Sponsored

Lift Kit on 22 Willys Sport 2-Door

rdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys Sport 2 Door
My '22 Willys Sport 2-door should be at the dealer in a couple days. I'd like to put a craigslist rubicon takeoff lift kit on it. I'm a total noob when it comes to this, so I'm wondering what all I might need to know.

What parts do I need to make sure are included when I buy used parts? I just want a basic lift, nothing fancy.
Are there any warning signs for used parts I should avoid?
Will any JL or JT takeoff work on my Jeep?
Any advice about having it installed?
Any advice about not voiding the warranty?

Thanks!
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Lots of threads with info on take off lifts. Part numbers and the engine on the original vehicle are big things to watch for.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Try to find take offs from a 2 door with the same engine that way the springs will be the correct rate. I think you just need springs, shocks, and sway bar end links. Control arms are all the same I think. JT stuff is going to be different and should probably be avoided to keep things simple.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
If you’re just doing rubi suspension, all you need is springs.. everything else is the same. The springs have different rates and part numbers though. To get the highest lift you need a 4 door hard top with steel bumper and towing package. Spring number are somewhere on this forum. It’s been talked about alot

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
I recently did a rubicon spring swap on my Willys JLU. I increased 2 numbers in the front, 4 in rear. This gained about 1.25” rear lift and .75” front. 61/62 and 91/92 are the stiffest springs to gain the most lift. Snake, you running 285/75/17 tires? I’m thinking about jumping up from 285/70/17.
Sponsored