Sponsored

Lift Kit Install East Bay

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up my Wrangler JLU Sport a few weeks ago and purchased the Rancho 3.5" Lift kit. I moved to NorCal about a year ago from Illinois and unfortunately haven't brought over my tools, jacks, jackstands, etc yet.

Is there anyone reputable (preferably in the east bay) that you guys can recommend to do the install? I live in Dublin.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BeeeCeee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
You may want to contact SWAT Customs in Fremont. They installed a lift on my 2017 Silverado and did a great job. I was going to use them for my JLUR but decided I will do it myself.

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to contact SWAT Customs in Fremont..
Thank you for the tip, they seem very well rated!

I'm planning some small mods & a tire upgrade. Would you happen to know if they'll take my (not so) old tires at some trade value or would I be better off going to a tire shop? If the latter, do you have any good recommendations around the bay area?

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
My Wrangler is on order and I plan on a lift also. I was by the dealership last week and spoke with them about the cost to install a lift and do an alignment. They quoted me $1200 and told me it would take a full 8 hours to install the lift. I've been reading on the forums and others have said it doesn't take that long and have gotten the work done for much cheaper. Pls share any info you receive around pricing and i will do the same as I call around. Thanks

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It doesn’t help the OP, but I’m considering driving to Sacramento to get MetalCloak to install one of their lifts for me.

Regarding shops for installs, take a look at Rancho’s site to find local resellers. Then check their yelp ratings to find ones that seem to be well thought of.

Lastly, there’s always the 4WheelParts shop in Oakland. I’ve never been there, but they’d certainly do it for you if you want a big name shop.

OP
OP

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestions! Turns out I work really close to 4WheelParts and so far they've also quoted me the best price. Most shops I called wanted around a grand. I've made an appointment there for next week and have the wheels & tires on order from America's tire.

I originally contacted the 4x4 shop in Livermore and they sound like great knowledgeable guys and the prices on the parts were very competitive but the labor for the lift was around $1,100.

OP
OP

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm planning some small mods & a tire upgrade. Would you happen to know if they'll take my (not so) old tires at some trade value or would I be better off going to a tire shop? If the latter, do you have any good recommendations around the bay area?
I didn't end up contacting SWAT customs as 4WheelParts location is by far the most convenient for me.

But most of the shops I talked to will take the stock wheels/tires on trade, granted from what I could tell they will give very little.

America's tire gave me the best price by far on the wheels/tires and I'll just list my oem wheels/tires with 500 miles on them for sale on here and craigslist.

BeeeCeee

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ
I asked the same thing when I did my Silverado. He doesn't but he'll give you a number of a guy that will buy it. I decided to sell them on CList and got what I felt was a fair price for them.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for an update. Dropped the Jeep off this morning with 4WP. I ended up adding on the Control Arm relocation brackets and they're doing an alignment. While not the cheapest place to get it done, it did end up being the most convenient and everyone there was friendly and helpful.

America's tire received the wheels with the wrong offset, so hoping they get the correct ones ASAP as I don't want to be driving around with a lift and stock wheels & tires! :jk:
Sponsored