Reactions: RJ7

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wouldn't expect the 2inch spacer lift to help much or any with rubbing the fenders.
My point was more that the front bump stops are much longer, and I have about 3.5" more lift than a standard Rubicon, and I think it would rub fully flexed. There's 0 chance that the OP doesn't rub without at least bump stop extensions.

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
I say keep it as is. It looks proportionate especially since you are running a 'small' 35 inch tire

If you are going to go bigger tires the then the lift would be appropriate

I ran 35 inch on my non lifted 2 door Rubi
Then added a 1.5inch lift since I was going to go 37's
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_3872

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I say keep it as is. It looks proportionate especially since you are running a 'small' 35 inch tire

If you are going to go bigger tires the then the lift would be appropriate

I ran 35 inch on my non lifted 2 door Rubi
Then added a 1.5inch lift since I was going to go 37's
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question IMG_3872
Do you run extended bump stops with limited up travel or do you not flex it out ever? There's no way those tires don't run bad off road if you have stock height bump stops.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Do you run extended bump stops with limited up travel or do you not flex it out ever? There's no way those tires don't run bad off road if you have stock height bump stops.
There was a thread going around sometime last year were they were discussions about rubbing with 35s as well as the "massive" towers of the Rubicon XR to prevent rubbing. Lots of people posted measurements of their stock rubis and XRs. The "massive" towers ended up being less than 1.5inches of bump stop over stock Rubi. And the perception of massive towers was because some XRs actually sit pretty low. To give you an idea, at that time my sport had rubicon springs from a 2 door rubi and it sat at the same height as some XRs.... Some XRs simply don't truly have a 1.5inch lift. With so little uptravel, the bumpstops look massive. Some lif kits recommend 2inch bumpstop extensions to run 35s with Rubi fenders, so it make senses you are close to rubbing with the stock XR extensions.

A stock Rubicon definitely rubs on max articulation with 35s regardless of what some people say. Easily fixed with a spacer and bumpstop. 1 inch should do it. Or at least I hope it does lol.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
There was a thread going around sometime last year were they were discussions about rubbing with 35s as well as the "massive" towers of the Rubicon XR to prevent rubbing. Lots of people posted measurements of their stock rubis and XRs. The "massive" towers ended up being less than 1.5inches of bump stop over stock Rubi. And the perception of massive towers was because some XRs actually sit pretty low. To give you an idea, at that time my sport had rubicon springs from a 2 door rubi and it sat at the same height as some XRs.... Some XRs simply don't truly have a 1.5inch lift. With so little uptravel, the bumpstops look massive. Some lif kits recommend 2inch bumpstop extensions to run 35s with Rubi fenders, so it make senses you are close to rubbing with the stock XR extensions.

A stock Rubicon definitely rubs on max articulation with 35s regardless of what some people say. Easily fixed with a spacer and bumpstop. 1 inch should do it. Or at least I hope it does lol.
Seems a lot of people look at lift height as the determining factor of tire size fitment. It's 100% bump stops. Of course if you put enough bump stop to clear 37's on a stock height Rubicon you probably won't have any uptravel. Conversely, even most 4.5" springs won't hit coil bind before 35's rub without extending bumps. I tend to run pretty fast out in the desert, so I want at least 4" of uptravel from ride height before getting in to the bumpstops. No you don't need 3.5" lift springs to run 35's on a JLUR with xr package, but it sure rides great. On the bright side, I'll likely only add 1" of bumpstop when I go to 37/38's and still have more uptravel than I did stock.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Seems a lot of people look at lift height as the determining factor of tire size fitment. It's 100% bump stops. Of course if you put enough bump stop to clear 37's on a stock height Rubicon you probably won't have any uptravel. Conversely, even most 4.5" springs won't hit coil bind before 35's rub without extending bumps. I tend to run pretty fast out in the desert, so I want at least 4" of uptravel from ride height before getting in to the bumpstops. No you don't need 3.5" lift springs to run 35's on a JLUR with xr package, but it sure rides great. On the bright side, I'll likely only add 1" of bumpstop when I go to 37/38's and still have more uptravel than I did stock.
Seems like this post is about "how it looks" anyway. Lol.

OP
OP
RJ7

RJ7

First Name
RJ.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR
Occupation
Union Ironworker Loc 7
Thanks for all the feedback

The lift I have is

2 1/2 inch Teraflex Spring kit.
Fox 2.0 Performance shocks plus Fox 2.0 steering Stabilizer
Front and rear Teraflex adjustable track bars
Fr and rear Teraflex track bar relocation brackets
Front Lower Adjustable Teraflex Control arms
Teraflex progressive bump stop kit

And an optional 1/2 inch Teraflex spacer kit

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I like the idea of lifting it but not 3in. I would think half that would be more proportional. At least that is my plan. I am putting on a 1.5in Clayton Overland lift soon. Just moved up to 315s and while I think it looks okay, I want more flex. This is with no weight in the back.

5A3B7CCF-AA25-4CA7-AE2F-76CDBF690FE2.jpeg
AF976C9D-7DB9-4985-B6A1-6E81254CF7DD.jpeg

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
With the way the stance is now looking great, a lift on a 2 door isn't getting you much of anything if its not rubbing the wheel wells. Your clearance outside of your rub rails is already dictated by noting other than your tire size.

If you can sell the lift for cost or close, there is a lot of other goodies or vacations to be had for the price.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question E83E9834-9517-4350-843B-2669A0A3B817

I ran my 315s without a lift and it looked fine but rubbed off road. This is with a MC 2.5” GC lift. This jist works better for me and my wheeling.

Deleted member 59498

I sold my factory wheels and tires over the weekend and had to install my new set of 35's
315/70R-17 Toyo Open Country AT3's on Fuel Vectors, before lift is installed
After looking at the results I kind of like it as it is. There is no rubbing at all so it rides nice.
I have a 3 inch lift kit all ready to be installed, Springs, shocks, control arms , track bars, complete. Just waiting for some good weather. But the current set up is growing on me. need some opinions on whether I should do install it or not. Let me know what you think, Thanks

IMG_1595 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1596 - Copy.jpg

IMG_1597 - Copy (2).jpg

IMG_1600 - Copy.jpg

Looks great without lift, may even look weird with one. Just looks perfect.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Thanks for all the feedback

The lift I have is

2 1/2 inch Teraflex Spring kit.
Fox 2.0 Performance shocks plus Fox 2.0 steering Stabilizer
Front and rear Teraflex adjustable track bars
Fr and rear Teraflex track bar relocation brackets
Front Lower Adjustable Teraflex Control arms
Teraflex progressive bump stop kit

And an optional 1/2 inch Teraflex spacer kit
These three have Teraflex, to give you an idea
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question 898CB446-FB72-4574-BF56-FD78CD7994B3
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question BBD185DB-2484-4262-BC0F-A7FC765A4B2C
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit or no lift kit That is the question AC4B9994-1A8C-4CED-BA33-68F42776D205
Sponsored