjustable track bars, F&R relocation brackets, Teraflex lower control arms and Fox 2.0's plus a Fox S. Stabilizer. Both axles are centered perfectly, and the steering wheel is adjusted back to center. Did it on my driveway, on my back and knees, took me 10 hours(I know I'm slow and old) will get it professionally checked after i put some miles on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_196522.JPG

View attachment 748272

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_196522.JPG
This is crying out for 37’s now.
Sponsored